Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 304931 times)

Gigantor

Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1215 on: November 03, 2015, 07:39:12 PM »
reckon an injury free Corey ellis might give us a big lift

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1216 on: November 03, 2015, 08:52:02 PM »
I think this season was his maturing year.

I think he will cement his place in our top 10 players next year.

Coming along ok.

I believe a lot of you not in his camp are being a fraction impatient.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1217 on: November 03, 2015, 09:11:51 PM »
Kid had an excellent year by and large.

Faded a bit late in the season, got tagged out completely in the EF. Shame some people are hating on him so much for that - personally I'm most disappointed with blokes like Lids and Cotchin, our 'leaders' who 100% DID NOT STAND UP.

He's just turned 22. Definitely in our best team. He's not even anywhere in our worst half dozen lol.

Hes not anywhere near the best 12, is he ?

He probably is to be honest. How about you rank the team's best 1 to 22, and show me where you think Ellis belongs?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1218 on: November 03, 2015, 10:04:25 PM »
Would be in the best 12, those above him

Lids
Cotch
Martin
Miles
Rance
Riewoldt
Maric
Vlastuin

Plus probably a couple of others I forgot

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1219 on: November 04, 2015, 07:11:52 AM »

Faded a bit late in the season, got tagged out completely in the EF. Shame some people are hating on him so much for that - personally I'm most disappointed with blokes like Lids and Cotchin, our 'leaders' who 100% DID NOT STAND UP.

He's just turned 22. Definitely in our best team. He's not even anywhere in our worst half dozen lol.

He probably is to be honest. How about you rank the team's best 1 to 22, and show me where you think Ellis belongs?

Lids, rance, dusty, chimp, jack are for mine the clear top bracket

Then you have Maric, miles, yarren, vlastuin, titch, grimes

I'd have b Ellis in the third group.  Yet for mine the like of Lennon, Mcintosh, c Ellis types hve shown more promising  signs.  You also have McBean and Townsend that are pretty much unknowns

B Ellis might be closer to the bottom six than you think.  Not a bad thing;  i rather b Ellis on the bench than Newman or grigg, at least he's young with upside. For all his faults.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1220 on: November 04, 2015, 11:03:14 AM »
B Ellis is far above all those in Group C and even in front of some of those in B, Yarren and Grimes.......your reaching there

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1221 on: November 04, 2015, 11:12:00 AM »
To me, his name means, " consistent wasted opportunities"
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1222 on: November 04, 2015, 11:50:31 AM »

I'd have b Ellis in the third group.  Yet for mine the like of Lennon, Mcintosh, c Ellis types hve shown more promising  signs.  You also have McBean and Townsend that are pretty much unknowns

B Ellis might be closer to the bottom six than you think.  Not a bad thing;  i rather b Ellis on the bench than Newman or grigg, at least he's young with upside. For all his faults.

So you have a top group of 5... (5 total)
... followed by a middle group of 6... (11 total)
...then throw Ellis into the next group of 6 (ranks 12-17) suggesting that blokes like C Ellis are more promising, whereas McBean and Townsend are unknown.

So given that C Ellis has shown only a glimpse, McBean and Townsend have shown absolutely FA, and McIntosh + Lennon are probably just coming good in 2015 then B Ellis really is in fact in or very close to our top 12, and not even close to our bottom 6.

IMO he's comfortably in our top 12. Soft or not, he's still averaging 26 disposals, 6+ marks and 3+ tackles a game this year. Don't know if that's more of a credit to him or indictment on our club...?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1223 on: November 04, 2015, 12:30:15 PM »

...then throw Ellis into the next group of 6 (ranks 12-17) suggesting that blokes like C Ellis are more promising, whereas McBean and Townsend are unknown.

So given that C Ellis has shown only a glimpse, McBean and Townsend have shown absolutely FA, and McIntosh + Lennon are probably just coming good in 2015 then B Ellis really is in fact in or very close to our top 12, and not even close to our bottom 6.

IMO he's comfortably in our top 12. Soft or not, he's still averaging 26 disposals, 6+ marks and 3+ tackles a game this year. Don't know if that's more of a credit to him or indictment on our club...?

I left out conca. Bacha houli. Too in an attempt to stimulate discussion. Unsuccessfully.

B Ellis is far above all those in Group C and even in front of some of those in B, Yarren and Grimes.......your reaching there

I rate grimes pretty highly. Personally.

I'd be worse for Richmond to have grimes do an ACL, than b Ellis. For mine.

i dont think its reaching at all to claim grimes is a key pillar of our side these days. More so in future years if his body holds together.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:06:34 PM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1224 on: November 04, 2015, 12:30:59 PM »

I left out conca. Bacha houli. Too in an attempt to stimulate discussion. Unsuccessfully.

Are those two in the bottom 6?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1225 on: November 04, 2015, 12:34:25 PM »
Are they in the best 12?

what do;

Morris
Lloyd
Hunt
Grigg
Batchelor

translate to in your native language ?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:54:33 PM by Stalin »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1226 on: November 04, 2015, 05:15:37 PM »

I left out conca. Bacha houli.

You mean the guy you consistently call a list clogger

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1227 on: November 04, 2015, 05:21:55 PM »
Are they in the best 12?

what do;

Morris
Lloyd
Hunt
Grigg
Batchelor

Morris -Stumbles
Lloyd-Lazy
Hunt-Annoying trier
Grigg-Newman mkII
Batchelor - Depth
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #1228 on: November 04, 2015, 05:48:34 PM »
Grigg plays nothing like Newman lol

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1229 on: November 04, 2015, 05:56:06 PM »
Are they in the best 12?

what do;

Morris
Lloyd
Hunt
Grigg
Batchelor

Morris -Stumbles
Lloyd-Lazy
Hunt-Annoying trier
Grigg-Newman mkII
Batchelor - Depth
Really? What kind of a critique is that?

He's no good because he's not good looking enough as well?