Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 293704 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Brandon Ellis to put contract talks on hold (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1860 on: May 24, 2019, 03:24:03 PM »
Those supercoach scores are really important to a club when they're looking for a free agent.  :rollin
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1861 on: May 24, 2019, 06:32:39 PM »
Those supercoach scores are really important to a club when they're looking for a free agent.  :rollin

Those supercoach scores are reflective of how week he is travelling atm.

Like I always said, his game is far more suited to playing on the wing rather than half back and I don’t think he would struggle to break into many teams playing that role.

We have some exciting cubs who play his position and so if he does decide to leave then I don’t think it would be the worst thing. Although if he keeps playing to this standard I don’t think even his biggest haters here can be disappointed if he re-signs.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1862 on: May 24, 2019, 08:42:06 PM »

Those supercoach scores are reflective of how week he is travelling atm.

Like I always said, his game is far more suited to playing on the wing rather than half back and I don’t think he would struggle to break into many teams playing that role.

We have some exciting cubs who play his position and so if he does decide to leave then I don’t think it would be the worst thing. Although if he keeps playing to this standard I don’t think even his biggest haters here can be disappointed if he re-signs.
I’d be more than disappointed.
I really hope he gets a great deal to set himself up but moves on.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #1863 on: May 24, 2019, 09:54:29 PM »
Bit of Ren McCormack abour our Brando.

Cutloose.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1864 on: June 05, 2019, 04:15:01 PM »
Will Brandon Ellis stay at Tigerland?

The born-again winger is a restricted free agent at the end of this season, meaning his pay falls in the top 25 per cent of the club's contracts. After years at half-back, the 25-year-old was moved to the wing this year, and after a rocky start, has found his feet. He's averaging 23.4 disposals, up from 19.8 last year, and at his age is an attractive proposition for rebuilding clubs.

– Sarah Black

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-05/finals-trade-plans-next-coach-your-clubs-burning-questions

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1865 on: June 13, 2019, 10:25:48 PM »
Should have taken what he could get

Absolute spud and we need to delist him, cost us atleast 4 goals tonight

:banghead :banghead

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1866 on: June 13, 2019, 10:27:58 PM »

His stock standard game unfortunately. Dimma needs to focus on what he can't do and send him back to the VFL.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1867 on: June 13, 2019, 10:28:38 PM »

Yep along with Higgins were stuffing pathetic
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1868 on: June 13, 2019, 10:37:11 PM »
Stinker.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1869 on: June 13, 2019, 10:43:19 PM »
We're back to the "can't carry both him & Houli in the same side" days of yore...except now we have Butler, Menadue & Naish all playing as well...

:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1870 on: June 13, 2019, 10:44:05 PM »
Hahahaha that pic is good value, have to pay that :lol

:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1871 on: June 13, 2019, 11:04:18 PM »
Like someone else said, pretty standard for Bellis.

He doesn’t even look to kick the ball forward.

He is so soft it actually makes me laugh when he gets the footy.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1872 on: July 04, 2019, 10:45:10 PM »
Flag Tiger parks contract talks as Blues, Roos and Dons circle

AFL.com.au
Mitch Cleary
Jul 4, 2019 8:11PM

RICHMOND premiership midfielder Brandon Ellis has parked contract negotiations as he prepares to explore his free agency options.

A restricted free agent at season's end, Ellis has received interest from Victorian clubs including Carlton, North Melbourne and Essendon with others outside Melbourne monitoring his situation.

It is understood Ellis, 25, will meet with his management in the next month to assess his options for 2020, with the Tigers well aware of his plans to canvass the open market.

The Blues will look for readymade options this year after going to the draft in recent seasons, while the Roos and Bombers are both in need of added midfield depth.

However, the Blues and Roos find themselves in list management limbo before season's end with a number of decisions up in the air, as both clubs are without a senior coach for 2020.

Ellis last re-signed a two-year deal at Richmond in August 2017 and finds himself in the Tigers' top-10 earners this season as a restricted free agent.

Since 2017, the Tigers have lured Tom Lynch and signed 11 premiership players beyond 2019 including healthy extensions for Dustin Martin, Nick Vlastuin, Dylan Grimes, Daniel Rioli and Kane Lambert.

As a result, it is believed Ellis would be bumped down the pecking order of top earners at Punt Road should he wish to stay.

The Tigers are also set to extend Shane Edwards' contract into 2020, with a deal still to be struck for integral key defender David Astbury, an unrestricted free agent this season.

Others out of contract include Dan Butler, Liam Baker, Shai Bolton, Nathan Broad and Kamdyn McIntosh.

Ellis was dropped twice last season, including on the eve of finals, and was overlooked for round one this year but has since played 12 matches and returned to his best averaging 22.3 disposals per game.

Coach Damien Hardwick admitted last month he had focused too much on the downfalls in Ellis' game in recent seasons.

"He's had some challenges, there's no doubt. The great thing about Brandon, the thing I love, is he accepts the areas he's got to get better at," Hardwick said.

"But also as a coaching group, I probably didn't understand and back in his strengths enough. That was on me. To his credit, he's gone on and is playing some wonderful footy.

"He's playing his natural game, his ability to run and create, use the ball, mark, has just been really evident for me to see, which is really pleasing.

"It happens from time to time, and at stages I've got to get better at catching myself doing it. I know when I'm at my worst, unfortunately, Brandon's one of those guys, he’s really close to me, that cops it the most."

Ellis is one of five restricted free agents this season alongside Greater Western Sydney's Stephen Coniglio, Gold Coast's Sam Day, Adelaide's Sam Jacobs and St Kilda's Jack Newnes.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-07-04/flag-tiger-ellis-parks-contract-talks-as-blues-roos-and-dons-circle

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1873 on: July 04, 2019, 10:46:46 PM »
Richmond’s Brandon Ellis put off contract talks until late in the year at the start of the season and remains one of the quality free agents on the market.

He is little chance of securing a contract at Richmond anywhere near what he would be paid by Victorian rivals keen to secure a player with excellent disposal and solid rebound.

He has enjoyed one of his most consistent years after being dropped twice this year, his management likely to park his deal until year’s end given the Tigers lack of cap space and his improving form.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/brad-hill-could-be-on-the-move-and-tiger-brandon-ellis-is-sure-to-be-in-free-agency-picture/news-story/1e0a36a986b2b6039d0e4edec4cb2082

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1874 on: July 05, 2019, 11:52:19 AM »
Excellent.

AFL will screw us on compo, so threaten to match and force a trade if possible...