Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 297805 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Brandon Ellis to put contract talks on hold (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1875 on: July 05, 2019, 11:54:54 AM »
Ellis last re-signed a two-year deal at Richmond in August 2017 and finds himself in the Tigers' top-10 earners this season as a restricted free agent.
What sort of compo would we get for Ellis if he's in our top-10 earners and leaves as a FA? Another first round pick?

I'd take either one of the Blues (linked Adelaide), North or the Bombers first rounders if we match and force a trade.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1876 on: July 05, 2019, 01:22:32 PM »
I’d be just happy he is gone to be honest. A compo pick would just be a bonus for all the years we have had to watch him jumping at shadows.

I can only cross my fingers and hope Bellis, Houli and even Menadue, the 3 softest players on our list will be gone by years end.

Bring in 3 kids with a bit of go and our list would be in better shape. Preferably 3 KPP’s.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1877 on: July 05, 2019, 01:56:04 PM »
Ellis last re-signed a two-year deal at Richmond in August 2017 and finds himself in the Tigers' top-10 earners this season as a restricted free agent.
What sort of compo would we get for Ellis if he's in our top-10 earners and leaves as a FA? Another first round pick?

I'd take either one of the Blues (linked Adelaide), North or the Bombers first rounders if we match and force a trade.
We won't match, as they'll all offer more than we will.

We should get first round compo, considering what Geel were gifted for Motlop.

But we know the AFL have got it in for us after we have exploited the system with the Vickery signing and Lynch last year.

We'll likely get end of second round.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1878 on: July 05, 2019, 06:07:26 PM »
I’d be just happy he is gone to be honest. A compo pick would just be a bonus for all the years we have had to watch him jumping at shadows.

I can only cross my fingers and hope Bellis, Houli and even Menadue, the 3 softest players on our list will be gone by years end.

Bring in 3 kids with a bit of go and our list would be in better shape. Preferably 3 KPP’s.
What no Short on the soft list. He is every bit as soft as the other three.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1879 on: July 05, 2019, 06:28:25 PM »
Even Claw can see it... :shh

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1880 on: July 05, 2019, 06:51:32 PM »
Even Claw can see it... :shh

Ive been saying it for a fair while now.

Only one place in the backline for a small. for me that small should be Stack.If not stack then Houli who easily outperforms the likes of Short ellis etc.

If Ellis goes id like to use whatever we get for him on a player like Harris Andrews. If Picketts wafl form translated to Afl id play him in front of both Houli and Short.

looking fwd id be happy with

Grimes - Andrews - Stack
Rance - Balta - Vlastuin/Pickett

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1881 on: July 05, 2019, 07:04:35 PM »
You think Harris Andrews could fit under our salary cap?

I don't get how there are people who think the club wouldn't pay Ellis a decent amount to stay (if they can and he wants to stay, they will) yet think we're in the hunt for another gun from another club. It's either one or the other IMO.

Andrews would be an amazing get though. Wouldn't get him cheap though. Brisbane are keen on BEllis...tell Bris we'll match their FA offer unless they trade us Andrews for Brave Brando...heck we'll even send them Short & Tabouli to add even more bravery to their club....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1882 on: July 05, 2019, 07:09:12 PM »

What no Short on the soft list. He is every bit as soft as the other three.
Short is Glen Archer compared to those 3.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1883 on: July 05, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »
I see a few on here have mentioned they'd like us to pursue Powell-Pepper.

Well this looks a possibility. Fleshing out the bones of a possible trade

Ellis to Essendon
Fantasia to Port
Powell-Pepper to us

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1884 on: July 05, 2019, 11:02:23 PM »
Ellis is an unrestricted free agent, no trade required unless we match which we won't , Fantasia's said he doesn't want to leave.....if we go after SPP it won't be via that scenario.....Port are into  Bolton so that may be a starting point.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1885 on: July 06, 2019, 08:28:34 AM »
Ellis is an unrestricted free agent, no trade required unless we match which we won't , Fantasia's said he doesn't want to leave.....if we go after SPP it won't be via that scenario.....Port are into  Bolton so that may be a starting point.... :shh
Bolton isn’t going anywhere.....
Ellis on the other hand, I’m not so sure. 🎉

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1886 on: July 06, 2019, 09:59:54 AM »

The original article says Ellis is restricted.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1887 on: July 13, 2019, 02:46:29 PM »
AFL.com.au journalist Mitch Cleary has provided an update on the latest trade news and rumours to this point in the season.

Brandon Ellis (Richmond)

“This is a fascinating one, it’s a bit of a holding pattern at the moment. He’s parked negotiations until the end of the season, I think North Melbourne and Carlton are both interested,” Cleary told AFL Nation.

“It’s hard to see him staying at Richmond next year. I think it’s long odds he stays at Punt Road. He’s a restricted free agent so that means he’s a top 10 earner right now, he’s nowhere near their top 10 earners right now.

“He’d have to take a pay cut to stay.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/07/12/clearys-huge-trade-update-on-ellis-langdon-goldstein-greenwood-and-more/

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1888 on: July 13, 2019, 05:18:50 PM »
AFL.com.au journalist Mitch Cleary has provided an update on the latest trade news and rumours to this point in the season.

Brandon Ellis (Richmond)

“This is a fascinating one, it’s a bit of a holding pattern at the moment. He’s parked negotiations until the end of the season, I think North Melbourne and Carlton are both interested,” Cleary told AFL Nation.

“It’s hard to see him staying at Richmond next year. I think it’s long odds he stays at Punt Road. He’s a restricted free agent so that means he’s a top 10 earner right now, he’s nowhere near their top 10 earners right now.

“He’d have to take a pay cut to stay.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/07/12/clearys-huge-trade-update-on-ellis-langdon-goldstein-greenwood-and-more/
Obviously I hope he leaves but if it’s looking like it, play someone else instead.
Make his decision easy.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1889 on: July 14, 2019, 06:03:22 PM »
Credit where it's due. Brandon with 12 contested possessions today.

29 disposals (18k, 11h, 12c, 19u, 69% eff.)
4 marks
4 clearances
4 first possessions
4 inside F50
4 rebound D50
4 tackles
5 one%ers
3 clangers
1 goal assist
2 behinds