Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 293831 times)

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1905 on: July 15, 2019, 07:54:53 PM »
Thanks Mr Ellis!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1906 on: July 15, 2019, 07:56:33 PM »
Not an argument, Mr Imposter.....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1907 on: July 15, 2019, 08:20:53 PM »
I thought BEllis was good this week, after a pretty ordinary effort against the Suns

One of the problems and this isn't BEllis' fault but early on he was gifted alot of games, that's why he's played 160 games. Perhaps if he hadn't been we wouldn't be having this on going discussion. The flaws would be out of his game (you'd hope)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1908 on: July 15, 2019, 09:11:09 PM »
He is going to be offered a contract bigger than his last, by at least 5 different clubs. Why would other clubs be chasing him if his first 160 games were so bad? It's going to come down to whether or not we can offer him a decent enough deal to fit our cap restraints. Then it's up to him to decide whether he'll take the extra $ on offer elsewhere or stay for a bit less.

One thing is for sure, the boy certainly still has the respect of his coach and teammates & was clearly playing for the jumper on Sunday.

I know I love him and you hate him, but probably best to just leave your thoughts on him be since everyone already knows what they are. Same could be said for me but at least I acknowledge his faults and am happy to admit when he's not put in decent efforts.
The only problem with that is I don’t think you acknowledge his faults because if you did you would sound like me.... but happy to disagree as I know you like him. But unfortunately I won’t be keeping quiet about him if he plays like he did in the weekend.

And from what I’m hearing he will be leaving at the end of the year because we would prefer to spend the money elsewhere. True story.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1909 on: July 16, 2019, 08:51:42 AM »
We really can’t afford to lose Ellis or Butler for that matter.

The one glaring hole on our list right now is a good whipping boy coming through. Clarke and co. have done a good job recruiting talent lately, but this is a serious concern. With Weller’s papers looking stamped, along with Aarts and Menadue, we need to find one quick.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1910 on: July 16, 2019, 08:56:40 AM »
We really can’t afford to lose Ellis or Butler for that matter.

The one glaring hole on our list right now is a good whipping boy coming through. Clarke and co. have done a good job recruiting talent lately, but this is a serious concern. With Weller’s papers looking stamped, along with Aarts and Menadue, we need to find one quick.

100% agree, the value of a good whipping boy can never be underestimated

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1912 on: July 21, 2019, 07:45:51 PM »
That means he wants out... Money talks!!!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1913 on: July 21, 2019, 07:51:34 PM »
:(

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1914 on: July 21, 2019, 08:55:20 PM »
That means he wants out... Money talks!!!

Who could blame him?

Likely to get a lot more elsewhere. But I reckon he will stay with us for a fair bit less. Just a case of whether the difference is too great.

North still smarting over us keeping Dusty, so watch them make a dumb offer.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brandon Ellis to put contract talks on hold (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1915 on: July 22, 2019, 03:50:12 AM »
Ellis insists he wants to stay at Richmond

Daniel Cherny
The Age
22 July 2019

Free agent Brandon Ellis has stressed that he wants to stay at Punt Road, indicating that he is hopeful of signing a new contract with Richmond soon.

The premiership Tiger has loomed as a possible victim of the club’s salary cap squeeze, with the restricted free agent linked with clubs including Carlton and North Melbourne.

Dropped on the eve of last year’s finals, and overlooked for round one this year, Ellis has enjoyed a resurgence, playing 15 games this year and enjoying strong outings in the recent wins over Greater Western Sydney and Port Adelaide.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick conceded earlier in the season that he had focused too much on Ellis’ weaknesses rather than the wingman’s strengths over the preceding year. Ellis said the mea culpa was well-received.

“It meant a lot. I didn’t feel I was backed in, I just thought that every time they’d make a mistake that’s what they’d look at, they wouldn’t look at my good stuff,” Ellis told The Age.

“But we swept that under the carpet, started clean and Dimma’s [Hardwick] been amazing. Obviously I’ve still got flaws in my game but I just try and win my strengths every week and keep working on my weaknesses.

“Dimma backed me in, put me in the midfield where I think I play my best footy. He’s just sort of backed me in to play to my strengths each week, which I’m loving and love doing.”

Asked if a development on his playing future was close, Ellis said, “I hope so.”

“I leave that to my manager [Marty Pask] and [Richmond list manager] Blair Hartley and the club to sort out. Hopefully we’ll get something done soon.”

But he was adamant that he wanted to stay. “I love this club. I love what we’re about.’’

Ellis has played 168 games since being taken as a first-round draft pick in 2011.

Knowing first-hand about the selection axe, Ellis suggested that no Tiger was safe, following the recent omission of fellow premiership players Josh Caddy and Kamdyn McIntosh.

“Our VFL’s flying, so it’s a credit to [VFL coach] Craig McRae who’s a coach of the VFL program. He’s been amazing. For [Josh] Caddy to be kept out of the team because we’ve got [Shai] Bolton playing well, [Sydney] Stack playing well, it just shows how much depth that we’ve got.’’

With four wins on the trot, the Tigers are on the verge of breaking into the top four, and will have the chance to do so against Collingwood at the MCG on Friday night.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/ellis-insists-he-wants-to-stay-at-richmond-20190721-p5298z.html

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1916 on: July 27, 2019, 01:30:19 PM »
With 7 minutes to go in the last, BT says, “Ellis has to go here, and he did.... this time”

Says it all.

But let’s be honest, no one is even shocked it happened again.

The quicker the little sissy leaves the better. 

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1917 on: July 27, 2019, 01:57:51 PM »
That play between him & Short Steps summed them both up ...a classic display of synchronised squibbing & tag-team pants-pooting... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1918 on: July 27, 2019, 02:06:42 PM »
Short Step set a few lads up last night and dropped 16 chesties...:shh stuff me. Brando 40 metres in the clear at one point so BT's man drops the chesty, takes 5 seconds to pick it up and then kicks it up in the stuffing headlights where Brave Brando courageously got an arm to it......:shh :shh

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1919 on: July 27, 2019, 02:53:08 PM »
Short Step set a few lads up last night and dropped 16 chesties...:shh stuff me. Brando 40 metres in the clear at one point so BT's man drops the chesty, takes 5 seconds to pick it up and then kicks it up in the stuffing headlights where Brave Brando courageously got an arm to it......:shh :shh
What was it you called that pizweak effort by your man Brando in the game thread?

Sickening??

And it happens weekly with Brando.

I know Dimma was sickened by it going off the footage straight after it 

The most scared Richmond footballer to ever play AFL footy that I have ever seen.

If anyone can think of another to rival him I would love to hear it.