Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 297637 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1920 on: July 27, 2019, 05:07:24 PM »
I was being facetious in the post you just quoted...:shh I know Brave Brando's shortcomings. He had 2 poor efforts in the first half. Had a better dip in the 2nd. Overall a pretty subpar game but probably still the favourite for the Brownlow

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brandon Ellis to put contract talks on hold (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1921 on: August 01, 2019, 04:37:56 AM »
Ellis must make big sacrifice to stay a Tiger

Jon Ralph,
Herald Sun
July 30, 2019

Brandon Ellis will have to sacrifice over half a million dollars over the life of his next contract to remain at the Tigers.

Ellis has put off contract talks until the end of the year and as a restricted free agent turning 26 this week is sure to have suitors in an extremely thin free agency market.

Ellis has played some of the best football of his career this year but again underlined his polarising nature with fans when he should have gone stronger back with the flight.

But with the free agency market bereft of stars beyond Stephen Coniglio, players like Stephen Hill and Ellis are sure to attract offers around $500,000 a year and more.

Luke Dahlhaus secured a $2 million, four-year offer when he moved from the Bulldogs to Geelong despite a shocking 2018 season, with Ellis likely to ask for a deal as long as four years.

At Richmond he is a strong role player but with the club’s cap demands there is no way he would secure a contract around that level.

They would be more likely to offer him no more than $400,000 a season and would have to make other sacrifices to retain him.

Ellis has strong rival interest given his combination of disposal and hard running, and has the third-best kick rating of any wingman this season.

The Tigers have a star-studded list with at least five A-Graders and must find cap space for Shai Bolton, Liam Baker, Dan Butler and Mabior Chol.

Sydney Stack will also sign a deal which has incentives for him to return in excellent shape as he pushes Carlton’s Sam Walsh for the AFL Rising Star award.

The Dogs secured a second-round compensation pick for Dahlhaus, which given their low ladder position ended up as pick 31.

The club will also recontract free agents Bachar Houli and Shane Edwards at the end of the season given both are still in exceptional form.

The Tigers are in line for another deep finish, with rivals circling players including young WA utility Baker.

But this year having moved on depth players including Corey Ellis, Sam Lloyd and Anthony Miles, they have found half a dozen exciting players by blooding them early when injuries hit.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/free-agent-brandon-ellis-will-need-to-sacrifice-over-500000-to-stay-at-richmond/news-story/b108f0973d263950243e6ca9aa425283

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1922 on: August 15, 2019, 03:41:34 PM »
Brandon Ellis to Carlton is getting louder...
Got pretty solid info from a insider at Carlton

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-draft-targets-rumours-2019.1216210/post-62312896

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1923 on: August 15, 2019, 04:52:52 PM »
Brandon Ellis to Carlton is getting louder...
Got pretty solid info from a insider at Carlton

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-draft-targets-rumours-2019.1216210/post-62312896

Gee Brandon will go well at Blues.  NOT. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1924 on: August 17, 2019, 11:04:27 AM »
RICHMOND premiership player Brandon Ellis is among a group of five trade targets the Gold Coast Suns believe can improve their list and get the club on an upward trajectory.

The Suns have made it their priority to bring in established and experienced players who can bolster their midfield, adding to their quality and depth.

Ellis is a restricted free agent at the end of the season and is yet to agree on a new deal with the Tigers, who he won a premiership with in 2017.

The 26-year-old declared late last month he was eager to stay at Richmond but a squeeze on their salary cap may force him to look at other options. Carlton, North Melbourne and Essendon have also been linked to the elite runner.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/afl/five-rival-players-the-gold-coast-suns-are-interested-in-acquiring-at-this-years-afl-trade-period/news-story/b2fff49d94df672d03b8bc59e57b2dc7

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1925 on: August 17, 2019, 11:11:02 AM »
Could we package up
Ellis, Townsend, Menadue and 1 or two others and get an early pick?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1926 on: August 17, 2019, 11:32:01 AM »
Could we package up
Ellis, Townsend, Menadue and 1 or two others and get an early pick?
Ellis is a restricted free agent. If another club makes an offer that we can't/don't match then he's gone. We would get compo in return based on his current pay ranking at Richmond, the $$$ and length of his new contract at his new club, and what other trades we do (eg: if we scored a FA ourselves then that could 'cancel' out Ellis leaving regarding compo).

IIRC, Ellis is a top-10 earner at the Club. So I'm presuming we could get a first rounder as compo. That would give us our current pick 15 and then pick 16 as compo.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1927 on: August 17, 2019, 12:13:20 PM »
We could always package up the compo pick... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1928 on: August 17, 2019, 04:45:08 PM »
Whatever we get is a bonus!

But why do we keep playing him??

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1929 on: August 17, 2019, 06:30:38 PM »
It's crazy how he's played 170 games of AFL and played in a premiership. AND other clubs want him.

Like why? He clearly wouldn't get a game under a sensible coach
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1930 on: August 17, 2019, 06:44:27 PM »
Out of pity...grew up in poverty ... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1931 on: August 17, 2019, 06:47:25 PM »
:shh :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1932 on: August 17, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »
We could always package up the compo pick... :shh
Possibly if any of the northern clubs need certain draft points for their academy kids that are ranked as first rounders?

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1933 on: August 18, 2019, 06:39:10 PM »
I thought he stood up today

Some moments today he went when he was supposed to go

Very good game
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1934 on: August 18, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »
We got good BEllis today

Make that very good BEllis, I gave him votes, thought he was terrific
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)