Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 293727 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]
« Reply #2190 on: January 25, 2020, 12:29:32 PM »

Club got it wrong continuing to play him imo.

I'm not an Ellis fan, but we didn't lose a game from the middle of the year, don't think it was that wrong.
we would not have lost a game if Ellis played in none of them.

How good would it have been to get games and finals exposure into a younger player rather than gifting it to a player we knew was going half way thru the yr. In this i think we got it wrong.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 01:45:08 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2191 on: January 25, 2020, 12:35:11 PM »
Only glass half-full supporters celebrate premierships.. :shh
Interesting concept is that where you have people who follow  football  who support a club as opposed to those who solely support a club and are rabid dumb ferals about it.

The latter would certainly apply to some on here  ;)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2192 on: January 25, 2020, 03:04:35 PM »
Gotcha- only dumb ferals who just follow their clubs enjoy winning flags whilst "real football followers" like you to which the club is apparently only a side interest(or irritant as the case seems to be.)and incidental to the game itself don't concern themselves with such trivialities. Glad you finally cleared it up for us and we can all at last understand where you're really coming from. :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2193 on: January 25, 2020, 10:05:16 PM »
Gotcha- only dumb ferals who just follow their clubs enjoy winning flags whilst "real football followers" like you to which the club is apparently only a side interest(or irritant as the case seems to be.)and incidental to the game itself don't concern themselves with such trivialities. Glad you finally cleared it up for us and we can all at last understand where you're really coming from. :shh

сqoerg

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2194 on: January 25, 2020, 10:49:51 PM »
Only glass half-full supporters celebrate premierships.. :shh
Interesting concept is that where you have people who follow  football  who support a club as opposed to those who solely support a club and are rabid dumb ferals about it.

The latter would certainly apply to some on here  ;)

When you win 2 of the last 3 flags, you are actually the last supporter that can be accused of being dumb and feral for supporting it.
Quite the opposite
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2195 on: January 28, 2020, 03:26:43 PM »

Close but no cigar.

Theres the dumb ferals whose only joy in life is their club, ferals who have no objectivity, common sense, or other life away from the rfc.You dont dare say anything bad about their club. Its freakin pathetic as well as quite sad, but hey each to his own  you obviously need something in your life..

Then theres those who follow their clubs but its not the end of the world or the be all end all and have a life outside of the club.
You know those supporters who show just a tad of common sense,have  a little objectivity where its not the end of the world to lose a game  who cope with a differing point of view on the players and club.
It seems its these types  who have your types slashing their wrists in angst and carrying on like petulant little kids because the big bad man disagrees lol.
Talk about a pack of nuff nuffs.
Does that clear it up for you

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2196 on: January 29, 2020, 02:41:07 PM »
Is there no middle ground between the nuff nuffs and the hardcore realists who complain about premierships?

You know, people who maybe love the club but don't particularly agree with every selection yet are still happy to see the club succeed?

:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2197 on: January 29, 2020, 05:38:34 PM »
The dogmatic always project... :shh :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2198 on: January 29, 2020, 07:05:21 PM »
Is there no middle ground between the nuff nuffs and the hardcore realists who complain about premierships?

You know, people who maybe love the club but don't particularly agree with every selection yet are still happy to see the club succeed?

:shh

I have to agree with the last bit. What  i cant work out is why do you feel the need to go on a point scoring exercise when all thats been voiced is a very plausible reason why we got it wrong regarding Ellis.

Oh i see it because you always back Ellis in to the hilt. your all upset when i say we got it wrong by playing Ellis after telling him half way thru the yr his services were no longer required because that paints you in a bad light.

LOL I havent seen anyone complain about premierships or are not happy to see the club succeed. Your imagination does run wild at times.

I have seen plenty slash their wrists over others suggesting we can be better and we do get somethings wrong.

If i was you id try a different analogy i know you can do better as hard as it must seem to you.

By the way when posters continually resort to childish emoticons they lose all credability people ask how freakin old are they.How old are you son.

If you boys are going to act like nuff nuffs and go on nothing but point scoring side shows then grow up and expect to cop just a little bit of the same back.

The dogmatic always project... :shh :shh

Im not surprised you know the word, sums you up doesnt it.  Doesnt mention other more apt descriptions though.

Now im out of here for awhile, while gone  give it your best shot, we all know you will be here nothing else to do eh.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2199 on: January 29, 2020, 09:53:08 PM »
Have fun over at Big Footy flopsy.....:shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ahead of his 200th game, Brandon Ellis reveals why he left the Tigers and his main hesitation in moving to Gold Coast.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/608141/leaving-richmond-brandon-ellis-explains-one-very-big-decision