Author Topic: NAB Cup Round 2 - Tigers vs Freo  (Read 24306 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: NAB Cup Round 2 - Tigers vs Freo
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2012, 10:51:04 PM »
who's piva ?????????????

10 FLAGS

« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2012, 10:52:28 PM »
On a positive note Ellis is a very nice player indeed and should play r1. I also like the look of Elton. Addam Maric needs to play r1 and big Maric in the ruck is competitive. Morris shows potential although needs to work on his kicking.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
Connors went ok from what I heard on the radio.  Mini Maric and Derickx seemed to have gone alright along with sheddy

Cool, cheers Owl.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

10 FLAGS

« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2012, 10:54:40 PM »
who's piva ?????????????

someone who seems at least 3 years away from being a league footballer at this stage.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2012, 10:55:51 PM »
Must add tigers need to play as close to their round 1 side -v- Geelong next week - super important IMHO

Fortunately Deledio will be back  :thumbsup

what for, with the season nearly a month away that a strange tactic :huh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »
McGuane gawn.
Webberley shocking disposal.
Dea sadly won't make it.
Connors kicked a goal but will have to win the Brownlow to stay on the list.

Love Ellis, Morris Post has been good too.
Batch was disappointing tonight. Disposal was terrible. If you can kick it 60 metres and penetrate deep into the fwd line why kick it 20 and cause turnovers.  :-\

Kids hung in there and in the end overrun by silly errors, the travel the heat and the much stronger Freo side. Pretty much my assumption.

Not too disappointed. Play our round 1 side against Geelong and take it from there.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:44 PM »
On a positive note Ellis is a very nice player indeed and should play r1. I also like the look of Elton. Addam Maric needs to play r1 and big Maric in the ruck is competitive. Morris shows potential although needs to work on his kicking.

Agree, Ellis looks sensational.

Elton is raw as a vegetable but has enormous potential.

Morris looks to be similar to Rance, as long as we rebound with our ball users Morris will be very effective. Great attitude.

Mini Maric should be elevated and play round 1 agree, miles ahead of a Connors even White IMO.

Ivan is a gun, was so refreshing to see a Tiger ruck win the majority of ruck and pack contests. Derickx was handy too.

Edwards I actually thought played quite well as did Tuck.

Think we're blooding some kids far too early, it is the NAB cup but some of the rookies were very far out at sea tonight. Don't know what people see in Matty Dea, don't think I've seen him do anything really well yet, hope to see it soon.

Good signs, tonight had a stack out and the pressure we put Freo under at times was superb.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2012, 11:00:24 PM »
Must add tigers need to play as close to their round 1 side -v- Geelong next week - super important IMHO

Fortunately Deledio will be back  :thumbsup

what for, with the season nearly a month away that a strange tactic :huh

Got to play at least a quarter or a half against Geelong if fit just to get some match conditioning. We aren't making the NAB cup GF so play the side get some match time in for our Round 1 side against a side whose campaign is still alive and learn from the reigning premiers.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2012, 11:00:41 PM »
Not sure what to take out of that game. It really ebbed and flowed right until the last five minutes when they kicked away.
Anyway, Ellis really impressed me. He looks good to go round 1. I like the boy allot.
Morris goes hard but his kicking is very poor. I would let him fix that up in the vfl before playing him to be honest. Could get badly exposed round 1.
Thought Bachelor was absolutely shocking. Poor decisions and poor delivery. But i forgive him because i like him and this is not his usual output.
Webberly was equally as poor. A bit of a worry that one.
Liked the games of both Marics. They will both be very handy pick-ups. The mullet is definitely an upgrade on the shemale.
Baring Ellis most of our rookies looked way out of their depth, but this isnt surprising and they will be better for the run.
We gave away far too many stupid free kicks around the contest. I really hope Dimma highlights it and stamps it out before the main dance.
All in all not a bad game. Tough for us to fly over and play in the heat too.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2012, 11:03:43 PM »
I have posted many times.Matt Dea won't make it.
Round 1.must play Ellis and the Marics' .Ivan and Addam
Post plays before McGaune
Couldn't possibly play Matt White or Webberley

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2012, 11:07:03 PM »
I have posted many times.Matt Dea won't make it.
Round 1.must play Ellis and the Marics' .Ivan and Addam
Post plays before McGaune
Couldn't possibly play Matt White or Webberley

Agree.

Would think Mini Maric would be a great sub.
Go Tigers!

dwaino

« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »
Got run over in the end but pretty stoked how we went rolling with 11 first years. I'll feel a bit better having a couple in the side when we go through injury patches.

Positives:
-Jack's back. Running good, took a great mark in the first quarter and played team footy up around half forward. Great hands.
-Derickx's body. Turned the ball over a bit but saw him several times muscle his opponent completely out of the ruck contest. Ripper kick for goal.
-Ellis. Clean, fast, smart. Got a player here folks  :shh
-Elton's guts. After Nob 1 he's still busting into over head contests. The attempt when Derickx got the free and a goal was a ripper. Good kick for goal too.
-Mini Maric. Speed, monster kick and clean.
-Miller. Really mobile and a very, very valuable 3rd tall up forward.
-Morris' aggression. Really needs to work on that disposal, but he is quick and doesn't care about smashing into people and puts his body on the line. Some good run downs and tackles too.
I also thought Connors didn't do too shabby for a first game in so long. Killer tackle on Spurr in the last quarter. Our spoiling was pretty good and defensive pressure is certainly an improvement on last year. Big Maric is a very welcome addition. Like everyone, did a few silly things, but actually takes over head marks and puts the heat on the opposition. Thought his clean take and bomb from the ruck in the second quarter was cool. Edwards is a massive improvement on last year. I also liked how we put together a few good linking plays involving nothing but first years and rookies in the final quarter. They'll slip in seamlessly with the main team should they find themselves in the side during the season.

Negatives:
-Dea. Not sure what the wrap on him from the coaches is. I've found my whipping boy for the year. Can't read the play, can't stop an opponent and can't dispose reliably.
-Webberly. The want looks like it is there. But if it doesn't work, it just doesn't work. Seemed like things went his way in Nob 1, but turned over the footy at way too many crucial points tonight.
-When the heat is on it looks like some of our plans fall apart. I'll excuse this on the all the snot noses on the field, but sometimes when we had possession behind a mark and trying to move into our forward half we were rushing it instead of letting numbers get in front. Other times it wasn't clear if we were meant to be going through the middle or long and wide, seemed like local footy just kicking to contests or anyone with 2m on their opponent.

I'll leave it at that for now. I don't want the negatives to outweigh the positives :D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2012, 11:09:07 PM »
Agreed mini Maric has great pace and good disposal.
Will be handy in Round 1 coming on as a sub.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #238 on: March 04, 2012, 11:11:38 PM »
Dea won't be the new whipping boy, why?
He won't get a game

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #239 on: March 04, 2012, 11:12:32 PM »
Agreed mini Maric has great pace and good disposal.
Will be handy in Round 1 coming on as a sub.

whoa, whats with the sub business i wanna see him have a crack for 4Q :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled