Author Topic: NAB Cup Round 2 - Tigers vs Freo  (Read 23851 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: NAB Cup Round 2 - Tigers vs Freo
« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »
According to RFCO, Hardwick praised Ellis, Helbig and Batch after the game tonight.
Helbig did indeed do some nice things.

dwaino

« Reply #271 on: March 05, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »
The more I rest on last night the more confident I am. There was a ripper link in the last quarter. It started with either Morris or Arnot winning a ball off the ground in the back 50, hands off to Ellis who accelerated out a lobbed a tidy one to mini-Maric who left his opponent in dust, then finished with a dead eye monster boot to a free Elton in the forward 50. All new guys making a stand. If Jack, Miller or Vickory go down for whatever reason, I'm a little more confident with Elton taking the post. He still has some way to go but he's already showing what you want from a first year KPF.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »
I was like a lot of others in thinking that Batchelor's game was very average so maybe he was playing to instructions but stuffed if I could see what they were.

And I'm warming to Elton quickly.

gerkin greg

« Reply #273 on: March 05, 2012, 05:48:28 PM »
LMAO 3 or 4 contested marks. Took 2 marks for the game and had 6 touches, 4 of which went to Fremantle :lol

i enjoy the way he blocks for his midfielders so they can win clearances rather than just stand there and watch after the ruck contest

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #274 on: March 05, 2012, 05:50:19 PM »
wow. It really goes to show how differently we interpret games, because i thought Batch was truly woeful last night, and im generally a fan of his.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: March 05, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »

6 touches, 2 marks (one was very good) and a couple of bad turnovers. Yes his effort is good (that's why we traded for him) but he was nothing special.

I think the most significant difference between Maric and Graham/Browne was shown in a comment made by Hardwick post-game:

“I thought he was very, very good in the first half.  We were up clearances quite comfortably in the first half,”

We ranked 12th in the league for clearances last season and that, along with a lack of defensive pressure, were the 2 things that the footy dept identified as key problems we needed to work on over summer, so if he is able to impact our season like that then we will be a lot more competitive in a lot more games.

And I didn't think Derrickx showed very much at all when he came on.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #276 on: March 05, 2012, 06:22:15 PM »
LMAO 3 or 4 contested marks. Took 2 marks for the game and had 6 touches, 4 of which went to Fremantle :lol

i enjoy the way he blocks for his midfielders so they can win clearances rather than just stand there and watch after the ruck contest

Andrew BrownE does that :lol

6 touches, 2 marks (one was very good) and a couple of bad turnovers. Yes his effort is good (that's why we traded for him) but he was nothing special.

I think the most significant difference between Maric and Graham/Browne was shown in a comment made by Hardwick post-game:

“I thought he was very, very good in the first half.  We were up clearances quite comfortably in the first half,”

We ranked 12th in the league for clearances last season and that, along with a lack of defensive pressure, were the 2 things that the footy dept identified as key problems we needed to work on over summer, so if he is able to impact our season like that then we will be a lot more competitive in a lot more games.

And I didn't think Derrickx showed very much at all when he came on.

There's no doubt Maric is an improvement on last year. It's just the talk about Maric being some kind of wizard that gets on my saggy t!ts. He's nothing special. Just a battler who gives 100% and has better marking ability than Angus Graham.

Derickx gave away plenty of frees when he was out there. Took one or two nice grabs though

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #277 on: March 05, 2012, 06:28:22 PM »

There's no doubt Maric is an improvement on last year. It's just the talk about Maric being some kind of wizard that gets on my saggy t!ts. He's nothing special. Just a battler who gives 100% and has better marking ability than Angus Graham.

I think we were all just excited that we were just getting someone to the club that could actually Ruck!

dwaino

« Reply #278 on: March 05, 2012, 06:29:22 PM »
wow. It really goes to show how differently we interpret games, because i thought Batch was truly woeful last night, and im generally a fan of his.

No worries Willy. I'm a massive fan of his too. So much in fact that I'm seriously considering sponsoring Batchy in 2013. But I thought he had really good presence last night. His disposal was poop but it looked like he was playing a completely different role. I highly doubt he'll be spending so much time so far up the ground with the responsibility of setting up plays when our usual midfield is in place. Like smokey suggested, good chance he was playing to instructions. He is usually one of our most solid and reliable users.

:thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #279 on: March 05, 2012, 06:30:55 PM »

I enjoy his work too  :-*

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #280 on: March 05, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »

as do I. I was his advocate for 2 years remember.

gerkin greg

« Reply #281 on: March 05, 2012, 06:36:03 PM »

as do I. I was his advocate for 2 years remember.

I remember

Your quoting has improved in the space of no time whoa lookout :shh

Browne still has $2 notes in his wallet it takes him so long to do anything

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #282 on: March 05, 2012, 06:49:27 PM »
He has just completed his 2010 pre-season  :gotigers

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #283 on: March 05, 2012, 09:02:35 PM »
 :sleep

Just got the typical whack from Sheahan and Roos for our skill errors last night.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

dwaino

« Reply #284 on: March 05, 2012, 09:11:03 PM »
:sleep

Just got the typical whack from Sheahan and Roos for our skill errors last night.

Yeah, we ONLY had Deledio, Cotchin and Foley out. No excuses  :shh