Author Topic: Qld politics [split from the membership thread]  (Read 7162 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Qld politics [split from the membership thread]
« on: March 23, 2012, 10:16:18 PM »
With the amount of wealth in the ground in WA Perth should end up growing faster than all capital cities. If the state govt is smart they will have sufficient taxes in place to facilitate infrastructure projects (physical and social). 

QLD does it well, Melb and Syd dont.

We are under 24 hours from kicking out the most inept government I have seen in my 35+ voting years and that is really saying something!  Qld is as close to bankrupt as you would want your government to get.  Sufficient taxes???  F me - there is not enough taxation capacity left in this state to pull us from the mire that 20 years of crony-ism has left us with!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:01:21 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Qld politics [splits from the membership thread]
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:20:14 PM »
Bring on Katter :rollin

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »
With the amount of wealth in the ground in WA Perth should end up growing faster than all capital cities. If the state govt is smart they will have sufficient taxes in place to facilitate infrastructure projects (physical and social). 

We are under 24 hours from kicking out the most inept government I have seen in my 35+ voting years and that is really saying something!  Qld is as close to bankrupt as you would want your government to get.  Sufficient taxes???  F me - there is not enough taxation capacity left in this state to pull us from the mire that 20 years of crony-ism has left us with!
Yeah sorry not buying this, Queensland is currently enjoying a boom, I don't know what information your being fed or what the agenda is here but it is incorrect.  The disasters that have hit Queensland have been a serious challenge but I am befuddled by your comments.
http://afr.com/p/opinion/queensland_boom_must_be_managed_68zsVqWEM3vMj7kVLMxmyL
You vote these LNP mugs in, and you will have no-one but yourselves to blame for what happens, the article is pro LNP.  My point is that QLD is not in financial trouble.  In fact if you check here
http://www.oesr.qld.gov.au/products/publications/qld-state-accounts/index.php
and have a look at the chart which shows QLD's economic growth, it far outstrips the rest of Australias over the past 10 years only slowing in the last few years, in which we have had some pretty serious natural disasters which even the most deluded right wing or left wing nutters couldn't blame on each other.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 10:17:49 AM »
In general, just because there is an economic boom doesn't mean the taxes rolling in aren't being eroded by crappy policies and incompetent overspending. 
The fact Anna Bligh and co. have been on the nose in Queensland for ages, save a week or two during the floods where her humanitarian strengths were played perfectly says enough to me about her performance.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »
Anyhoot, perhaps leave the politics to the politics thread boys and we can all leave this thread to marvel at our growing membership total  :thumbsup

Back on topic pls

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »

Yeah sorry not buying this, Queensland is currently enjoying a boom, I don't know what information your being fed or what the agenda is here but it is incorrect.  The disasters that have hit Queensland have been a serious challenge but I am befuddled by your comments.

Watch and see what a very large majority of voters think of our current government tonight Owl.  And if you came up and lived and worked in Queensland for a period then you would understand why I think the way I do about this current lot.  Boom?  Try telling that to the voters today.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 04:16:20 PM »
This is a RFC membership thread not how Labor has stuffed up Australia thread - everyone knows about that already  ;D

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »

You vote these LNP mugs in, and you will have no-one but yourselves to blame for what happens, the article is pro LNP.  My point is that QLD is not in financial trouble.  In fact if you check here
and have a look at the chart which shows QLD's economic growth, it far outstrips the rest of Australias over the past 10 years only slowing in the last few years, in which we have had some pretty serious natural disasters which even the most deluded right wing or left wing nutters couldn't blame on each other.

sorry owl

but that is absolute crap, if you take out mining and road building, qld is rooted and has been for 3 years. Everybody is struggling big time

The economy is really really bad and having owned a business up there for the last 10 years I have to agree with smoking, the sooner we get these bunnies out the better.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Qld politics [split from the membership thread]
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
I think it's interesting how the ALP are developing a habit of installing a female leader when things aren't going to well for them.

Joan Kirner Victoria
the attractive one (forgot her name) NSW
Carmen Lawrence WA
Anna Bligh QLD
Julia Gillard federal government.

I don't think the experiment has ever improved the popularity of the ALP though. 

The club that keeps giving.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »
Best that 1965 doesn't watch tonight as his beloved labor party looks set to get it annihilated like in NSW.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »
I think it's interesting how the ALP are developing a habit of installing a female leader when things aren't going to well for them.

Joan Kirner Victoria
Carmen Lawrence WA
Anna Bligh QLD
Julia Gillard federal government.

I don't think the experiment has ever improved the popularity of the ALP though. 

:lol
good pick up. perhaps they were all just sacrifices. ?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »

Slamming a lookalike in the communal bin room of a hotel is highly recommended

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »
I think you boys are referring to Kristina Kenneally. :thumbsup

The lady with the Yankee Doodle Dandy accent.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 09:33:51 PM »

sorry owl

but that is absolute crap, if you take out mining and road building, qld is rooted and has been for 3 years. Everybody is struggling big time

The economy is really really bad and having owned a business up there for the last 10 years I have to agree with smoking, the sooner we get these bunnies out the better.
Well I always say, don't let the facts I linked get in the way of your opinion and feel free to ignore any of the explanations that rationally illuminate some of the issues that have befallen Qld over the past 3 years because an irrational reactionary hatred of the labor is much more balanced approach.  I ran a business from 1999 til a few years ago, I don't blame the govt. for any of my business failings, they are my own and so are yours.  I was posted in QLD for years and having family and friends up there running multiple small business, I will say that the work ethic and attitude up there is a little off the pace compared to what we are used to down south.  The people I know took over several business that were run into the ground by lazy owners.  All of them turned the businesses from rubbish to profitable very quickly with some hard work. 

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 10:00:02 PM »
If labor doesn't retain at least 10 seats they lose party status, they only have 5 atm.  You have created a stuffing nightmare for yourselves, there will be no checks and balances, it will be open slather, Joe Bo will look like a saint.  Qld will be reduced to woodchips and slag heaps, something for the grandkids to look forward to.