Author Topic: Qld politics [split from the membership thread]  (Read 8089 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Qld politics [split from the membership thread]
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »
I think you boys are referring to Kristina Kenneally. :thumbsup

The lady with the Yankee Doodle Dandy accent.

She's from Canada actually

Mr Tigra interesting take on things and I would actually agree if Lawrence & Bligh hadn't actually won elections.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 04:49:05 PM »

I wonder what lesson Julia will take from this?

A good reason never to get rid of the senate for starters.

And maybe think twice about attacking Mr Rabbitt too hard?

Interesting times, will watch Queensland with interest.

:thumbsup
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

gerkin greg

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 05:32:19 PM »

No she's not. You're dead wrong. Tucker is spot on. She's from Nevada. USA.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 06:23:36 PM »

Nevada/Canada/Venus - who gives a poot where she's from. Nice piece of fluff and that's all that matters.

Gigantor

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 06:48:57 PM »
The only thing I have learned from this election is that clive palmer is out there...utterly and completely..lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »
The only thing I have learned from this election is that clive palmer is out there...utterly and completely..lol

Ain't that the truth!  Makes you wonder how people like that end up as wealthy and successful as they do.   :huh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 06:55:50 PM »

Sorry thought I read an article that said she was from Canada

Whatever  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »
i think in my league ladder of public figure fruit loops ,he is now up there alongside Donald"there are known knowns and unknown knowns "Rumsfeld

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »

Ain't that the truth!  Makes you wonder how people like that end up as wealthy and successful as they do.   :huh

Usually by screwing people for their money and being tightarses once they get it

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 09:49:01 PM »
you don't have a senate in QLD do you?
Just to be pedantic the upper house in a state parliament is called the Legislative Council.

I agree with everything else you said al about a common problem for governments of all persuasions who have been in power for a long time. Also Queensland has always been different to other states. It's only changed government something like about 6 times in 100 years yet when there is finally a change it ends up being a massive swing. When a Qld government is on the outer it's annihlated at the ballot box. The National Party had a 15% swing against it in 1989 after it was in power for a couple of decades and this result on Saturday is the complete opposite of 2001 in terms of first preference votes. The swings (excuse the pun) and roundabouts of Aussie politics.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 10:24:07 PM »

Well I always say, don't let the facts I linked get in the way of your opinion and feel free to ignore any of the explanations that rationally illuminate some of the issues that have befallen Qld over the past 3 years because an irrational reactionary hatred of the labor is much more balanced approach.  I ran a business from 1999 til a few years ago, I don't blame the govt. for any of my business failings, they are my own and so are yours.  I was posted in QLD for years and having family and friends up there running multiple small business, I will say that the work ethic and attitude up there is a little off the pace compared to what we are used to down south.  The people I know took over several business that were run into the ground by lazy owners.  All of them turned the businesses from rubbish to profitable very quickly with some hard work.

The issues in this state go back a lot longer than 3 years Owl and the fact you think that, only highlights your ignorance to what has been happening up here.  A former speaker from the local Labor government admitted as much in an interview tonight.  I also failed in business up here and don't blame the government for my failing however to say the local work ethic and attitude is "a little off the pace compared to what we are used to down south" is arrogant, ignorant and inaccurate in the extreme.  Coming from someone with such a strong link and interest in a disenfranchised minority this comment is gobsmacking in it's attitude.  I honestly thought a lot more of your opinions before reading this post.  "Don't let the facts I linked get in the way of your opinion"?  Wow, it must be exalting and breathtaking to sit so far above the common masses who have just voted out this government in a way not seen before in Australian politics.  How does it feel to be one of the few righteous ones - those whose opinions are above the 'uneducated'? I will sleep much better tonight knowing that you're so right and the huge majority of the rest of us are so wrong.
I can understand you feel insulted but the lifestyle up there is pretty laid back compared to a lot of other places and it reflects in the way people work, it may not go down well but that is my experience and I stand by it, I am not saying it is you or everyone and it varies from place to place.  As far as voting out the govt, you have left yourselves without any opposition which means you cut your noses off to spite your face.  Clive 'I pay no taxes' Palmer was sweating with excitement and gloating on television while his buddy was crapping on about how gracious and humble they were going to be.  The irony would be delicious except that I am personally stunned to see such blatant stuffing stupidity, to hand total power to one party, particularly one who notoriously looks after its billionaire buddies and the environment will be sacrificed, only the greedy think this is great stuff.  Everybody has this idea that somehow they have the interests of the average punter in mind.  To those, I invite you to Victoria under Liberals... As for the masses having spoken so they must be right, when they stormed the Bastille in indignant fury to free the 'tortured prisoners', they slaughtered all the guards and found the cells....empty.  Mobs burn stuff down all the time.  This is just riot voting as far as I concerned.  Everyone has just gone all out to wreak destruction and the nutty thing is that they thing they have destroyed is what is meant to look after their best interests which is a govt. balanced by an opposition, you don't just go all out and create a dictatorship with no checks and balances, this is just crazy, only in QLD though heh?  Obviously the born to rule are all stoked, now they really can rule.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 10:31:41 PM »
Did I mention you are all lazy bastards up there?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »
it's similar up here MT.

for the first 20 years or so of self government the CLP was in power. they became arrogant and cronyism ran riot.

As the deomgraphics of the territory changed, the ALP won government and the CLP were sent to the wildness.

Three terms later and and wheel has turned a complete circle. The CLP will probably win the next election, in spite of of their ineptness.

The curious thing is that we don't have an upper house either.

I dont how it could possibly affect things, but it does make you wonder if it somehow creates a boom or bust in terms of the governing party.

also, up here the government itself is called the legislative council.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »

Sorry thought I read an article that said she was from Canada

Whatever  ;D

You were wrong.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:54 AM »

Been thinking about this result and maybe Julia has got to go.

The Labor party need a fresh new face, but who?

Certainly not the Kruddy one.

Maybe Bill Shorten, intelligent, good parlimentary preformer and a favourite with the Labor heartland.

But not a coup, Julia needs to resign.

Interesting times.
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....