Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 3  (Read 27264 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 3
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2012, 11:48:42 PM »
Played plenty of footy mate. Didn't need a 23 year old to tell me my place in the zone because the zone gets drilled into you during pre-season. Everyone knows they're spot.

Leadership my stuffing ass, get a clue. Am guessing you played very little football if you think Riewoldt is a great leader. He's a stuffing sook. Being in the leadership group doesn't mean you're a leader. Pointing at people and telling them where to go (when they're already well aware of where they need to be) is not leadership. Putting your head over the footy contest after contest and winning football games by putting the team on your back is leadership.

Played plenty of different team sports to understand leadership buddy.
Show me where I said his a great leader? I'd rather a player yell get in the zone than stand there silently.

Oohhh "buddy"  :bow I like it. That's almost as good as "champ' and "chief".  :bow
You reckon Riewoldt would dare raise his voice and tell Richardson where to stand?? No. The players know their role. If someone is out of position and someone notices then sure, yell as loud as you can and tell them  (or someone else) to go to that spot. I just don't think Riewoldt pointing fingers after yet another shanked kick is what "leadership" is. I was certainly never inspired by a player that told everyone else what to do. I liked teammates that stood up when the going got tough and just went hard all day. Chimp would be a delight to play with. I'm not that big on blokes who crack the poos when things don't go their way...At least Richo kept working his ass off even when he got peeed.

Just trying to keep the argument civil because it seems you're getting a little worked up ;)
By what Dimma says, players are still not familiar with their roles in the structure so anyone having a bit of talk does no harm. I guess your seeing it as abuse?

Not seeing it as abuse at all. I originally said my favourite JR moments are when he misses a shot and right away starts pointing fingers at everyone and telling them where to go when they're already on their way to that spot :lol You then told me "that's leadership, buddy". What was your other comment, buddy? I'm probably not familiar with playing sport if I didn't think it was leadership? I've already talked about what I consider to be leadership. Mitch Farmer apparently knew all the structures better than anyone, doesn't mean he was a leader.

How's the arthritis btw?

Im saying talking to your team mates is a leadership trait, being silent and sooking about a miss is not. Can't talk about Mitch Famer because I never took notice if he talked or not, so that is irrelevant

Don't know what you mean by arthritis, but I'm sure it's meant to be a sarcastic joke.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2012, 12:15:53 AM »
No, it was a serious question. Anyway, we've made something out of nothing so let's leave it at that.

Kind regards,
The Coach

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2012, 12:25:53 AM »
No, it was a serious question. Anyway, we've made something out of nothing so let's leave it at that.

Kind regards,
The Coach

dont have arthritis 'buddy' ;)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2012, 12:26:48 AM »

Kind regards,
The Coach

Swear you posted once that you did? You the tennis player, champ?

Might be mixed up with some other lad.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »

Kind regards,
The Coach

Swear you posted once that you did? You the tennis player, champ?

Might be mixed up with some other lad.

Definitely another lad

gerkin greg

« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2012, 12:35:33 AM »
I think you've crushed the coach's feelings

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
This. The Coach does not like to be rejected and in this instance is not a happy camper