Author Topic: "We are past noble losses, it's a game we should have won" - Hardwick  (Read 12943 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: "We are past noble losses, it's a game we should have won" - Hardwick
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
So is this club finally going to get angry and draw a line in the sand?

Let's see...

it must be this week TM as IMO we have to beat the Eagles. After 30 years im sick of honorable losses. Games are there to win and we couldve won this one very easy.

Port in Adelaide is going to be a very difficult game to win.

We could lose both and our season pretty much over

Followed by Sydney, Essendon, Hawthorn, St Kilda.

We could easily be 1-9 after 10.

Hardwick's extension will look great then.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »
Dimma.your to blame , you keep playing Jackson and Vickery you get the result you got.

Vickery has been terrible all year but an awful day for forwards today Jack.

Pods and Tomahawk were ordinary for Geelong also.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »
I think some of you may want to read the thread title and who said it, ffs, even the coach has had enough of these losses but some of you seem to continually accept it and probably will for years to come.

We could be 4-0 had we of played the way we are capable of playing.
No one is saying we accept it WAT. What we are saying, or to the point not saying, is that everything is doom and gloom.
We won't make finals.... did we realistically think we would?
We lost to the Cats by 10 points, previously is would have been ten goals.
Today was a game that got away, we should have won. Our skills under pressure let us down. We had a few passengers. But did we roll over? Did we fight it out? There are positives to take from this and there is never any point in going feral on here, it will never change the result and it will never change future results.

I am not saying it's all doom and gloom and yes I did think we could of won, you nailed it though and this is what's frustrating, our skills and the couple of passengers is why we are 1-3..

Just like the Coach, getting sick of the "honorable losses" when really they should be wins, nothing feral in my comments. Unless we play the way we played against the Cats in the NAB we won't improve.

Why can't we play like that weekly, what are the excuses, there are none...my opinion that's all.

here here WAT.  :thumbsup

When some of us replicate what Dimma said in his own words we get shut down as being negative well ive got news for you
Richo12. Did i and others realistically think we could make finals you asked. ABSOLUTELY!! Why not???

we can match it with any side outside the top 5 at the minute, thats why we should be aiming for finals.

Lets be serious if Nought and Bummers are playing finals then we can play finals

We are 1/4 because of the select few who are not playing team football. Thats all.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »
I think some of you may want to read the thread title and who said it, ffs, even the coach has had enough of these losses but some of you seem to continually accept it and probably will for years to come.

No one is saying we accept it WAT. What we are saying, or to the point not saying, is that everything is doom and gloom.
Today was a game that got away, we should have won. Our skills under pressure let us down. We had a few passengers. But did we roll over? Did we fight it out? There are positives to take from this and there is never any point in going feral on here, it will never change the result and it will never change future results.

I am not saying it's all doom and gloom and yes I did think we could of won, you nailed it though and this is what's frustrating, our skills and the couple of passengers is why we are 1-3..

Just like the Coach, getting sick of the "honorable losses" when really they should be wins, nothing feral in my comments. Unless we play the way we played against the Cats in the NAB we won't improve.

Why can't we play like that weekly, what are the excuses, there are none...my opinion that's all.

here here WAT.  :thumbsup

When some of us replicate what Dimma said in his own words we get shut down as being negative well ive got news for you
Richo12. Did i and others realistically think we could make finals you asked. ABSOLUTELY!! Why not???

we can match it with any side outside the top 5 at the minute, thats why we should be aiming for finals.

Lets be serious if Nought and Bummers are playing finals then we can play finals then so can we.

We are 1/4 because of the select few who are not playing team football. Thats all.

Dead right...

We are apparently bad negative supporters because we expect the team and players to play they way they can and should weekly......

Go figure :huh
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2012, 09:02:58 PM »
Boys I am gutted.

Going there is like going to my dads village in Greece and watching AFL. Sub standard venue.

I thought our work rate was excellent bar the second quarter. Again one quarter of footy letting us down.

The kids went in hard and I thought we outdid them in clearances.

Unfortunantely our skills with pi$$y little kicks and dinky little handballs murdered us.

Also I find that the umps really gave the cats a few cheapies throughout the game when we were getting jack poo in return.

This was clearly a game we could have won. I was fuming driving back from gypsy village now I am just frustrated knowing that with more skill and poise we may have beaten both of last years GF teams.

Mark my words both the scums and the pussies are a shadow of the teams they were last year. Bottom 8 at best.

Next week presents a huge challenge in beating a top 4 possibly top 2 team.
I hope that if we go 1-4 after another honorable loss we don't play soft against Port.

Frustrated but I believe that breakthrough win will come and the psyche of the club will change. :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
Boys I am gutted.

Going there is like going to my dads village in Greece and watching AFL. Sub standard venue.

I thought our work rate was excellent bar the second quarter. Again one quarter of footy letting us down.

The kids went in hard and I thought we outdid them in clearances.

Unfortunantely our skills with pi$$y little kicks and dinky little handballs murdered us.

Also I find that the umps really gave the cats a few cheapies throughout the game when we were getting jack poo in return.

This was clearly a game we could have won. I was fuming driving back from gypsy village now I am just frustrated knowing that with more skill and poise we may have beaten both of last years GF teams.

Mark my words both the scums and the pussies are a shadow of the teams they were last year. Bottom 8 at best.

Next week presents a huge challenge in beating a top 4 possibly top 2 team.
I hope that if we go 1-4 after another honorable loss we don't play soft against Port.

Frustrated but I believe that breakthrough win will come and the psyche of the club will change. :thumbsup

Now that's pretty well on the money TB.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2012, 09:07:32 PM »

First, i am not saying you are going feral or painting a doom and gloom picture. I am saying that i won't do it and hopefully never will. It's just that any absence of feralism or over pessimistic views does not neccesarily mean i accept it.
Secondly, i agree with you. Why can't we play like that every week? I think soon we will.
Thirdly, i hate honourable losses. You will never console me with an honourable if we ever make a gf. But honourable losses are better than absolute floggings when the team does not appear to be committed.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2012, 09:09:06 PM »

Let's see...

it must be this week TM as IMO we have to beat the Eagles. After 30 years im sick of honorable losses. Games are there to win and we couldve won this one very easy.

Followed by Sydney, Essendon, Hawthorn, St Kilda.

We could easily be 1-9 after 10.

Hardwick's extension will look great then.

Thats the spirit.
Go Tigers!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »

Let's see...

how could you be sick of honourable losses? we havn't had that many.
plenty of dishonourable losses, but not many honourable ones.

sometimes i wonder if people appreciate just how crap we were just three years ago.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »
i dont think you appreciate how crap the Eagles, Bombers were a few years ago either or did you forgot that.

We are not talking about 2005/2009 we are talking about this year and that was an honourable loss much like the Pies game.

We could've won both if it werent certain players not stepping up and Pies playing 5 minutes of good football.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »

Let's see...

sometimes i wonder if people appreciate just how crap we were just three years ago.

True al, but I think he means sick of the mindset that we have been so poo for so long that we are usually happy to Get within 20 points of these top sides. I know that's how I feel, I don't want to be happy with that anymore, stuff me I want to start going to the footy expecting to win again. The last 8 years have well and truly ripped the spirit out of our supporters. I'm glad to hear the coach and batchelor echo these thoughts, players looked deadset peeed and devastated

dwaino

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2012, 10:57:59 PM »

Let's see...

Last year we and Dimma wanted to close the gap on the top sides (i.e teams that usually thrash us) and put away sides we're meant to. So far we're on schedule.

Still, reckon we should have won today. Some stupid decisions and skill errors cost us. I just watched the presser and Batchy's interview. I'm glad no one said this loss was honourable or acceptable. We, and most of the comp, are going to lose to these sides anyway. The true measurement will come when we face Norf, Bums and Cows. String some games back together like we in patches last year and not drop the stupid ones like the Dogs, and the season is still alive. The only excuse I'll make is if we finish 9th or 10th and we're only a game behind Norf or Cows who do make the 8 and that's that they were gifted a finals spot (provided we actually beat GCS and GWS this year  :lol). But if we're really top 8 material then we'll win more of our 50/50 games and it would be so sweet to keep those two precious sides out of the 8 by winning more games against real sides than them. With Norf's win against Geelong though we'll really need a win against the Beagles and Blues later on to keep on par with them.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2012, 11:09:02 PM »

Let's see...

True al, but I think he means sick of the mindset that we have been so poo for so long that we are usually happy to Get within 20 points of these top sides. I know that's how I feel, I don't want to be happy with that anymore, stuff me I want to start going to the footy expecting to win again. The last 8 years have well and truly ripped the spirit out of our supporters. I'm glad to hear the coach and batchelor echo these thoughts, players looked deadset peeed and devastated

Agree with the content of these posts. :thumbsup

I think the magnitude of the defeats set in during the Walla$$ era after he was seen as some sort of miracle worker when he first arrived and then the failure and realisation of being worse off at the end of 2009 than what we were at the end of 2004 has really left us all with a bitter tast in the mouth.

For the most part it is frustrating getting so close against the better sides but positive in the sense we are no longer getting disgraced on field. I think as a group of fans we have been loyal and have shown a tendency in our own unique way to last the distance of one more tenure, one more tenure and we all just wish this list would fastrack itself and get that breakthrough win and start its upwards surge.

Alas it wasn't this week albeit against a declining but still very well credentialled opponent at a ground where we have won 3 times in 30 years. We get another opportunity next week against an opponent top of the ladder undefeated and in the top line of betting for the premiership. May not win in fact probably won't win but the on field fortune of this club is starting to turn into a positive direction, if only some would rather acknowledge this than throw stones merely because we didn't get the four premiership points today as we didn't on so many other occassions down at the sheep shed in recent years.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2012, 08:20:03 AM »
i dont think you appreciate how crap the Eagles, Bombers were a few years ago either or did you forgot that.

We are not talking about 2005/2009 we are talking about this year and that was an honourable loss much like the Pies game.

We could've won both if it werent certain players not stepping up and Pies playing 5 minutes of good football.
If you only meant the last year or so why did you say 30 years?
No side,  not essendon, not the eagles, not north, has been the perrenial basket case we have been. None of those sides have had to strip the club back to the bare basics like we did two and bit years ago. No club has started so far behind the rest of the field as we were.

This club has come so far from the heartless, soulless, directionless rabble we were under wallace.

Yeah, i want to see us start to win these games too, but when you look at in perspective, we really have only just started to string together these so called honerable losses, so its another step in the right direction. the next step is to start winning theses games and Im as anxious as the next person to see it happen, but it's not like we have been getting close to top sides and just losing for any length of time
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2012, 08:35:05 AM »
yes terrible that we came within ten points of rolling the reigning premiers on their home digs.  We are going backwards, time to sack everyone.
Lots of people name their swords......