Author Topic: Small forwards  (Read 15957 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Small forwards
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 12:32:22 PM »
Turner inj
Helsin wanker
Macdonald kfc

Helbig is so important for us

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 12:40:22 PM »
Posted by me in the Jake KIng thread, thought more appropriate for this thread :thumbsup

Problem with our small forwards is this

Jake is carrying and inj IMHO and his effect is useless.

Maric may turn out to be March Norm Smith Medallist.

Nahas tries to take too many players on and try and do too much.

Keep it simple and the results will come.

Our little blokes are not playing within their limitations and the fact that Jack is not competing and there is not as much spillage in the forward line means they are starving and when crumbs do fall our way it is not suited to the limitations of these players to do something positive with it.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 12:42:36 PM »
Where is our PNG bloke?

Time to give our non irish international rookie a game forward pocket.  8)

gerkin greg

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »
PNG blokes will be here next season I believe

Still underage

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 12:44:53 PM »
I thought they were playing for Coburg this year?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 12:52:24 PM »
I thought they were playing for Coburg this year?

no, too young
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 01:03:52 PM »
Both nahas and king were in relative easy scoring positions last night and tried low percentage passes instead of kicking for goal.

Here's a revelation, forwards should kick goals. If you are going to pass off what should be breadband butter shots then just eff right of.   :banghead, otherwise, whats the point?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »
Nahas has not been rubbish! He had a filthy one against West Coast.  He had some blinders earlier though dunno why you are all crapping on him, last week no one could get hold of him.  This week he was worn like a glove, probably because they saw how he played the week prior.
na been rubbish most games along with king. they are not the answer.
the answer is simple rather than play below standard small forwards pick a genuine mid like arnot to play as a mid and rotate another goalkicking mid thru the forward line.

all of cotchin, conca, deledio, martin ellis and foley can play forward.

its ironic all of our smalls have basic flaws that just should not be tolerated. they epitomise your typical glass half full types.

im adamant we could possibly be 7 and 1 if these glass half fulls the bottom 6 or so  didnt drop away so much it kills us.
 maric, tuck, grigg, conca, cotchin,deledio grimes morris, foley,batchelor, have been consistently good most games with to a lesser degree houli ellis, and martin.

from there while some have played some good games they have in the main fallen away big time fairly consistently.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »
Both nahas and king were in relative easy scoring positions last night and tried low percentage passes instead of kicking for goal.

Here's a revelation, forwards should kick goals. If you are going to pass off what should be breadband butter shots then just eff right of.   :banghead, otherwise, whats the point?

Dead right and we don't need anymore small bloody players, we need one to two more tall forwards, then the smalls we have can feed off them. But God, kick the bloody goals they are payed to kick..ffs.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

10 FLAGS

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 08:59:48 PM »
Nahas has not been rubbish! He had a filthy one against West Coast.  He had some blinders earlier though dunno why you are all crapping on him, last week no one could get hold of him.  This week he was worn like a glove, probably because they saw how he played the week prior.
na been rubbish most games along with king. they are not the answer.
the answer is simple rather than play below standard small forwards pick a genuine mid like arnot to play as a mid and rotate another goalkicking mid thru the forward line.

all of cotchin, conca, deledio, martin ellis and foley can play forward.

its ironic all of our smalls have basic flaws that just should not be tolerated. they epitomise your typical glass half full types.

im adamant we could possibly be 7 and 1 if these glass half fulls the bottom 6 or so  didnt drop away so much it kills us.
 maric, tuck, grigg, conca, cotchin,deledio grimes morris, foley,batchelor, have been consistently good most games with to a lesser degree houli ellis, and martin.

from there while some have played some good games they have in the main fallen away big time fairly consistently.

Do you agree that we should get rid of Nahas and King in one go and probably try and draft a Ben Kennedy from Glenelg type. It opens up 1 more spot on the list for someone else. We can do the same with Graham and Browne, we could just draft 1 or trade for 1 - Maric, the Newbie (if he is traded for), Vickery and Derrickx should be enough cover. That would open up 1 more spot. We could fix up 2 areas in our list and bring in say 2 more mids.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »
Connors cannot be any worse than king :huh

10 FLAGS

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 09:18:29 PM »

For our small forward situation - I would continue to try and develop Turner, Helbig can also be developed in this role, but I reckon we should go for someone with great skills and football nouse in the draft and thats Ben Kennedy, he is only 174cm and about 74kg but if he can get to say 180 and 80-83kg then he will be fine and he will also be able to take a turn in a midfield rotation. Very good player.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »
not sure what Owl's definition of a blinder is.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »

:bow :bow i never noticed having better players allowed you to achieve better results. Its a masterstroke :bow

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 10:36:57 PM »

For our small forward situation - I would continue to try and develop Turner, Helbig can also be developed in this role, but I reckon we should go for someone with great skills and football nouse in the draft and thats Ben Kennedy, he is only 174cm and about 74kg but if he can get to say 180 and 80-83kg then he will be fine and he will also be able to take a turn in a midfield rotation. Very good player.
Unless kennedy is 16 i cant see him growing another 6 cm ramps.

in saying that i dont follow this mantra about players being too small, they are either good enough or they arn't. sure larger bodied players can overcome skill deficiencies to a certain degree, but there will always be a place in the game for those small highly skilled players that the enemy have trouble getting their hands on.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI