Author Topic: Richmond vs Freo  (Read 22045 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Richmond vs Freo
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »
We have played 11 games this year and seen enough of Vickery
Hopeless
As for poor Matty White

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2012, 06:04:45 PM »
Vickery. hahahaha he is a poor excuse of a footballer in every game this year

anyone is better than him, and i mean anyone. Would go as far as to say Mcguane could perform better than Vickery but he keeps getting games
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2012, 06:06:42 PM »
I'm slightly more philosophical.

Yep Freo wanted it more but I felt the conditions played their role. Wet day wet ball meant the game was going to be a slog. A Ross Lyon coached side prides itself on this type of slog.

Thought Dimma got outcoached too. Dry weather footy on a wet day. Reminds me of the Nought game two years ago when Cotch got reported.

Should have moved Lids to FF and moved Crowley there. Kept Crowley out of the middle and opened it up for us a bit at the stoppages.

De Boer and Griffin stifled our centre clearance work and it was almost a blessing for them Sandilands got injured. Brett O'Farrell rule applies here. Big Maric was very ineffectual and we really missed Foley's extraction and explosiveness today. Would have opened the game up a bit and his pace on a day like this well who knows maybe we'd be talking about playing badly but winning.

Furthermore they got 6 from Pav and a couple from that rat and other snaps that just went in whereas Cotch's scrapes the Post in the last and others that would normally go in.

Batch made two critical mistakes handball missing target in the last set up Pav's 5th and from the bounce Pav got his 6th and going up in the third as an extra man when Rance had it covered left noone on ground level and Mzungu finds De Boer to put them in front just before 3 qt time. Furthermore in the 2nd what was Bachar thinking going across to the other flank in the wet when he had a link in the chain running past cost us another goal. Like last week we manufactured our goals yet we gifted goals to the opposition through awful errors.

Don't get me started on the umps who adjudicated the game with no logic at all. I don't think I have ever seen a game umpired as badly as it was in the second quarter. That Vickery head high tackle paid holding the ball in the last I won't go as far as saying it may have cost a draw or a win but there you go we had the members side open. May not have won if we got that one but how can you miss it. The guy is 2 metres tall and was standing erect.

These are the games we need to win which leads me to my next point. We beat sides that possibly are better or have performed better than us in the not too distant past ie Hawks and St Kilda last two weeks which is what possibly is being drummed into the team ie respect competitiveness results a sense of belonging in this comp but maybe just maybe our mental preparation and development has left us short when we play sides we should win ie Freo today Port and GC last year. I hope this mental failure against poorer sides is not a habit but just a coincidence and not the norm. Given Carlton's loss last night this certainly was missed opportunity.

I expect us to get back on track next week and all today did was give us a reality check and ensure that now assuming results go as expected in our games against opposition lower to us on the ladder that we beat one of Adelaide at AAMI, Carlton, Freo in Perth or Essendon in Round 22 to make it.

Good points Tucker but you can't help but be very disappointed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
We are just a dumb football side, the amount of goals we cough up and stupid free Kicks we give away just kills us.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2012, 06:11:03 PM »
Why was Griff subbed :huh :huh  Jack was injured and doing nothing, at least Griff could have 'changed-up' the forward line.....and there was a multitude of medium-sized 'skirts' who should have been benched in any case. Dumb Dimma dumb :-[

the claw

« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »
Where is Vicker? All these long kicks into the F50 and his no where.

Did you see him smiling at half time and making fun of an injured player?

What a stuffen idiot..

Needs to be dropped for 5 weeks.

And replace him who?

Miller  ;D
ive said it before and gonna say again now. we have options we just dont use them. what the hell is wrong with giving one of elton derickx or post a game for that matter astbury when fit.
we go into games with just one kpf in jack because sure as hell vickery does none of the things a kpf should. we also go into games a ruckman short because tyrone wont compete when it gets tough.
this bloke is not hurting us in one position but two.
give another tall forward a game and play vickery off the pine  as a ruckman. failing that   in a pocket as the ruck/forward. or better still send him back to coburg where he belongs and try someone/something  different.  9 out of 9 games hes played hes been way below the standard required when will enough crao be enough.

what i dont understand is why sub griffiths why not throw him forward and sub vickery out of the game.

on a bright note thought o'hanlon did enough to get a full game next week. hes 189 and could play as a third tall or tall medium player.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2012, 06:13:46 PM »
I'm slightly more philosophical.

Yep Freo wanted it more but I felt the conditions played their role. Wet day wet ball meant the game was going to be a slog. A Ross Lyon coached side prides itself on this type of slog.

Thought Dimma got outcoached too. Dry weather footy on a wet day. Reminds me of the Nought game two years ago when Cotch got reported.

Should have moved Lids to FF and moved Crowley there. Kept Crowley out of the middle and opened it up for us a bit at the stoppages.

De Boer and Griffin stifled our centre clearance work and it was almost a blessing for them Sandilands got injured. Brett O'Farrell rule applies here. Big Maric was very ineffectual and we really missed Foley's extraction and explosiveness today. Would have opened the game up a bit and his pace on a day like this well who knows maybe we'd be talking about playing badly but winning.

Furthermore they got 6 from Pav and a couple from that rat and other snaps that just went in whereas Cotch's scrapes the Post in the last and others that would normally go in.

Batch made two critical mistakes handball missing target in the last set up Pav's 5th and from the bounce Pav got his 6th and going up in the third as an extra man when Rance had it covered left noone on ground level and Mzungu finds De Boer to put them in front just before 3 qt time. Furthermore in the 2nd what was Bachar thinking going across to the other flank in the wet when he had a link in the chain running past cost us another goal. Like last week we manufactured our goals yet we gifted goals to the opposition through awful errors.

Don't get me started on the umps who adjudicated the game with no logic at all. I don't think I have ever seen a game umpired as badly as it was in the second quarter. That Vickery head high tackle paid holding the ball in the last I won't go as far as saying it may have cost a draw or a win but there you go we had the members side open. May not have won if we got that one but how can you miss it. The guy is 2 metres tall and was standing erect.

These are the games we need to win which leads me to my next point. We beat sides that possibly are better or have performed better than us in the not too distant past ie Hawks and St Kilda last two weeks which is what possibly is being drummed into the team ie respect competitiveness results a sense of belonging in this comp but maybe just maybe our mental preparation and development has left us short when we play sides we should win ie Freo today Port and GC last year. I hope this mental failure against poorer sides is not a habit but just a coincidence and not the norm. Given Carlton's loss last night this certainly was missed opportunity.

I expect us to get back on track next week and all today did was give us a reality check and ensure that now assuming results go as expected in our games against opposition lower to us on the ladder that we beat one of Adelaide at AAMI, Carlton, Freo in Perth or Essendon in Round 22 to make it.

Good points Tucker but you can't help but be very disappointed

Of course WP I'm gutted at us missing our opportunity. We could have ticked another box and a psychological one against Freo where we could have beaten them playing badly whilst they played the game on their terms. Unfortunantely we have dropped many of these games in the passed. Does this mean the St Kilda hoodoo moves to Fremantle now?

As I said I feel gutted at the loss but it's one in 3 weeks and if anything they are still a developing side and have lots to learn. You can't teach effort but you can inspire it and today there was not much inspiration there.

I think we put it down as an aberration and ensure we get the four points next week no matter what. At least that will have shown some desire to right the wrongs of this week in the short term at least.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »
Why was Griff subbed :huh :huh  Jack was injured and doing nothing, at least Griff could have 'changed-up' the forward line.....and there was a multitude of medium-sized 'skirts' who should have been benched in any case. Dumb Dimma dumb :-[

Griff spent some time forward in the 3rd and at least presented

Was surprised he was the sub
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2012, 06:18:10 PM »
Call a media ban until we can learn to deal with the scrutiny.

No players to go on footy show period. That show is a hoodoo for us.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
Hopeless
As for poor Matty White

Yep Whitey has been great @ Coburg as a tall forward releiving in the ruck !! :)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2012, 06:38:43 PM »
Hopeless
As for poor Matty White

Yep Whitey has been great @ Coburg as a tall forward releiving in the ruck !! :)

It was wet in case you didnt notice

tall for small. pretty simple

Lost foley and white was a suitable replacement. Vickery :banghead :banghead :banghead
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »
Hopeless
As for poor Matty White

It was wet in case you didnt notice

tall for small. pretty simple

Lost foley and white was a suitable replacement. Vickery :banghead :banghead :banghead

Me no comprehendy , hey

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2012, 06:47:28 PM »
ugly ugly ugly ugly game of football by the way .Ross Lyon is footballs answer to the anti Geez.I thought I was watching 5 nations rugby .
I agree 100%. Can't stand the way he coaches teams. Hated watching Sydney when he was there. Hated watching st.kilda when he was coaching. Now I hate watching freo.

That said I think he out coached hardwick today.
The conditions also helped freo play exactly the game they wanted.
The club that keeps giving.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2012, 06:51:39 PM »
ugly ugly ugly ugly game of football by the way .Ross Lyon is footballs answer to the anti Geez.I thought I was watching 5 nations rugby .
I agree 100%. Can't stand the way he coaches teams. Hated watching Sydney when he was there. Hated watching st.kilda when he was coaching. Now I hate watching freo.

That said I think he out coached hardwick today.
The conditions also helped freo play exactly the game they wanted.
Agree with all of the above :thumbsup

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »
The umpires, the weather and Ross Lyon's patented butt-ugly rugby poo all conspired to beat us today. Sat there for four quarters with the rain filling up my boots, and didn't see one frigging highlight all day long. Every bit of criticism that was directed Lyon's way the other week was totally justified. He has no leg to stand on defending that stacks on the mill GARBAGE they served up today!!The sooner his ilk are drummed out of the competition and join the likes of Paul Roos in the media where they belong, and stop ruining our game the better. I feel like sending him a gift-wrapped shoe-box full of steaming fecal matter to let him know what I think of his "game plan".