Author Topic: Richmond could climb into the finals at the expense of Carlton (Herald-Sun)  (Read 13352 times)

dwaino

Good to see saints will lose tonight, would be great if the crows did us a favor and ran away with it with a solid 9-10 goal margin giving their percentage a smashing   :thumbsup

Works out great too that Carlton, Saints and us share a bye weekend. Just need Freo to lose to the Bombers next week and we'll be all square.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Saints are on 121% (+226 pts), Carlton 113% (+129), while we are on 108% (+79). So we would need to win today by 50+ pts to jump ahead the Blues and by about 150+ pts lol to get into the Eight tonight.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Damn that means we will be 9th for a full week if we win by 50+.

hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
I am drooling of dismantling a depleted carlton and leaving a mental scar on them that will reverberate well into the next stuffing century.

When are they expecting Murphy back?

tony_montana

Bloody aints, stormed back and almost did the unthinkable in the last. Hopefully we can have a big win today and at least it ourselves thereabouts percentage wise.

Looking at the ladder, unless essendon or Sydney have a horror run soon, it looks like it's stk, Carl, freo and us battling for 8th. Can't see hawks and Geelong missing

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Four into one just doesn't go for eighth spot on AFL ladder (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2012, 10:44:41 PM »
Four into one just doesn't go for eighth spot on AFL ladder

Glenn McFarlane
    June 17, 2012

ST KILDA, Carlton and Richmond will head to this week's break uneasy about their ladder positions - eighth, ninth and 10th.

They each sit on six wins and six losses, with only 13 percentage points separating them.

The Saints admit they are tired due to a series of six-day breaks and interstate trips; the Blues are battered and bruised with form and fitness; and the Tigers have limped to the bye off the back of a loss to Fremantle and a less-than-flattering effort against GWS yesterday.

Just below the trio sits the Dockers, on the same number of wins (six), tellingly with an extra game in hand, but a far inferior percentage.

That's how tight it is in the middle stretches. And it is going to get a hell of a lot tighter, with realistically only one of these four teams likely to be in the finals.

So is it any wonder that Saints coach Scott Watters was not copping talk about "honourable losses" in the wake of the club's four-point loss to Adelaide on Friday night.

A win would have been absolute gold; a loss just keeps them in the pack.

Twelve matches into Watters' first season as coach, the Saints are a very different team to the one that played under Ross Lyon.

Fans would be loving the fact that the shackles have come off, with the team going from 12th last year in terms of points for (86 per game) to the fourth-ranked side (105.8 ).

That's in keeping with Watters' pre-season pledge for a more attacking bent. The new faces that have come into the team have helped. They are faster, more attacking and higher scoring as a side.

But on the flip side, they have gone from the fourth-ranked side in points against (76 per game) last year to the 10th this season (87).

It's far from disastrous as they have only conceded 100 points on four occasions this season - with one of them coming against the Crows.

But if the Saints want to make the eight this season they might need to tighten up - just a little.

Unfortunately, they seem to be just lacking one big defender.

In the end, that elusive finals berth might all come down to Round 23, when the Saints and the Blues square off at Etihad Stadium.

If the Dockers - or even the Tigers - don't lock one in first.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/four-into-one-just-doesnt-go-for-eighth-spot-on-afl-ladder/story-fn7si1k5-1226397621645

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
With Essendon winning last night you'd reckon the top 6 are safe - Pies, Swans, Eagles, Bombers Crows and Hawks.

So there's two spots up for grabs for teams 7th to 12th. If North causes an unlikely upset tomorrow they'll be on six wins as well.

Geelong (7-5)      St Kilda (6-6)    Carlton (6-6)     Richmond (6-6)     Fremantle (6-6)         North (6-6)

R14      Port (KP)              North            Hawthorn         Adelaide (away)    Collingwood (away)      St Kilda
R15  Gold Coast (away)    Essendon       Collingwood        Melbourne               Bulldogs             West Coast (Hobart)
R16   Collingwood         Brisbane (away)    North          Gold Coast (Cairns)  Melbourne (away)       Carlton
R17    Essendon           Sydney (away)     Bulldogs            North                     GWS                    Richmond
R18     Adelaide (KP)        Bulldogs          Richmond          Carlton                 Port (away)             Melbourne
R19    Hawthorn            Collingwood         Sydney         Brisbane (away)      West Coast               Bulldogs
R20 West Coast (away)   Melbourne         Brisbane           Bulldogs             Adelaide (away)          Essendon
R21    St Kilda                 Geelong           Essendon       Fremantle (away)      Richmond              Collingwood
R22    Bulldogs (KP)          GWS       Gold Coast (away)   Essendon             North(away)             Fremantle
R23    Sydney (KP)          Carlton             St Kilda             Port                    Melbourne               GWS (away)         

vs top 6          6                3                     4                     2                          3                          3
8-pointers       1                3                     3                     3                          2                          4
vs bottom 6    3                4                     3                     5                          5                          3
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:02:43 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
Norf will cause an upset just to pee Adelaide off for next week.

Norf - forever annoying the RFC.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Ch 7 last night said the flu had swept through the Crows camp and they've brought two emergencies over with them just in case. Ninth Melbourne most likely will still lose though  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame

Ch 7 last night said the flu had swept through the Crows camp and they've brought two emergencies over with them just in case. Ninth Melbourne most likely will still lose though  :pray.

I have tipped nought, i have that feeling. if thats the case im sure im working in the canteen the week of our game and give em all a dose of quik-lax  ;)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Dubstep Dookie

I have tipped nought, i have that feeling. if thats the case im sure im working in the canteen the week of our game and give em all a dose of quik-lax  ;)

Or a raw sausage roll or two  :chuck :chuck

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
North have beaten the Crows. So that's 5 teams now all on 6 wins with Geelong only a game ahead with inferior %. This must be one of the tightest seasons ever.

tony_montana

Teams like stuffing nought get surprise 4 points against crows and we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot by dropping games against bloody freo and missing out on % against GWS

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
Adelaide will pump us now.

Fanks Norf.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
N0rt :banghead