Author Topic: Richmond could climb into the finals at the expense of Carlton (Herald-Sun)  (Read 13325 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
I've said this before and will say it again

Forget about finals. If it by some small chance great rejoice, but this is reality and the best we can hope is denying the Bombers a top 4 and blues a top 8 spot

Today was a rubbish win. Writing was on the wall in the GWS game but the Ao called experts blamed the weather.

Newman another game which supports the argument for Cotch being captain

He has become a liability. Maybe he can be a real leader and give it Cotch now

lol.....if we beat Carlton and Essenon we will make the finals....Fact.

tony_montana

If if if

Current form is pretty woeful

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
If if if

Big if I know but Daniel is saying that's the best we can hope for and if that's the best then we make the finals.....fact ;)

tony_montana

pedantic prick  :lol

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Just saying :shh

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
If if if

Big if I know but Daniel is saying that's the best we can hope for and if that's the best then we make the finals.....fact ;)

probably couldve worded it a little better. lol

I agree 100% with you, but on todays form can you really see us beating Nought, Bris Away, Buldogs amongst a few others.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Agree but in saying that we could have just as easily flogged them today. A small turn in form and anything could happen :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
We need to find a KILLER INSTINCT!

I thought the Hawthorn win was a sign we'd learnt to put sides away in the last and run over them however today it was back to going through the motions in the last. I've got to ask whether the runner was sent out after we had found out North had lost )?) as that should have got everyone back on their bike to try and win by 6 goals plus to jump above Carlton on the ladder. Instead nothing changed and we kept playing as though we were asleep in the last  :banghead

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020

I thought the Hawthorn win was a sign we'd learnt to put sides away in the last and run over them however today it was back to going through the motions in the last. I've got to ask whether the runner was sent out after we had found out North had lost )?) as that should have got everyone back on their bike to try and win by 6 goals plus to jump above Carlton on the ladder. Instead nothing changed and we kept playing as though we were asleep in the last  :banghead.
correct   :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Not when ur krap!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame

I thought the Hawthorn win was a sign we'd learnt to put sides away in the last and run over them however today it was back to going through the motions in the last. I've got to ask whether the runner was sent out after we had found out North had lost )?) as that should have got everyone back on their bike to try and win by 6 goals plus to jump above Carlton on the ladder. Instead nothing changed and we kept playing as though we were asleep in the last  :banghead.
lack of scoreboard pressure is the big problem. we dominated them early on but at 1/4 time they would have felt they were still in with a chance, as you should 5 goals down. if that's 7 or 8 goals down it's a totally different mindset, and given the easy goals missed we could easily have had that sort of break on them.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

Whilst we cannot play at the intensity we had been in the first few months you cannot play as poorly as we have either.

The positive thing is we won and to me it seems the better the opposition the bigger the challenge.
Hence our more intense efforts during the first half of the season.

Whilst obvious we still have improvement we have consistent this year something we haven't been in generations and that in itself is a sure sign of improvement regardless of what the doomsdayers would like to believe.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
lack of scoreboard pressure is the big problem. we dominated them early on but at 1/4 time they would have felt they were still in with a chance, as you should 5 goals down. if that's 7 or 8 goals down it's a totally different mindset, and given the easy goals missed we could easily have had that sort of break on them.
True al. As you say if we had kicked straight the game would've been over at 1/4 time. Not to mention if Rance hadn't stuffed up kicking into the man on the mark the Dees would've been held scoreless for the quarter which would've been extra demoralising for them. We're not reflecting our general play dominant periods on the scoreboard as we should.

Saints winning last night makes it four teams on 7 wins. Freo should win today over the Dogs to make that 5 teams. Just an extraordinary close season. We've just got to try and fight our way through this trough in form (beat GC well next week) and hopefully find a renewed spark and some confidence by the time we face North and Carlton. The past few weeks of one quarter of decent footy followed by 3 ordinary quarters ain't going to cut it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

Just on Rance, he was better yesterday than he has been over the last 3 weeks. Hopefully he can get back to his form earlier in the year.

Ruanaidh

Just on Rance, he was better yesterday than he has been over the last 3 weeks. Hopefully he can get back to his form earlier in the year.
At one stage he started sliding down a forwards back and quickly propped himself back up again. He has obviously been told not to go to ground :lol Batchelor need the same message.