Author Topic: Grog Squad Rules!  (Read 8453 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Grog Squad Rules!
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 07:18:11 PM »
JJ, is your kid the one that said to you "I want to go home, Richmond are losers" at a game two years ago?

She is the one that sits in the cold in her jumper waving hers flags everyweek

Good to hear she is back on board :thumbsup

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 07:18:57 PM »
Drunks at the footy or anywhere else in a public place is one ugly eyesore..They are neither funny ,witty,or make any comment worth listening to.......zero tolerence i say(both from authorities and us the public)

So i take it you've never been drunk before in a public place and dropped a profanity? Not even in your late teens?

Never watched an M rated movie without being terribly offended?

Part of life mate. Nature of the human race.

Don't have to like it, but if you want to complain about it do it from the comfort of your mates Mt Buller chalet over a fluffy duck and a velvet glove.

Should be illegal to watch a game of footy without a beer.

Fortunately i come from the tommy hafey school of alcohol consumption

Minus the exercise. What a waste.

In fact  me and some my old footy buddies try as best we can to do a Hafey both in exercise and consumption of alcohol...

Fair enough. Respect to you  8)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2012, 07:27:34 PM »
I 150% agree.
I don't sit with them, I take my young daughter to the footy but I am disgusted people from our own club have knifed em. They should be effin shot.

I love their chanting and look foward to it each time I go, in fact was thinking about it earlier today.

If your against it then sod off we don't need wimpy wankers complaing, they're probably fair weather suppoerters who only come out once or twice a year. And in saying that were not happy with the gs chanting " no means no" last week.

Do we ever hear about collingwood supporters dobbing in their supporters about the putrid language they use?? Even their child supporters say things I would at the footy.

As for the guy her threw a beer at WP, what a wanker. That kinda stuff is just stupid and disrespectful
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2012, 07:30:19 PM »
JJ, is your kid the one that said to you "I want to go home, Richmond are losers" at a game two years ago?

She is the one that sits in the cold in her jumper waving hers flags everyweek

Good to hear she is back on board :thumbsup

And she is a 3121 member and a social club and a Cotchys Club member
Not bad for a 10 year old
Keeps Dad broke.lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2012, 07:30:42 PM »
So how much should people have to put up with?

Are you saying families are not allowed to go to the footy without having to put up with vile language? are you saying it is right that if you ask people to tone down the language you should have to face a barrage of abuse?

Bigger issue for mine is the ground security who do nothing when people complain and I mean NOTHING!

After my own episode last week when a moron threw a cup of beer in my face I will admit my view has changed some what. My tolerance level to these sorts of things is at an all time low?

I also appreciate I'm probably in the minority but have a cup of beer thrown in your face by "one of your own" and you may understand where I am coming from
make sure you take your umbrella next time WP.   ;)
The club that keeps giving.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »
my 4 daughters and i have always sat near the grog squad, and they love singing along with them, esp after a win, have a laugh, never ever have they been scary or threatening

jackstar must wear a skirt if he thinks they are scary lol, my kids are not even scared of them

best unofficial cheer squad in the world

10 FLAGS

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2012, 10:28:47 PM »
Betraying your own people is the worst thing you can do. The people who have done it should pee off and go support essendon or carlton or whoever else they want. We dont need supporters like them. If any of these clowns have done it and they read this site and these thread - do us a favor and stuff off. Your Not Richmond and Your Not One of Us!

I find this post ironic coming from you. You bagged the team on this forum last fri night. Sheesh pot man

Ring Damien Hardwick or any member of the footy department during the next week and ask them what they thought of the performance. Youll find they werent overly happy either. The defensive side of the game was non existant and they werent happy at all with that part of the performance. I just tell it how I see it, last week was not a top notch performance as so many of our supporters have suggested. I support the Grog Squad.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »
Man I remember the original Grog squad, anyone remember Chat "Stick it up em"? Must be dead haven't seen him for years.
There's still a couple of old faces and the new breed have kept it up well, been around a looong time and there hasn't been too much trouble considering their longevity.
Think it's the bandwagon effect, as we improve we are gunna get more of these hangers on that just come to join the gravy train and don't really get the unwritten rules!

Lol Unwritten rules - Yeah right  :rollin

Everyone has their own way and I'm not one to correct but I don't see the point in shielding kids from the "Real world" they are gunna have to face it some stage, but if you don't like it get your reserved seats elsewhere. 

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
Listen, i sit near this group and cant recall anything over thetop but id urge caution....the afl mean business, this poo is in the news and theyd love to make scapegoats...id hate for these fellas to be kicked out over a few 4 letter words...pull horns in boys
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

10 FLAGS

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2012, 10:54:39 PM »
Listen, i sit near this group and cant recall anything over thetop but id urge caution....the afl mean business, this poo is in the news and theyd love to make scapegoats...id hate for these fellas to be kicked out over a few 4 letter words...pull horns in boys

BJ these guys have been going to the footy for years. For years they have shown up rain hail or shine - when we were crap. And now we have some supposed Richmond supporters who have probably only started supporting us again in the last 6 weeks who have gone to the footy and decided that those bad boys in the Grog Squad should be dealt with. ITS A stuffen DISGRACE! People who rat on the Grog Squad should hang their heads in shame. Do us a favor - pee of Idiots. We havent needed you over the last 20 years and we dont need you now you wankers.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2012, 10:57:17 PM »

BJ these guys have been going to the footy for years. For years they have shown up rain hail or shine - when we were crap. And now we have some supposed Richmond supporters who have probably only started supporting us again in the last 6 weeks who have gone to the footy and decided that those bad boys in the Grog Squad should be dealt with. ITS A stuffEN DISGRACE! People who rat on the Grog Squad should hang their heads in shame. Do us a favor - pee of Idiots. We havent needed you over the last 20 years and we dont need you now you wankers.

THIS POST!!!   :clapping  :gotigers
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »
there should be a KEG game
everyone rock up with a KEG.

There is always clowns at the football
its just an unfortunate accident if you
happen to encounter one.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 11:13:49 PM »
Agree OP.
Well said mate!

Grog squad do alot for the club that we don't see.

Love em!

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »
The grog squad are fantastic, what's all the fuss about? Although I never drink at the footy myself, I love joining in with their songs and chants after a stirring win. The atmosphere they generate is the best.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »
COTCH CREW!!!