Author Topic: Grog Squad Rules!  (Read 8454 times)

10 FLAGS

Grog Squad Rules!
« on: June 08, 2012, 05:37:46 PM »
Complaints have been made by supposedly some of our members about our grog squad. What a disgrace! Richmond people putting the knife into Richmond people. Dogs act for mine. The grog squad are an entertaining part of the footy, if you dont like it rack off and sit somewhere else. Betraying your own support group is nuffin but a mongrel act that has now seen a decision made that there will be some sort of crackdown on the grog squad. JOKE ... A COMPLETE stuffen JOKE! The people who complained should hand their memberships in and go support someone else. Idiots.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/mcc-warns-of-crackdown-on-anti-social-behaviour-at-this-weekends-footy-games/story-fn7x8me2-1226389120383

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Grog Squad Rules!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »
100% agree.

150% agree. Lets wrap society up in cotton wool.

If there isn't a place somewhere at the footy that you can let ya hair down then it's a huge shame. Go to England and sit in an EPL crowd when they shout out to a John Terry you a ####. EVery 10 seconds.

Was disgutsed with SEN they voiced this story directly after the story about the bashing at Etihad after the Saints v Tigers game. Deliberate or not, made out that the Grog Squad behaviour and bashing were related

Pathetic.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:58:34 PM by one-eyed »
Go Tigers!

dwaino

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 05:58:23 PM »
I don't sit with any squad, but I 200% agree. There are literally thousands of other places to sit. Tossers.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:03:30 PM »
Betraying your own people is the worst thing you can do. The people who have done it should pee off and go support essendon or carlton or whoever else they want. We dont need supporters like them. If any of these clowns have done it and they read this site and these thread - do us a favor and stuff off. Your Not Richmond and Your Not One of Us!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »
So how much should people have to put up with?

Are you saying families are not allowed to go to the footy without having to put up with vile language? are you saying it is right that if you ask people to tone down the language you should have to face a barrage of abuse?

Bigger issue for mine is the ground security who do nothing when people complain and I mean NOTHING!

After my own episode last week when a moron threw a cup of beer in my face I will admit my view has changed some what. My tolerance level to these sorts of things is at an all time low?

I also appreciate I'm probably in the minority but have a cup of beer thrown in your face by "one of your own" and you may understand where I am coming from

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
So how much should people have to put up with?

Are you saying families are not allowed to go to the footy without having to put up with vile language? are you saying it is right that if you ask people to tone down the language you should have to face a barrage of abuse?

Common sense dictates don't sit near the grog squad if you have the kiddies with you, or are offended by language.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »

Common sense dictates don't sit near the grog squad if you have the kiddies with you, or are offended by language.

Bit hard not to sit near them when you've bought a reserved seat in that area

And BTW the articles was there's been complaints but doesn't say they've all come from RFC supporters

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 06:20:33 PM »

Bit hard not to sit near them when you've bought a reserved seat in that area

Standing area behind cheers squad = grog squad. It's not that hard.

Not that I agree with what happened to you. That was a disgrace even for the grog squad

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 06:25:11 PM »
I had to walk through the grog squad area last week
Scary stuff
Problem mighten be with the Grog Squad but the drunken "" hangers on "' that were going off there head
This is a serious accident waiting to happen
Last week wasnt good. :(

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 06:26:27 PM »

Standing area behind cheers squad = grog squad. It's not that hard.

Not that I agree with what happened to you. That was a disgrace even for the grog squad

Can I stress want happened to me laset week had nothing to with the grog squad

But I bought reserved seats one year for the Dreamtime game and had no choice in the seats and ended up near the grog squad. At the game a bloke with 3 small kids asked then to tone down the "F" bombs and he then copped a tirade of abuse while MCG security stood there laughing. Cops came and removed someone from the grog squad but it got worse once they left

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 06:27:43 PM »
I don't sit with any squad, but I 200% agree. There are literally thousands of other places to sit. Tossers.

Hold on a tick
What about innocent people that have to walk to the exit points only to have idiots going off there head F this and F that.
Got no issue with singing songs , but when you get drunken imbeciles who cant stand up getting involved, something has to give

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »
I had to walk through the grog squad area last week
Scary stuff
Problem mighten be with the Grog Squad but the drunken "" hangers on "' that were going off there head
This is a serious accident waiting to happen
Last week wasnt good. :(

Reckon you make a great point about the "hangers on".

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »
I miss the good old days. The women and children should stay home if they don't like what they're hearing. No one in the crowd deserves to be abused by a drunk or any other person but fair dinkum....The things we complain about these days. As long as there's no racism, fighting and people getting beer thrown at them (classic  :lol) then I like it. Every moron gets their say when they pay for their ticket

Some bloke having a bit of fun - "Good kick Juddy you overpaid stuffwit!"
Annoying woman sitting near said bloke - 'ohhh, that comment offends me and my children can hear you! Please keep it down, little Toby is only 4 and he shouldn't have to hear you!'

Stay home and watch playschool then you bitch.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »

Never ever had a problem with the Grog squad.

They are a part of the rich tapestry that is the modern game of footy.

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

:lol

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 06:47:55 PM »

Never ever had a problem with the Grog squad.

They are a part of the rich tapestry that is the modern game of footy.

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

:lol

Most sensible thing you have ever said.