Author Topic: North V Tigers Game  (Read 21771 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: North V Tigers Game
« Reply #255 on: July 23, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »
what should have been done to curb petrie in the last?
Put a player or two back? But a 7 point lead is not enough to do that and if we had of done it then we would not have worked our way back into the game.

I believe the damage was done earlier. Petrie was having a dog of a day, then he was gifted to free kicks from us which resulted in goals. This has lifted him. Without the gift goals, he may have continued to have had a dog of a day!

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #256 on: July 23, 2012, 11:54:25 AM »
Oh this Malthouse talk. Reminds me of this Sheedy talk in the 90's. :help

We did so well without Sheedy coaching us through the 90s.  Was a roaring success....  Great example.

Lets blame the players.  Its not like at an AFL level, a coach can have any impact in player recruitment, match day selection, positional placement, game day strategy etc etc.  Scott didn't just televise that they were going to go isolate Petrie one out at the start of the last quarter and Petrie didn't kick 7 goals.  It was really all the players fault.

Nope the coach has no impact on the result.  Lets just put bambi there instead.  Recipe for success.

I'm not calling for Hardwicks head. That will come in 12 months if we are in the same boat but you have to admit Dimma had no answer for Scott isolating Petrie in the square

Where was Dimma's moves regarding Jack. Clubs have worked out deny Jack room in the F50 so he cant lead into space.

Tucker i ask you this. How can you get in a winning position in all of what 6 games yet lose them all. Where is his Plan B??
Think Jack had about 5 frees not paid yesterday . . . was continually violated by n0rt players and those fairies kept waving their arms in the air . . . most frustrating thing to watch behind them never pinging n0rt player for throwing the ball as opposed to handballing it.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: July 23, 2012, 12:00:52 PM »

Maybe the same thing that got us into the winning position in other games

When we were winning remember where Maric was?? thats right plugging holes and taking benny gale type marks in the D50.

Like i said i'm yet to see a Plan B when we get tested.

Would've even tried Rance up forward in the last
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: July 23, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »

When we were winning remember where Maric was?? thats right plugging holes and taking benny gale type marks in the D50.

Hence, we need another ruckman to help out Maric.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2012, 12:18:14 PM »

the difference is that in the last petrie was isolated one out deep in the forward line, that was not hapening early on.

it is all so simple, untill you actually think about it.

early on maric didnt have to venture into the forward line to take ruck contests, allowing him to sit back behind the play. now we have no one to take the ruck duties in the forward line.

maric cannot get from a ruck contest up the ground as quick as the ball is moved, so even without a dodgy groin, we was never going to be able to get back to help out rance in those one on one contests deep in forward line.

scott made a tactical change that exploited petries height advantage, and the only options to counter it were to play two men on petrie the whole time or move someone like mcguane onto him.

both options have severe faults.

bottom line is there was not really another option option to play on petrie.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: July 23, 2012, 03:34:49 PM »
Poor skill errors and turnovers,stupid free kicks killed us in the last qtr.Rance,Conca,Cotch all turning it over and resulting in goals for North.Martin in the last qtr had the chance to square up the ball and kicked to Jack who had 3 players on himHe's one on one effort with a North player in the last 5 mins of the game wasn't good enough on the boundary line to.We tend to do this to much still go to Jack when it's the wrong option.After Petrie kicked his second goal Hardwick should have doubled teamed Petrie or loose man in defence like teams do to Jack.North did yesterday to Jack.All he did was put on Mcgaune on him which was worse.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #261 on: July 23, 2012, 03:43:36 PM »
Yesterday's game reminded me so much of our Rd 17 2001 game against the Dogs.

Could've gone either way considering both teas were seen to be jostling for positions in the 8.

We won that night and got a double chance. Dogs lost and slumped away.

I can see Nought given their soft draw playing Melb GWS and the Dogs not missing out now whereas we could fall right away and win just 1 or 2 more.

tony_montana

« Reply #262 on: July 23, 2012, 04:55:21 PM »

the difference is that in the last petrie was isolated one out deep in the forward line, that was not hapening early on.

it is all so simple, untill you actually think about it.

early on maric didnt have to venture into the forward line to take ruck contests, allowing him to sit back behind the play. now we have no one to take the ruck duties in the forward line.

maric cannot get from a ruck contest up the ground as quick as the ball is moved, so even without a dodgy groin, we was never going to be able to get back to help out rance in those one on one contests deep in forward line.

scott made a tactical change that exploited petries height advantage, and the only options to counter it were to play two men on petrie the whole time or move someone like mcguane onto him.

both options have severe faults.

bottom line is there was not really another option option to play on petrie.

i was thinking abt this last night whilst watching scott choke in the open,they were going to petrie at all costs, i wouldve made one of the talls the free 3rd man not newman or any other short/mid sized player, mcguane or post on him with rance 3rd up or vice versa (except mcguane, he too dumb on field to play the free man. Iwouldnt have worried abt any other tall fwd option bc they were like us in that they exclusively looked for one target.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: July 23, 2012, 05:52:14 PM »
surprised no one mentions the lack of defence from the mids when north got a run on
\

tony_montana

« Reply #264 on: July 23, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »
surprised no one mentions the lack of defence from the mids when north got a run on
\

bc it wasnt the midfields fault, we were playing loose man/men in defence, North chose to play their loose man/men around the stoppages instead, happens everyweek in most games until one side gives... It was a structural thing our coaching staff vs theirs both persisted with their own philosophy - in the end they came out on top

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2012, 04:55:42 AM »
Oh well, wasn't as bad as I thought it was going be..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2012, 04:57:37 AM »

Any excuses?

;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2012, 05:04:33 AM »

Any excuses?

;D

Yeah, for once, the bloody umpires were shocking.... ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick and B.Scott)

Richmond v North Melbourne
9 Drew Petrie (NM)
9 Andrew Swallow (NM)