Author Topic: Will Dimma Be Our Next Premiership Coach?  (Read 8577 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Will Dimma Be Our Next Premiership Coach?
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2012, 10:26:25 PM »
Can tell you all
Malthouse made a lot of sense today
Critical on Hardwick for playing players behind the ball early

Yep sack the coach or the next best thing start a campaign against him. ::)

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2012, 11:04:46 PM »
Can tell you all

Great post.  We had players behind the ball when we were behind in the last quarter while they had extras on the ball.  Good luck winning a game of football like that.

Claw.  The list was good enough to get in a winning position again despite the ineptitude of the coach.  Can't be that bad a list because its been able to do it all year.

dwaino

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2012, 12:23:31 AM »
Hell yeah. Lets sack the coach and start again! again.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2012, 06:07:59 AM »
There were some....interesting decisions by our coach yesterday when the game was on the line.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2012, 06:15:44 AM »
Can tell you all

Great post.  We had players behind the ball when we were behind in the last quarter while they had extras on the ball.  Good luck winning a game of football like that.

Claw.  The list was good enough to get in a winning position again despite the ineptitude of the coach.  Can't be that bad a list because its been able to do it all year.

Don't expect a reply. Good post
Yeah the list was good enough to be in front against every side but the Pies throughout stages in the last quarter

In the cold hard light of the day we have been regurgitating the depth line for 30 days

Can almost see it already. 12 months sane round same excuses

We screwed the year up plain and simple
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
daniel, do you think our depth is up to standard?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2012, 12:37:53 PM »

No, which is why i hope we go after a Caddy. We need midfield cover

Our depth was good enough to get in winning positions, in fact i think in front in the last quarter in every close game we lost.

I have an issue with players like Miller, Jackson and Edwards getting games ahead of others and then when poo hits the fan everyone screams about our youth and depth

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2012, 12:38:01 PM »
Can tell you all

Interesting theory on how the game should or shouldnt be played.
We needed to win the game, not defend it.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »

No, which is why i hope we go after a Caddy. We need midfield cover

Our depth was good enough to get in winning positions, in fact i think in front in the last quarter in every close game we lost.

I have an issue with players like Miller, Jackson and Edwards getting games ahead of others and then when poo hits the fan everyone screams about our youth and depth
our depth is not up to standard, but thats not a reason for losing?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »
Whilst I understand how cut we are just like we have realistically lost 5 games under 12 points
blokes like McGuane, Graham, Webberley, White, Post, Jackson, who continually make elementary errors at critical times. Realistically we have a good core of 25 players that can keep us competitive its about 10 of the other 18 or so players that really let us down.

In hindsight playing O'Hanlon from earlier in the year or Elton may have been more beneficial rather than waiting for an injury to present a chance. We should have bitten the bullet with a few boys like we did with Ellis and if they warranted it played them when they performing for Coburg.

Whilst we need to take our chances other than Webberley who was a late pick from Dimma's first draft at the club Jako is a remnant from the Spud era and the rest have been there since Wallace and just have not come on the way we have hoped but we could not delist them at the time due to mass retirements and delistings DImma had to cater for when initially taking the job.

Whilst that is not an excuse its a real reason why we have fallen short. If people want to see it like this fine and if people don't and want to make judgement in any other way no dramas. :thumbsup

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2012, 05:36:52 PM »
From memory - foley, mcguane, moore and tuck are also from Spuds era

Dimma's regime whilst it has unearthed some gems has also had some failures:

From 2009 National draft: taylor, webberly, nason, farmer
and I think most if not all the rookies hicks, contin, roberts, westhoff with the jury still out on Griffs (taken the pick immediately before Fyfe and Bastinac), Astbury and Dea.
Plainly that year we recruited a lot of small body shapes that didnt come on. eg webberly nason and farmer - given we already had nahas and king - how many small blokes do you need?

From 2010 - mcdonald, Xman, and rookies jacobi, hislop

From 2011 - AMaric for the moment....

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2012, 05:47:45 PM »
Yeah but Foley and Tuck are keepers Moore would have been more than handy for us had his hips held up given we could free up Griffiths to CHF which leaves McGuane whose played regular footy up until last year given Grimes emergence as the one waiting to see what will happen with his career.

the claw

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »
Can tell you all

lol you ever ask ask yourself that just perhaps a decent chunk of the players are the reason we cant consistently get over the line.

do you think a third yr coach doesnt learn the caper as he goes. yep he made  some poor mistakes  and will continue to do so both on and off field. but to take us from where we were at the end of 09 to where we are now the improvement is huge.

with the crappy overall list that we have, hardwick has done well to have had us in finals contention so late into the yr.having so few injuries obviously helped but look what happened as soon as they came.
we have had just 12 14 consistenly good players all yr and when they go down mediocrity joins a fair bit of mediocrity already there.
 instead of bagging him you should be applauding him and stop deluding yourself about just how good our list is. ya know what hes going to make more mistakes get used to it.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2012, 06:30:32 PM »
At this rate the next 3 coaches wont be our Premiership Coach.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 06:34:40 PM »
Hell yeah. Lets sack the coach and start again! again.

YEP! We should! Don't need to start again, we have the players! Just the game plan is horrible!