Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 430199 times)

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC to go it alone at VFL Level in 2014
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
I stand mate.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
Charge $2 bucks a snag on game day and ensure people come to the Social Club before the game at the G. Will ensure club uses the Superstore and the Social Club correctly. Have a 10:30 start time that way game finishes at 1 and members can make use of Punt Rd and MCG facilities on match day. Spending $$$ at Punt Rd and at the SUperstore and at the Social Club and the RFC collects the profits. No other club in the AFL has the opportunity to manipulate their seconds and firsts in such a way. BTW Golden Rule we let noone else play on Punt Rd unless they are the away side on an RFC match day.

All means $$$$ for the RFC and the upkeep of such an important developmental club venture. :thumbsup

Exactly!

People would go to Punt Road and pour pregame pee into the RFC instead of down the drain.
We have the best located ground and we should use that advantage!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 03:13:43 PM »
Charge $2 bucks a snag on game day and ensure people come to the Social Club before the game at the G. Will ensure club uses the Superstore and the Social Club correctly. Have a 10:30 start time that way game finishes at 1 and members can make use of Punt Rd and MCG facilities on match day. Spending $$$ at Punt Rd and at the SUperstore and at the Social Club and the RFC collects the profits. No other club in the AFL has the opportunity to manipulate their seconds and firsts in such a way. BTW Golden Rule we let noone else play on Punt Rd unless they are the away side on an RFC match day.

All means $$$$ for the RFC and the upkeep of such an important developmental club venture. :thumbsup

Agree with everything you've suggested Tucker

But....

The VFL will want some "stand alone" games by that I mean games that are not curtain raisers. It will likely be part of the license conditions. Like it or not there will be conditions

Remembering that Geelong do not play all their home games as curtain raisers so you would think the same will apply.

This will create a problem with games at Punt Road as you wouldn't want a game being played while other games are going on at the MCG (non RFC games I mean).

As I said earlier a lot of planning is needed and 12 months give us the chance to get everything right  :thumbsup :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 03:16:12 PM »
Tuckers 10.30am game start is a really good idea and wouldnt interfere with others.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 03:18:43 PM »
Tuckers 10.30am game start is a really good idea and wouldnt interfere with others.

Great idea when RFC is playing but not great if other teams are at the MCG

Cannot see the VFL allowing all games having a 10.30 start. Other teams in the comp will complain about it. VFL like the AFL are an interesting beast   ;D trust me or Chutney  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »

Agree with everything you've suggested Tucker

But....

The VFL will want some "stand alone" games by that I mean games that are not curtain raisers. It will likely be part of the license conditions. Like it or not there will be conditions

Remembering that Geelong do not play all their home games as curtain raisers so you would think the same will apply.

This will create a problem with games at Punt Road as you wouldn't want a game being played while other games are going on at the MCG (non RFC games I mean).

As I said earlier a lot of planning is needed and 12 months give us the chance to get everything right  :thumbsup :thumbsup

Totally understand WP but as a club we need to list our demands and take it from there. Aim higher than high and see how we go. Plan this inside the board room and then meet with the VFL and take it from there. I'm sure for the big games against Ess/ Carl/ Coll we can come up with something. Add the Hawks and Cats and that's not too bad a money maker for the club. :thumbsup

A venture like this will benefit our AFL fixture as the club can also come to terms with the AFL and ensure we can use the VFL use of Punt Rd for the seconds and the MCG for our home games also by linking the two venues for us. Furthermore home games against lesser ranked AFL clubs like the interstaters can be the VFL games to played on the suburban grounds.

Planned correctly the potential is endless and having big 2nd games at Punt Rd will ensure that other big Victorian clubs spend $$$$ at Punt Rd for the reserves also. Nice way to make money off the scabs off the field and by then hopefully we can pants them on the G a few hours later. All adds up to a win win situation for the Tiggers.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »

Cannot see the VFL allowing all games having a 10.30 start. Other teams in the comp will complain about it. VFL like the AFL are an interesting beast   ;D trust me or Chutney  :thumbsup

That depends. they could play collingwood or geelong there when they are playing at the G
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 03:28:43 PM »

Geelong has done it at Geelong . Why can't we do it?
If anything in the era I grew up ressies started at 11am and seniors were on at 2pm.

We are starting at 10:30 am for a 1 pm finish and either a 2:15 start or 3:15 start on a Sunday.

Keep the RFC 1:45 or Sunday 1:10 start for RFC v interstate clubs at the G and therefore VFL matches that can cater for the VFL requests. Win win for Richmond.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 03:29:13 PM »
Imagine Richmond seconds with the YELLOW SASH playing in front of 10k at PUNT ROAD.

The sooner this gets done the better.

PUNT ROAD surface will be magnificent.

Now lets eff off the red sash for GOOD!
post of the week.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »
YES YES YES

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 04:06:29 PM »
When is Essington getting a VL side? Next season?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »
you know what i think this is the best news i have heard for a long time.

well done RFC
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 04:58:28 PM »
Punt road confirmed?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 05:07:19 PM »
Tigers go it alone
By Ben Guthrie
3:57 PM Sat 21 Jul, 2012

RICHMOND will part ways with VFL affiliate Coburg at the end of the 2013 season and field a standalone team in the competition in 2014.

The clubs had originally agreed to continue the relationship until the end of 2014, but in consultation with AFL Victoria they decided to bring forward the terms of agreement by one year.

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale said in a statement released by the Tigers, the decision to part was ultimately best for both clubs.

"We have been very clear that one of our major football priorities was the establishment of a stand-alone reserves side, and this will become a reality in 2014," Gale said.

“We believe it will allow us to fast-track the development of our emerging talent, which is critical to the success of our football team into the future."

Collingwood and Geelong are the only current clubs that field standalone VFL teams, although there is a considerable push from other teams to set their own up.

Gale said, however, that it was extremely important for Richmond to continue to support Coburg and honour its commitment throughout the 2013 season.

"The alignment has had its share of challenges, and they will remain into the immediate future, but we did not believe it was right to walk away at the completion of this season," Gale said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/142217/default.aspx

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 05:12:09 PM »
Punt road confirmed?

without it being confirmed id say 99.9% chance it will be at Punt Road, which may explain another reason why they started to dig it up mid season.

Probably had been planning this for a while. How good is this announcement
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.