Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316842 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1320 on: June 15, 2014, 07:23:11 PM »
Damien give Paul Roos a call and learn something. Or Ken Hinkley.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1321 on: June 15, 2014, 07:27:11 PM »
Damien give Paul Roos a call and learn something. Or Ken Hinkley.

What for he's got Danny Daly. Things are coming along nicely. :help

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1322 on: June 15, 2014, 10:55:29 PM »
We are not going to sack Hardwick. At least not this year.

This thread needs to be put on ice till next year IMHO.  If at this stage next year we are in a similar position the club will pull the trigger for a new coach in 2016.

Can't anyone else see this? :huh

:thumbsup

Group of us were talking about yesterday.

I said exactly the same thing

He's not going to b sacked

So he has the remainder of this year, pre -season and the first half of next year to fix this mess that he has helped create.

Mid point of season of  2015 and nothings changed I reckon he is goneskis

Encouragement to continue to top up and not play the kids cause he's got 20 odd games which will further damage the list with list blockers gettings ggames and potential good players getting screwed

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1323 on: June 16, 2014, 08:55:47 AM »
The back end of this season and the off season is one of the most crucial for this club in many a year.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1324 on: June 16, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
Personally I would take advantage of the currency we have created. We have never really had that before. Had players who are highly rated in AFL circles and can demand some decent concessions.

I'd go heavy for a pick in the top 3. Make sure we are playing our kids as much as we can. Waste of time Aaron Edwards, play McBean. Not ready? Don't care. Play them and if we win, great for development if not then great for draft picks. Anyone that thinks we can build a premiership list from any other way is crazy. We can have culture all you like but without a decent playing list you may as well be the Bulldogs.

What worries me more than other things is as follows:

If dimma has been tapped o the shoulder as Wp infers: and been told he has got to turn around the ship by - say mid next year. If nitbhe is gone.
So what hhappens in dimma mind?

Hes  knows he needs to win games now. I believe dimma think the best chance of winning games is playing:  king Newman hampson Chaplin houli SGrigg etc.

This will two outcomes:

- chances are we will win an extra game or two. Losing good draft and free agency positions

- it will further stunt the development of the kids on the list.

Hence the coach should go now. Not in 12 or 18 months
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:52:02 AM by Judge Roughneck »

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1325 on: June 16, 2014, 09:36:59 AM »
Correct

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1326 on: June 16, 2014, 09:43:45 AM »
For example:

Why would Hardwick play?

- A) mcbean ahead of a Edwards

- B) arnot ahead of grigg

I assume in his mind there is a 10% chance the younger option would help win the game. Hence the mindset of the current leadership at Richmond, is not thinking in regards to the long term best case on field scenario.

IMHO, yet worrying to some degree non the less.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1327 on: June 16, 2014, 11:37:56 AM »
If dimma has been tapped o the shoulder as Wp infers: and been told he has got to turn around the ship by - say mid next year. If nitbhe is gone.

:gobdrop

I inferred he's been tapped on the shoulder? Really where exactly? Give me a break  ::)

NO

All I did was give an opinion

IMESHO he will not be sacked

Again IMHO if things are no better this time next year he will be under the pump and again IMHO he will probably be goneskis

That's not inferring that's offering an opinion

Why would Hardwick play?

- A) mcbean ahead of a Edwards

This week just gone? Though that was pretty obvious...McBean hadn't played for 4-5 weeks so there was no way he was going to come straight in the AFL side, he aint Chris Newman  ::) ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #1328 on: June 16, 2014, 11:42:25 AM »
WP is now the new GR just tapping people on the shoulder and saying "On ya bike son"  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1329 on: June 16, 2014, 11:47:44 AM »
WP is now the new GR just tapping people on the shoulder and saying "On ya bike son"  ;D

Now Ramps you're a smart chap so you should know if I wielded such power and influence who the first person I'd tap on the shoulder and it isn't Dimma  ;) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1330 on: June 16, 2014, 12:14:50 PM »
Who?
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1331 on: June 16, 2014, 12:47:41 PM »
I would say Blair Hartley from what I have read of WP's posts.  Would happy for FJ to go with him as well.

I understand that the two year extension is an obstacle but not nearly as big as some people may think.

If we finish last, "WOODEN SPOON" and we are "oh so close" to that result right now, he will go.

You can't take a team that finished 5th on the ladder (7th after losing to the 9th side) to the wooden spoon and survive.  That would be a scandal in itself.  The barrier of the extended contract would go with it.  The reason for this is simple, if you are getting 20k people through the gate for a Fremantle game and the rest of the seasons attendances are equally poor, you have lost a heap of potential revenue.  You can't as a football board go into a new season without doing something to generate hope (memberships) and improve attendances.  (If they did that, there would be a rebellion of members and a strong push for a  rival board setup).  Personally, I find it unfathomable that this list could finish last but then I find Hardwick unfathomable in his stupidity so I'm not discounting the possibility.

For Hardwick to go sooner, there would have to be a player revolt.  Just on last weekends game, if Arnot played in the middle next to Miles, we would have won.  Miles has turned into the Tuck of 2014, hiding what an abominable midfield we have through individual effort and willpower.  (ie.  fierce attack on the ball).

There can be no excuses for Hardwicks performances this year.  This is a list that he built with his recruiting department and these are the players that he has chosen to play.  I cringe when I hear that skills are the reason we lost to Fremantle when this is his job to train the players and ensure their skills are up to afl level.  Here is a guy who came in on a platform that we will only recruit skilled footballers who are hard at it.  I only see the opposite.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1332 on: June 16, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »
Bingo

Revune lost (crowds/memberships) vs cost to payout contract

There are othernnon direct financial factors
Moral oof supporters etc.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 01:15:01 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1333 on: June 16, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »
As a continuation of the previous point - another problem with this Hardwick mentality:  is players that are senior whom are not 100%, under and injury cloud if you will. Are alleged to be playing injuryed to some degree. One could argue this is not ideal for the players in question as they may not get back to full capacity.

One would assume a benefit of a new coach would be players rested until fully fit

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1334 on: June 16, 2014, 01:11:16 PM »
Agree with most here.Dimma and the football department need to be accountable.How many times he use to say we a going to recruit guys who can kick and have skills..Why is Petterd there،Thomas،Hamsphson etc he went against what he preached and quick fix.Let's be honest guys if dimma never had 2 years he would be gone already a team from 5th  to last and the drop off in our skills،kicking،and players who made progress.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 01:30:44 PM by georgies31 »