Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316883 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1395 on: June 22, 2014, 08:00:03 PM »
Alternatively to all this panic...

Is this the most well disguised tank in the history of the game?

Too finish as low as possible..
Is Hardwick telling Cotchin to just chip kick it around instead of going direct.
Throwing Dusty forward and back depending on mood.
Refusing to change game style and revert to the clubs Plan B they worked hard on in the off season.
Refusing to make a change when the opposition get a run on and stop their momentum.
Has he slowed our game plan down to a point where its almost impossible to win even when the players give 100%.
Is he refusing to drop 'our best 22' because in reality its not our best 22 and Hardwick has tricked everyone into thinking Hampson, A.Edwards, Thomas, Petterd and all the other recycled rubbish are AFL standard?
Are we refusing to drop out of form players to ensure we finish as low as possible this year.
Maybe the board got together and conspired a tanking strategy and assured Hardwick 2 years extension if he kept quiet and followed through the plan?
We have a tough draw to tank this year and maybe Dimma is doing a herculean job but we all don't know it?

When you actually think about it, its seems generally logical. Especially when a team that finished 5th in 2013 is now sitting 16th on the AFL ladder at 3-10.

Sorry Dimma for letting the cat out of the bag, all this criticism now seems harsh.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #1396 on: June 22, 2014, 08:02:07 PM »
When you actually think about it, its seems generally logical. Especially when a team that finished 5th in 2013 is now sitting 16th on the AFL ladder at 3-10.

Other clubs have done it before..

Uncompromised draft this year.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1397 on: June 22, 2014, 08:12:20 PM »
Alternatively to all this panic...

Is this the most well disguised tank in the history of the game?

Too finish as low as possible..
Is Hardwick telling Cotchin to just chip kick it around instead of going direct.
Throwing Dusty forward and back depending on mood.
Refusing to change game style and revert to the clubs Plan B they worked hard on in the off season.
Refusing to make a change when the opposition get a run on and stop their momentum.
Has he slowed our game plan down to a point where its almost impossible to win even when the players give 100%.
Is he refusing to drop 'our best 22' because in reality its not our best 22 and Hardwick has tricked everyone into thinking Hampson, A.Edwards, Thomas, Petterd and all the other recycled rubbish are AFL standard?
Are we refusing to drop out of form players to ensure we finish as low as possible this year.
Maybe the board got together and conspired a tanking strategy and assured Hardwick 2 years extension if he kept quiet and followed through the plan?
We have a tough draw to tank this year and maybe Dimma is doing a herculean job but we all don't know it?

Sorry Dimma for letting the cat out of the bag, all this criticism now seems harsh.

He's not that bright

the claw

« Reply #1398 on: June 22, 2014, 08:17:21 PM »

Other clubs have done it before..

Uncompromised draft this year.
lol we are putting all our eggs in the francis jackson basket. has anyone looked at his record lately.

waste of time doing anything unless we fix our recruiting problems once and for all.
whats the name of that bum at geelong who seems to go alright when it comes to picking kids.  throw a mil a yr at him for two or three yrs and just maybe  we will improve.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1399 on: June 22, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »
Claw, you make some sense but carry on sometimes by being hypercritical and idealistic.

We aren't tanking.
This year has been a badly planned stuff up from the pre season when we decided to change the way we had been playing and got cute with playing guys out of position.
We've clearly got ahead of ourselves and its bitten us on the arse.

The list isn't great but good enough to compete in the lower reaches of the 8.

The recruiting in the last off season were poor although I really like miles.

Due to our poor year, the club will now see its time to land a decent free agent, my theory on why we haven't is that we thought we'd get to top 4 without over paying a big fish who would join on the promise of a premiership tilt. This promise would save us $ and give Dan Richardson credibility for his Arsenal salary cap strategy.
Now that is clearly not going to happen they we chase blindly waving a cheque book.

Fairly big stuff up Tigers. This is where we never learn and Claw is right.
We do overrate our list but it's not thaaaat bad.

Hugh draft pick, pre season pick, free agent and getting back to our strengths in game plan will help in 2015.
Whether it's enough to save Hardwick is the big q.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1400 on: June 22, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »
History shows Hardwick needs to go.

If a coach doesn't win a flag in their first 10 years they don't win them.

When they stay at the same club it is unlikely after 5 -7 years.

The reason being double rebuilds don't work. You get one shot before the pressure of failure and an erosion in confidence starts to undermine.

So unless anyone thinks Hardwick has a Bomber Thompson turnaround in him and can win in the next 2 seasons, all keeping him does is add the same number of years onto the next run at it.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1401 on: June 22, 2014, 08:55:30 PM »
And yet they will wait for half way into next year  :facepalm

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1402 on: June 22, 2014, 08:59:50 PM »
Is it true at 3/4 time he made the players hold hands in a circle and sing "Kumbyah"?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1403 on: June 22, 2014, 09:02:34 PM »
Channel 7 were reporting something about a soggy biscuit of some sort.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1404 on: June 22, 2014, 09:05:44 PM »
Channel 7 were reporting something about a soggy biscuit of some sort.

Oh ok.

That's usually the pre game celebration.
Caracella and Balmey.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1405 on: June 22, 2014, 09:20:41 PM »
Richmond doesn't get big fish and if we try and do we get stitched up at the 12th hour remember the Tony Lockett, even the Chris Judd deals.

Furthermore the club has been vomiting this ideal that we are better than last year and more so our best players are injured and therefore it's not worth looking at the kids plodding away in the ressies or that in the fifth year of a rebuild we will do no such thing as develop players therefore we won't be playing them and we will consolidate with established players.

Therefore like most of us on here can see where we are at and what we need to do, our views are along the same path just slightly different based on our own ideals I guess, the club however sees that it has 65000 members and is banking on losing so many members ie limiting the damage and not admitting to any wrongdoing whether that be in the boardroom or in the coaches box or even on the training ground or on draft day. It has happened before and it will happen again.

There are killers like the ones who kill their spouse( not that its right) for whatever reason, one time killers and there are serial killers like Denyer, Knight, Milat who unless they get caught they will keep on killing just like some footy clubs are failures like St Kilda, Melbourne Dogs but they do go their fans regular chances to smile by making finals the odd GF and such whereas the RFC are serial failures unless the club is stopped wiped clean from top to toe disinfected again and then hosed down like a rabied dog with a high pressure water hose The Cycle of Skata will continue for every 5-7 years repeatedly, unabated and more and more frustratingly worse each time the full cycle is completed.

The club will not spend money because every so often they need the fans to bail them up or the KPI graph to go on an upward trend for a few years to sell hope and footy dreams to us 35-45 somethings who remember the RFC being important when we were kids unlike now being inept and irrelevant.
Unless the war room at Punt Rd has changed philosophy and therefore tactics and at the end they cut their losses accept that we are somewhere between 40-60% of the way there and admit we need a few more years to get there that's all just a few more years to get 50 or so games into the batch from this year and some other kids already on the list then 2017 will be our 2010, 2005,2000,1993, 1987, 1983 and we all know how it has turned out since half time of the decider in 1982. :help

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1406 on: June 23, 2014, 04:44:42 PM »
So, not playing the kids is an admission of failure on Dikwicks behalf,
as it states they're not good enough, even after years of development under him.

The real problem is, his 'senior" players have gone backwards at an alarming rate,
further evidence of his ability to incapacitate talented players.

This form of leadership from him is better described as a stubborn inability to recognise his limitations as a professonal curator of young men.

Sadly, in the meantime, he survives in the shadows of guilt cast over the club by past sackings of coaches and that brings into question the administrative powers that be.

LMAO@ Him turning it around next year or 2.
Caracella and Balmey.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1407 on: June 27, 2014, 05:17:09 AM »
Reckon if we get beaten tomorrow he might be gone on Monday
Only my opinion although natives are starting to get restless re direction .team selection and match day/game plan

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1408 on: June 27, 2014, 05:27:42 AM »
Go saints

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1409 on: June 27, 2014, 06:51:02 AM »
Reckon if we get beaten tomorrow he might be gone on Monday
Only my opinion although natives are starting to get restless re direction .team selection and match day/game plan

Reckon he wont

He has the support of the 1 person that carries to much weight and I aint talking about anyone on the board  ;D

Said it many times (rightly or wrongly) he wont be sacked now

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)