Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316826 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1515 on: July 11, 2014, 10:38:50 PM »
what would it achieve?
a lot

A lot really? Probably about as much was achieved when we sacked: Wallace, Frawley, Gieschen, Walls, Bartlett, Sproule, Bourke, Jewell (twice) and Hafey

All these sacked coaches got us was debt and unfulfilled expectations - there are bigger problems at the club - we can't develop players and have not  for thirty years - in fact when players come to Richmond they tend to lose ability rather than gain it...

eg: When Kane Johnson came to the club he could hit people lace out everytime - by his second and third year he couldn't hit the grandstand from 10 metres... and all the kids with such potential that we couldn't turn into footballers: Banik, Poole, Tambling other sides can develop their kids - why can't we?

Albert Einstein defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
TIGERITIS™®©
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1516 on: July 11, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »

Albert Einstein defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

So we are stuffed in so many words.
We know Einstein's four theories now we have discovered his fifth theory of relativity.
Whether we sack the coach or not we are fornicated.
The Skata Cycle. 32 years and counting. Plop Plop Plop. ®©™

Or as a scientific theory

a) = RFC
       ____     

9-18
              ®©™
:lol
 :clapping :clapping

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
  • got to try everyday to keep mediocrity at bay
« Reply #1517 on: July 12, 2014, 01:16:28 AM »
Oh goody... looks like we've got another Cotchin basher on board.

Not a Cotchin basher as much as a realist - Deledio was going to be the best player ever - better than Judd, Cousins, Goodes on their best day - it didn't happen...

Cotchin is a good player and I would pick him every week but is he a great player? does he impose himself on the game? should he be Captain?

Offline Tiger-Harted

• Future Richmond star
  • got to try everyday to keep mediocrity at bay
« Reply #1518 on: July 12, 2014, 01:30:05 AM »

Sure if you want to take it that way - we can give up but I personally would rather find what the real problem is and fix it - it's more than the coach - we need to demand more from the club - not just the coach - it's called due diligence and corporate governance and the club has failed these...

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1519 on: July 12, 2014, 07:38:44 AM »

Sure if you want to take it that way - we can give up but I personally would rather find what the real problem is and fix it - it's more than the coach - we need to demand more from the club - not just the coach - it's called due diligence and corporate governance and the club has failed these...
Agree Agree Agree
Our way forward is find the best recruiting team possible and the best player development program team and dio it ASAP,  start to identify our next coach now, get a deal sorted then when Hardwicks contract is up our path will be a lot clearer. As an aside, choco had a high profile last year, now we hear nada, plus i think losing Leppitsch had a very big effect on the playing group...comments?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1520 on: July 12, 2014, 08:34:14 AM »
I agree Mint

Anyone who thinks it's just the coach has mental issues. He is the main culprit I agree but the cancer has spread to all areas.

Look at the hawks as an example. Ceglar, Langford, etc

We need a perfectionist as a coach not some finnochio like our current one.

Watch clarkson in the box when the crows get a late goal, smashing the water bottle in anger. Game was over but still he wants and demands excellence.

They have Bolton Ratten we have Daly, Williams the poo one.

The club is going no where, that was evident to me since the elimination final so what did we do recruit another Angus and Thomas, whilst still playing hacks like Newman

The club is bereft of ideas, and they won't source an experienced assistant because the coach won't want to be insecure about his own job

I looked back at spud and used to defend him by saying at least he got us into a final that we won, however the fact is he ruined our list with recycled duds and I'm sorry to say the effect will be much worse this time around.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1521 on: July 12, 2014, 12:32:18 PM »
Ratten >>> dimma

Rampstar

« Reply #1522 on: July 12, 2014, 03:04:32 PM »
Ratten >>> dimma

I actually agree. I think Hardwick is done as coach of the Richmond Football Club.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1523 on: July 12, 2014, 03:06:32 PM »
Ratten can get judd for a farewell year at tiger land after malthouse desists him

Would be good foil for our the like of vlastuin, lids, chimp, martin

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1524 on: July 12, 2014, 04:19:32 PM »
I agree Mint

Anyone who thinks it's just the coach has mental issues. He is the main culprit I agree but the cancer has spread to all areas.

Look at the hawks as an example. Ceglar, Langford, etc

We need a perfectionist as a coach not some finnochio like our current one.

Watch clarkson in the box when the crows get a late goal, smashing the water bottle in anger. Game was over but still he wants and demands excellence.

They have Bolton Ratten we have Daly, Williams the poo one.

The club is going no where, that was evident to me since the elimination final so what did we do recruit another Angus and Thomas, whilst still playing hacks like Newman

The club is bereft of ideas, and they won't source an experienced assistant because the coach won't want to be insecure about his own job

I looked back at spud and used to defend him by saying at least he got us into a final that we won, however the fact is he ruined our list with recycled duds and I'm sorry to say the effect will be much worse this time around.
I agree with this.

I thought Hardwick was the guy but he just doesn't have the answers. Plays favourites, rewards mediocrity time and time again and just scratches his head when things go wrong.  :huh3
Clarkson was frustrated to the end even when the game was decided in the final minutes.
He is the type of coach our club needs. Someone who won't be perturbed either by the frenzy of success nor by the lows of failure but demands high standards that generates both consistency and excellence no matter the result.
He has the know-how, the mental toughness and integrity to rid this club once & for all of the stench of satisfaction, the virus of vanity, the disease of complacency, the malady of mediocrity, the infection of indifference, the curse of contentment & everything else that has plagued this club & encapsulates Tigeritis™®©.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1525 on: July 12, 2014, 05:53:20 PM »
We can kiss ling goodbye he's going to the dees.

We are a useless club.

RFC. plop plop plop(used by permission. D.F)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1526 on: July 13, 2014, 03:02:03 PM »
The port spare back in west huff doing the damage

The richmond plus one Chaplin useless

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir