Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316098 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1650 on: August 25, 2014, 04:09:49 PM »
So time to look for a new coach then. Who do you guys suggest?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1651 on: August 25, 2014, 04:12:48 PM »
Yeh, look.....this is all a bit ironic in a way.

Seems to me the players were put in the unenviable position of having to confront the coach in regards to both his game plan ( was "a carbon copy of Hawks and wasn't working") and then the embarrassing public admission that training standards were not only sloppy but well below the profe$$ional level required and expected.

Add the recruitment of hampson, thomas, the ridiculous handling of Ivans surgeries and the ignorance of neglecting miles and you have the profile of a complete imbecile.

Whats your points?

Agree with it all, but the question is who is out there who could do better?, Please advise 3 possible coaches

No use in speculating that far.

He's locked in
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1652 on: August 25, 2014, 04:17:31 PM »

Seems to me the players were put in the unenviable position of having to confront the coach in regards to both his game plan ( was "a carbon copy of Hawks and wasn't working") and then the embarrassing public admission that training standards were not only sloppy but well below the profe$$ional level required and expected.

Add the recruitment of hampson, thomas, the ridiculous handling of Ivans surgeries and the ignorance of neglecting miles and you have the profile of a complete imbecile.

Whats your points?

Agree with it all, but the question is who is out there who could do better?, Please advise 3 possible coaches

He's locked in

Might as well plan ahead given he's such a terrible coach. Who are you thinking of as his replacement?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1653 on: August 25, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »
Best for you to hope he learned from his unacceptable mistakes and will be a better coach for it.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1654 on: August 25, 2014, 04:25:30 PM »
So time to look for a new coach then. Who do you guys suggest?

Nathan Bassett or Andrew Collins

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #1655 on: August 25, 2014, 04:43:43 PM »
Best for you to hope he learned from his unacceptable mistakes and will be a better coach for it.

That's what Im hoping has happened

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1656 on: August 25, 2014, 06:40:31 PM »

Whats your points?

He's locked in

Might as well plan ahead given he's such a terrible coach. Who are you thinking of as his replacement?
I dare say you wouldn't mind Terry Wallace back the way you backed him to the very end. Good to see you are doing it again with Dimma. I hope you are right this time around.
I like your loyalty Stripes.    :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1657 on: August 25, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »

My point is that Miles should have been promoted earlier, unsure why anyone else cant see this

Correct, this was just one of many mistakes made; preseason --> front half of the year, but having said that, it was one of the most glaring and significant mistakes of them all.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Contract extension gives Damien Hardwick ease to plan (Advertiser)
« Reply #1658 on: August 26, 2014, 01:00:00 AM »
Contract extensions give Damien Hardwick, Nathan Buckley and Brenton Sanderson ease to plan

Michelangelo Rucci:
    The Advertiser
    August 26, 2014

SEASON 2014 is to be the first in nine years that will (or could) end without an AFL coach being sacked.

And the only coach from that year of stability in 2005 still in the same job and at the same club is Alastair Clarkson. Such is the volatile nature of AFL coaching.

Before the 2014 season began, three coaches — three rivals who this weekend are each chasing the same last berth to the AFL finals — were given extended tenures with two-year contract extensions.

Damien Hardwick signed a new deal at Richmond on December 11 last year. Clearly, the Tigers wanted — as Adelaide tried with Neil Craig in 2011 — to end the speculation on when Hardwick would be rewarded for delivering Richmond to its first final series in 12 years while advancing the club from 15th to seventh in his first four years.

Richmond will say Hardwick had earned his new deal and deserved the right to work without distraction — and that the Tigers were staying true to their vision of a club built on stability.

At 3-10, the Richmond board must have felt the heat being turned up. Now that Hardwick has put the Tigers on an eight-game winning streak, the directors are inspired men and women.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/michelangelo-rucci-contract-extensions-give-damien-hardwick-nathan-buckley-and-brenton-sanderson-ease-to-plan/story-fnlpdory-1227036418716

dwaino

« Reply #1659 on: August 26, 2014, 07:32:19 AM »
Is that an article or a recap of events? Good stuff Rucci  :clapping

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1660 on: August 26, 2014, 08:57:05 AM »

I dare say you wouldn't mind Terry Wallace back the way you backed him to the very end. Good to see you are doing it again with Dimma. I hope you are right this time around.

:fishing Dropping a line in bigtone  :P

Wallace lost me in the end when he began coaching for his career and advertising his services for a new job. Wallace was actually a good match day coach, probably better than Dimma in this regard, but he never developed the players. Considering the state of our list and the amount of youth we brought in, this was a crucial mistake. Wallace did very well motivating and deconstructing opposition game plans with the established list at the Dogs. He couldn't do that Richmond and failed to try and adopt other strategies with the squad. Poor old Tucky didn't know what he was doing half the time.

Unlike a few on her bigtone, I remained loyal until the last year rather than calling for his head when the process/rebuild wasn't even half finished. Anyone can death-ride a coach and be proven right because in the end they are all going to be sacked eventually.

I'd rather support the club, the players and coach for the most part and focus on improvements/repairs rather than continually having to start again. I'm sick of rebuilds.

People are great at saying pointing out the problem without coming up with the solution. So if Hardwick is not he answer who is bigtone?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1661 on: August 26, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »
rucci has rance as the #1 defender in the game before the year had started

he knows where its at  :clapping

---

newman
chaplin
grigg
hampson

going into '15 with one hand tied behind our back ?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:40:56 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1662 on: August 26, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »

Wallace lost me in the end when he began coaching for his career and advertising his services for a new job. Wallace was actually a good match day coach, probably better than Dimma in this regard, but he never developed the players. Considering the state of our list and the amount of youth we brought in, this was a crucial mistake. Wallace did very well motivating and deconstructing opposition game plans with the established list at the Dogs. He couldn't do that Richmond and failed to try and adopt other strategies with the squad. Poor old Tucky didn't know what he was doing half the time.

Unlike a few on her bigtone, I remained loyal until the last year rather than calling for his head when the process/rebuild wasn't even half finished. Anyone can death-ride a coach and be proven right because in the end they are all going to be sacked eventually.

I'd rather support the club, the players and coach for the most part and focus on improvements/repairs rather than continually having to start again. I'm sick of rebuilds.

People are great at saying pointing out the problem without coming up with the solution. So if Hardwick is not he answer who is bigtone?
Not fishing at all Stripes, just saying it how I remember it.  :whistle

Mate it's easy to have blind faith and think all things are roses in life, it's much harder to identify the problem before all is lost. Wallace set us back 5 years. You were about 4 years late in the Wallace fiasco. All the words in the world cannot defend that now.

If you are asking me a hypothetical about Dimma not being the answer and who would be then I would say Alistair Clarkson.   :shh

Dimma has lost me because he has favorites that he continually plays. And also the lack of playing young guys when they have earned it.

Dimma doesn't coach like he played, he was tough and uncompromising, but as a coach he is soft and predictable.   

The last eight wins haven't changed anything in my mind, all it's done is show just how bad he coached earlier in the year. The fact the players had to come out and say "you are to soft on us" is the most pathetic thing I have heard from an AFL club. And that short backwards and sideways kicking game plan he was running with earlier this year was just as bad. The fact Jack had to come out and say it was no good is even more laughable/sad.

His coaching panel is just horrible, and his attempt to change star players into something they are not just shows me he is out of his depth.
Ie Jack, has just about taken all the good things that made him special out of his game. Doesn't lead anymore, doesn't leap at the footy like he used to and refuses to try and isolate him close to goal.
Dusty, taking our most dynamic player and trying to turn him into a dime a dozen back flanker. Blind Freddy can see you just have to let this kid free to take the game on. He will win you more games than he will save you playing at half back.

Anyway just a few things Dimma needs to work on IMO or he will be showed the door just like you mate TW was.  :cheers

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1663 on: August 26, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »

Not fishing at all Stripes, just saying it how I remember it.  :whistle

Mate it's easy to have blind faith and think all things are roses in life, it's much harder to identify the problem before all is lost. Wallace set us back 5 years. You were about 4 years late in the Wallace fiasco. All the words in the world cannot defend that now.

If you are asking me a hypothetical about Dimma not being the answer and who would be then I would say Alistair Clarkson.   :shh

Dimma has lost me because he has favorites that he continually plays. And also the lack of playing young guys when they have earned it.

Dimma doesn't coach like he played, he was tough and uncompromising, but as a coach he is soft and predictable.   

The last eight wins haven't changed anything in my mind, all it's done is show just how bad he coached earlier in the year. The fact the players had to come out and say "you are to soft on us" is the most pathetic thing I have heard from an AFL club. And that short backwards and sideways kicking game plan he was running with earlier this year was just as bad. The fact Jack had to come out and say it was no good is even more laughable/sad.

His coaching panel is just horrible, and his attempt to change star players into something they are not just shows me he is out of his depth.
Ie Jack, has just about taken all the good things that made him special out of his game. Doesn't lead anymore, doesn't leap at the footy like he used to and refuses to try and isolate him close to goal.
Dusty, taking our most dynamic player and trying to turn him into a dime a dozen back flanker. Blind Freddy can see you just have to let this kid free to take the game on. He will win you more games than he will save you playing at half back.

Anyway just a few things Dimma needs to work on IMO or he will be showed the door just like you mate TW was.  :cheers
One thing about Hardwick is that he has learnt from his mistakes. Some people never do.
You haven't answered Stripes question though - who else is the answer?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1664 on: August 26, 2014, 07:57:20 PM »
Mad Micky Malthouse