Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316083 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1665 on: August 26, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »

I dare say you wouldn't mind Terry Wallace back the way you backed him to the very end. Good to see you are doing it again with Dimma. I hope you are right this time around.
I like your loyalty Stripes.    :thumbsup

:fishing Dropping a line in bigtone  :P

Wallace lost me in the end when he began coaching for his career and advertising his services for a new job. Wallace was actually a good match day coach, probably better than Dimma in this regard, but he never developed the players. Considering the state of our list and the amount of youth we brought in, this was a crucial mistake. Wallace did very well motivating and deconstructing opposition game plans with the established list at the Dogs. He couldn't do that Richmond and failed to try and adopt other strategies with the squad. Poor old Tucky didn't know what he was doing half the time.

Unlike a few on her bigtone, I remained loyal until the last year rather than calling for his head when the process/rebuild wasn't even half finished. Anyone can death-ride a coach and be proven right because in the end they are all going to be sacked eventually.

I'd rather support the club, the players and coach for the most part and focus on improvements/repairs rather than continually having to start again. I'm sick of rebuilds.

People are great at saying pointing out the problem without coming up with the solution. So if Hardwick is not he answer who is bigtone?
Not fishing at all Stripes, just saying it how I remember it.  :whistle

Mate it's easy to have blind faith and think all things are roses in life, it's much harder to identify the problem before all is lost. Wallace set us back 5 years. You were about 4 years late in the Wallace fiasco. All the words in the world cannot defend that now.

If you are asking me a hypothetical about Dimma not being the answer and who would be then I would say Alistair Clarkson.   :shh

Dimma has lost me because he has favorites that he continually plays. And also the lack of playing young guys when they have earned it.

Dimma doesn't coach like he played, he was tough and uncompromising, but as a coach he is soft and predictable.   

The last eight wins haven't changed anything in my mind, all it's done is show just how bad he coached earlier in the year. The fact the players had to come out and say "you are to soft on us" is the most pathetic thing I have heard from an AFL club. And that short backwards and sideways kicking game plan he was running with earlier this year was just as bad. The fact Jack had to come out and say it was no good is even more laughable/sad.

His coaching panel is just horrible, and his attempt to change star players into something they are not just shows me he is out of his depth.
Ie Jack, has just about taken all the good things that made him special out of his game. Doesn't lead anymore, doesn't leap at the footy like he used to and refuses to try and isolate him close to goal.
Dusty, taking our most dynamic player and trying to turn him into a dime a dozen back flanker. Blind Freddy can see you just have to let this kid free to take the game on. He will win you more games than he will save you playing at half back.

Anyway just a few things Dimma needs to work on IMO or he will be showed the door just like you mate TW was.  :cheers
One thing about Hardwick is that he has learnt from his mistakes. Some people never do.
You haven't answered Stripes question though - who else is the answer?
I hope so mate, but I don't think he has.
And I did answer Stripes question.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1666 on: August 26, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »
Ratten

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1667 on: August 26, 2014, 08:06:22 PM »
Ratten
perfect coach for us!
We could immediately star a Sack Ratten thread!!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1668 on: August 26, 2014, 08:33:36 PM »
Bomber Thompson.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1669 on: August 30, 2014, 09:07:03 PM »
5 year extension

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1670 on: August 30, 2014, 10:04:40 PM »
Needs one more win for me to see his year as a pass.

Gerks 27/6/11

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1671 on: August 30, 2014, 10:29:01 PM »
Still happy for him to go

Harvey was a top bloke. Still got the ass

Must be bold

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1672 on: August 31, 2014, 12:12:27 AM »
Give it a rest guys - haters have got to hate  :facepalm

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1673 on: August 31, 2014, 12:15:46 AM »
Do you really think they will sack a coach that has taken the team to their first back to back finals series since 1975? :gobdrop

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1674 on: August 31, 2014, 12:45:32 AM »
Old stiffy is on the rise.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1675 on: August 31, 2014, 12:55:47 AM »
club needs to sack him and then reinstate him the next day.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1676 on: August 31, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »
Do you really think they will sack a coach that has taken the team to their first back to back finals series since 1975? :gobdrop

No, but you don't get sacked for a failed season either.

In my eyes if we win next week then the season is a pass and we move into next year looking for a logical progression which would be being in the mix for top four but if we finished 5th or 6th Port style it would still be acceptable.

If we don't win a final then the season is a failure and next year starts in the shadow of that, with extra pressure and scrutiny on the coach. If the season didn't progress to expectations I'd expect him to be moved on.

Gerks 27/6/11

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1677 on: August 31, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »

In my eyes if we win next week then the season is a pass and we move into next year looking for a logical progression which would be being in the mix for top four but if we finished 5th or 6th Port style it would still be acceptable.

If we don't win a final then the season is a failure and next year starts in the shadow of that, with extra pressure and scrutiny on the coach. If the season didn't progress to expectations I'd expect him to be moved on.
I disagree. Why? Because everyone puts too much responsibility on one person for success or failure - the coach.  It's been happening at Richmond since 1975 and it has got us nowhere. If we fail next week it is not Dimma's fault it is the group that has run out on the ground who must take responsibility. I'm sure Dimma hasn't instructed them to drop marks, fumble and kick to the opposition as the did in the first ten weeks.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1678 on: August 31, 2014, 10:52:49 AM »

I disagree. Why? Because everyone puts too much responsibility on one person for success or failure - the coach.  It's been happening at Richmond since 1975 and it has got us nowhere. If we fail next week it is not Dimma's fault it is the group that has run out on the ground who must take responsibility. I'm sure Dimma hasn't instructed them to drop marks, fumble and kick to the opposition as the did in the first ten weeks.

I agree but the coaching group (who would all go if he was moved) have created the group who represents them.

If they aren't responsible then who is?

Gerks 27/6/11

dwaino

« Reply #1679 on: August 31, 2014, 10:56:16 AM »
I think Dimma is becomming a better match day coach. Seems to be starting to respond to opposition changes. Just need a couple more players now with better decision making on the fly.