Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 274005 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2012, 02:41:50 PM »
I said minus our top 6, who were playing, they were basically playing Coburg.

Moore, McGuane, Post, A. Maric et al. left us seriously exposed. Not to mention Graham in the GC game.

The gap between these players I just mentioned and Foley, Vickery, Grimes etc. is huge. Hell, the gap between those players and Batchelor who is out of form and White who is suspended is huge. You cant expect to win games when the 'players' you call up from Coburg to play for Richmond, shouldn't even be playing for Coburg.

When we have players in our bottom 5 on the field that are of the make of (using Hawthorn as an example) Shiels, Breust, Suckling, Whitecross and Gunston, or even Savage (making the assumption Franklin comes in for him) we will pummell other clubs. How you can compare our 'depth' to these 5-6 is beyond me.

McGuane contributed more than Riewoldt did.  Kicked a ripping goal.  Hes actually a very good example of a depth player, because he has played afl for a while and has the fitness base unlike the kids Carlton fielded.
McGuane is a good example of a depth player is he? Minus kicking that one goal he offered absolutely nothing all game and continually looked out of place. He had 3 kicks in an entire game of football  :bow

Compare this to Shiels of Hawthorn on Friday who had 24 touches . . .  :banghead Your right though, its all on the coach.  :clapping :whistle  :wallywink

Bottom line is, we need to continue drafting well so our depth players become the Grigg's/Houli's/Conca's. This is what we are doing and will continue to do, sadly it takes bloody time, especially when Hardwick inherited the list he did.

the claw

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »
I said minus our top 6, who were playing, they were basically playing Coburg.

Moore, McGuane, Post, A. Maric et al. left us seriously exposed. Not to mention Graham in the GC game.

The gap between these players I just mentioned and Foley, Vickery, Grimes etc. is huge. Hell, the gap between those players and Batchelor who is out of form and White who is suspended is huge. You cant expect to win games when the 'players' you call up from Coburg to play for Richmond, shouldn't even be playing for Coburg.

When we have players in our bottom 5 on the field that are of the make of (using Hawthorn as an example) Shiels, Breust, Suckling, Whitecross and Gunston, or even Savage (making the assumption Franklin comes in for him) we will pummell other clubs. How you can compare our 'depth' to these 5-6 is beyond me.

McGuane contributed more than Riewoldt did.  Kicked a ripping goal.  Hes actually a very good example of a depth player, because he has played afl for a while and has the fitness base unlike the kids Carlton fielded.
McGuane is a good example of a depth player is he? Minus kicking that one goal he offered absolutely nothing all game and continually looked out of place. He had 3 kicks in an entire game of football  :bow

Compare this to Shiels of Hawthorn on Friday who had 24 touches . . .  :banghead Your right though, its all on the coach.  :clapping :whistle  :wallywink

Bottom line is, we need to continue drafting well so our depth players become the Grigg's/Houli's/Conca's. This is what we are doing and will continue to do, sadly it takes bloody time, especially when Hardwick inherited the list he did.
here here well said.

the claw

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »
This is for you Claw who loves to call Richmond supporters fools and naive because he has no other means to defend the inexcusable.

now thats the pot calling the kettle black i only give as good as i get bud.

you continually ignore things such as depth quality age experience games played etc . you agree the list is poor but expect to win well me id call that foolish.

your looking to do exactly what we have done for 30  yrs blame the coach when the simple answer is we dont have the cattle and it will still take time to get enough.

the claw

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2012, 03:09:31 PM »

of course hes made mistakes and continues to do so. only a fool would argue he hasnt. but surely we expected mistakes from a rookie coach with a poo list. hes probably making half of it up as he goes.  all i can say is get used to it he will make plenty more but thats okay by me as long as he  learns from them.

at the end of the day there are only two reasons why this thread exists.

some fools overrate the list and expected  finals and are bitter. or theres some real fishermen on this site. me i reckon its the former seems most just dont have the intelligence to form a balanced  opinion.

The Richmond Football Club expected finals this year.  General football media expected more from Richmond.  Hardwick expected more.  I guess that makes them fools by your criteria.

The amount you have been arguing and making excuses for him, would make you a fool by your criteria.

I guess you are a fool living in a world of fools.  I hope its a happy place.

There is a simple solution to a rookie coach continuing to make the same mistakes three years on.  Replace him with Mick Malthouse.  That's the point of this thread.  You have done a good job of clarifying it.
ah pot calling kettle black. what a fool.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2012, 04:31:05 PM »

JVT.  I noticed you completely edited your previous post.  I agree with a lot of your posts on this forum.  This one is way off the mark though.

How can you write the above when Hardwick recruited Maric.   You have to be kidding. He kept Moore, McGuane and Post on the list for the last 3 years.  Not to mention Connors, Webberley etc.  He played Post round 1.  But that is somehow Wallaces fault?

We weren't up against Hawthorn but lest we forget, we beat them.  How wonderful their list must be then.  Keep praising them while we copy their game plan to our detriment.  We played Carltons kids on the weekend.  We lost to GCS kids.

Armfield. Ripped our Captain a new one.  Guess thats a depth issue?  70 odd games vrs 209 games of experience.

Lets look at Carltons players who played:  Bell, Rookie.  Casboult - 2 career games.  Collins - Richmond reject - 35 games.  Frazer Dale.  Rookie. 2 Games.  Davies.  14 Career games - 1 this year.  Duigan.  35 games.  Mcinnes 4 games.  Tuohy 26 games. 

These kids wouldn't have the endurance to run an afl game out.

They replaced.  Judd, Henderson, Hampson, Waite, Russel, Bower, Laidler, Robinson, Simpson, Walker, Warnock.

But we were at an injury disadvantage and had the depth crisis.  Its funny but it isn't true.

As to Claw.  You started off with the Naive talk.  Then you added Fool to the mix.  Then you added delusional.  I am just quoting you.  Maybe you don't like reading your own rubbish. Maybe you have covered up all the mirrors in your place?

Ox

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »
can someone please summarize this thread thus far fro me,please?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2012, 04:33:16 PM »

FO. do it urself :lol

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »
we have another momentum shift
in the RFC and stiffys career.

gone by middle of next year

that will help people through the night and
make themselves feel vindicated. :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »
LMAO at saying mcguane is a very good example of a depth player then bagging hardwick for keeping him on the list.

If your going to list player and their games, rather than cherry picking in an attempt to justify you argument why not paint the whole picture.

players with,
less than 100 games,
Carlton 15 RFC 16
101 -200
Carlton 6 RFC 5
over 200
1 each.

not a great deal of difference in a game ultimately decided by an errant pass that ahhsed through for a goal.

i always curious as why carlron should be expected to lose, and lose big, with a few outs, yet the same doesn't apply when we made 11 changes in 2 weeks against the gold coast.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »
we have another momentum shift
in the RFC and stiffys career.

gone by middle of next year

that will help people through the night and
make themselves feel vindicated. :lol

Why because afew fools who wouldnt know if their balls were on fire want him to be sacked?  :lol

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2012, 07:19:59 PM »
LMAO at saying mcguane is a very good example of a depth player then bagging hardwick for keeping him on the list.

If your going to list player and their games, rather than cherry picking in an attempt to justify you argument why not paint the whole picture.

players with,
less than 100 games,
Carlton 15 RFC 16
101 -200
Carlton 6 RFC 5
over 200
1 each.

not a great deal of difference in a game ultimately decided by an errant pass that ahhsed through for a goal.

i always curious as why carlron should be expected to lose, and lose big, with a few outs, yet the same doesn't apply when we made 11 changes in 2 weeks against the gold coast.

Carlton Players with less than 15 games.  5
Richmond Players with less than 15 games.  0

Try making the stats reflect the truth next time.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2012, 09:00:45 PM »
really whats the difference between 15 and 30 ?
sweet FA. they are all still learning the caper

The important group is the 100-200 group bracket.

These are the players you live an die by,

perhaps you could break it down to 1-50 then 50 -100 if you really want, but it's still 100 game onward experience that counts.

but once again you cherry pick just so you can whinge and whine.

what ever floats your boat.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »
thus far ox it seems theres fools and then theres fools. depending on what side of the fence your on some fools are bigger fools than others.  hope that helps.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2012, 09:40:48 PM »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2012, 09:47:28 PM »
 :lol   :rollin