Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]  (Read 259114 times)

tony_montana

Re: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]
« Reply #465 on: September 15, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »
Nah, Melbourne have signed a contract him. They also got got special permission for him to play with casey (and i think he may have played NAB cup?) They have committed to taking him regardless, or I doubt the AFL would have granted that.

Ive heard theres a bit of conjecture about that "contract" and that they in fact dont have to take him worse case scenario. I guess we'll see soon, just hope they dont get a top 5-6 rated player for stuff all

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #466 on: September 15, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »
yeah, here's hoping.

It seems that because they have two picks in the first round, only Gold Coast and GWS can force them to use pick 3. It was reported earlier in the year that GWS had already decided to use their first bid and Vic clubs were lobbying Gold coast to do so as well  :lol
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/draft-joust-to-secure-jack-viney/story-e6frf9jf-1226349309807
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #467 on: September 15, 2012, 11:39:38 AM »
  :shh

;D ;D

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #468 on: September 15, 2012, 12:17:56 PM »
what if they would actually take him if they can?
Melbourne have declared their hand, they will take him regardless of the pick they use. So why would you sit back at let that be a late pick, thus risking having a player you want, to be taken before your first pick?

That's exactly what I was trying to say,  I just couldn't articulate it

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

the claw

« Reply #469 on: September 15, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »
can someone explain this to me

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/147651/default.aspx

what happens if neither GC or GWS use their first pick on Viney. Can we bid on him??

How does it work that Melbourne may get him for mid 20 pick? Gee that was royally pee me off hopefully one of those 2 have the smarts to stuff Melbourne up

We can bid but they get to take him with their next pick which will be mid 20's. I was saying these pricks were tanking from early on in the season to use the scully compo picks and get viney for stuff all in a strong draft. They are a disgrace to football and the afl is a bigger disgrace for not cottoning onto this fact.

GWS and GC if they bid on him that forces Melbourne to use their next pick on him which is 3, but I doubt either of those sides will nominate him, he's probably a realistic top 5 pick, prob not a top 2-3 pick.

The oly solace I take is they are a pathetic rabble of a footy club that will never utilize the fruits of their "labour" due to sheer incompetence and it looks as though the very fabric of the club is falling apart with players wanting out badly

Why wouldn't GC or GWS just bid on him

Isn't it better they force the dees to use pick 3 on viney and not a guy they want

I will spew if they got viney at their sub 20 pick and a gun at 3.
i think the question should be why would they. bid on him and they run the risk of not getting a crack at much better credentialled players. imo there are 5 or 6 players easily in front of viney for various reasons.
hard at it inside mids  like viney are often taken later in the draft just look at andrew swallow.
read somewhere that melbourne could use one of their picks 3 or 4 on jack martin in the mini draft.
personally i think if they use their picks in the nd  melb will go 3/grundy 4/ toumpas/orourke. 13 garlett/kennedy 26viney.

for losing scully melbourne get pick 4 straight after their first rnd pick  and pick 13 mid first rnd pick. they go with their first rnd pick 3 and their second rnd pick 26. from what i can make of it compensation picks are excluded from f/s scenarios other wise melbourne would probably have to give up pick 13 to get viney.

the claw

« Reply #470 on: September 15, 2012, 12:37:17 PM »
1st to 3rd rnd picks of teams below us

gws  - 1, 22, 24, 43
gcs  - 2, 25, 44.
melb - 3, 4, 13, 26, 45.
wb  - 5, 6, 27,  46, 47.
pa  -  7, 28, 48.
bl  -  8, 23, 30, 49.
ri  - 9, 29, 31, 50.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #471 on: September 15, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »
OK, the compo picks not being part of the equation changes things quite a bit.

If Gold coast or GWS don't bid their first pick then viney will slip through the second round. In a round about sort of a way this makes compo picks more valuable to the clubs that have father son prospects.

hopefully the report that GWS have decided to bid their first pick is true. Either way Melbourne are forced to use the early pick or GWS will get a kid who will probably be looking to go home in two years time. Win/Win situation
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #472 on: September 15, 2012, 01:09:08 PM »
I've mentioned this guy once before and I'm going to again...

Jesse White (Sydney)

Pro's
He's only 24.
He's a ruck/forward
He's from a good successful club with excellent culture. Hasn't been able to string games together because he's third in line as a ruck or forward option.
He'd be relatively cheap.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #473 on: September 15, 2012, 01:38:39 PM »
He's also poo.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: September 15, 2012, 01:58:14 PM »

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #475 on: September 15, 2012, 02:06:08 PM »
 :facepalm

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #476 on: September 15, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #477 on: September 15, 2012, 03:25:52 PM »
He's also poo.
Some said the same about Ivan Maric. Also I had alot of negative posts when I first named Knights as a FA option. Looks as though the club was thinking the same thing.
I'm not saying he's as good As Maric but we need an alternative to Vickery if he gets injured.
And we also need another ruck for Maric.
The bonus with White is that he can play both ruck and forward and he's still young. He adds a better depth option than anyone we have at the moment.
A straight swap for Mcguane would be a good deal IMO.

The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #478 on: September 15, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
I remember him tearing us a new one when he first came on the scene, what's happened to him? He looked a likely prospect early on.... I haven't seen any footage of him for a couple of seasons something must've happened

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #479 on: September 15, 2012, 03:59:12 PM »
He's also poo.
Some said the same about Ivan Maric. Also I had alot of negative posts when I first named Knights as a FA option. Looks as though the club was thinking the same thing.
I'm not saying he's as good As Maric but we need an alternative to Vickery if he gets injured.
And we also need another ruck for Maric.
The bonus with White is that he can play both ruck and forward and he's still young. He adds a better depth option than anyone we have at the moment.
A straight swap for Mcguane would be a good deal IMO.

Jesse can play. Has talent. However, he doesn't touch the football. That is not good when you are a footballer playing in the AFL