Author Topic: Top 20 Tiger Trades of all time (RFC)  (Read 13938 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Top 20 Tiger Trades of all time (RFC)
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2012, 10:53:35 PM »
How stuffen old are you Smokey? You should be in a nursing home if you saw that bloke play.

:lol

You're right CD, stuffin' old.  At least that's how I felt when I got back from my run this morning!!  :help

I went for a run the other night. Went up 3 big hills and by stuff did I feel it the next day. Almost had a hearty when I got home.

Yeah yeah I know o-e, "back on topic ppl"

I went up 3 very little hills and nearly died.  Only just started running again after a long break - last competitive run was the GC Half Marathon in 2000.  Knees hurt, calves burn and lungs fail but it's worth it in the end....................................isn't it?    :huh

Being sore is better than being fat and poo. I eat like Fev but burn it off with exercise. Although it's harder these days without football. I'll be a fat man soon enough...like my old man Al.
Bugger running a marathon :lol You should have had a crack at the Burnie 10 today ;D

All in good time.  At my current rate of getting back to fitness I would think look out 2038.

Better check first... do they take entries in the 80 years and older category?

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2012, 10:55:41 PM »
How stuffen old are you Smokey? You should be in a nursing home if you saw that bloke play.

You're right CD, stuffin' old.  At least that's how I felt when I got back from my run this morning!!  :help

I went for a run the other night. Went up 3 big hills and by stuff did I feel it the next day. Almost had a hearty when I got home.

I went up 3 very little hills and nearly died.  Only just started running again after a long break - last competitive run was the GC Half Marathon in 2000.  Knees hurt, calves burn and lungs fail but it's worth it in the end....................................isn't it?    :huh

Being sore is better than being fat and poo. I eat like Fev but burn it off with exercise. Although it's harder these days without football. I'll be a fat man soon enough...like my old man Al.
Bugger running a marathon :lol You should have had a crack at the Burnie 10 today ;D

Planty did the B10 today, still fit as a fiddle is Planty ;)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2012, 10:56:56 PM »

watch your lip boy. still got footy so i aint a fat man, yet...... although the recent 10 days of heavy beer consumption has given me a start :help
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2012, 11:10:12 PM »

All in good time.  At my current rate of getting back to fitness I would think look out 2038.

Better check first... do they take entries in the 80 years and older category?

Yeah anyone can enter, even Madtiger  :thumbsup

Planty did the B10 today, still fit as a fiddle is Planty ;)

He's a fat prick.  :lol

watch your lip boy. still got footy so i aint a fat man, yet...... although the recent 10 days of heavy beer consumption has given me a start :help

you play old boys don't you? I guess I am eligible for that now. However, old CHBs can rest easy because I CBF tearing my hammy again. I'll get on the beers with you instead  :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2012, 08:02:33 AM »
What about the Shane Morrison trade? Was that a trade?
 PMJB.
Blumfield? That was a cracker
I thought the best thing about the Kane Johnston trade was the Crows used pick 2 to get Carey!
Have they ever done a decent trade?
If they didn't balls up so many trades they'd be on their 8th successive flag
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2012, 08:17:04 AM »
What about the Shane Morrison trade? Was that a trade?
 PMJB.
Blumfield? That was a cracker
I thought the best thing about the Kane Johnston trade was the Crows used pick 2 to get Carey!
Have they ever done a decent trade?
If they didn't balls up so many trades they'd be on their 8th successive flag

Nah Morrison was picked up in the draft not via trade
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2012, 03:00:52 PM »
No.5: Robbie McGhie

An off-field incident, just a few weeks before the start of the ’73 season, led to McGhie departing the Bulldogs and joining Richmond.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/150042/default.aspx

McGhie memories: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/150042/default.aspx#embedvideoplayer

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2012, 06:57:56 PM »
Forgot how good old 'Tatts' was!  Great memories that vision.   :clapping

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2012, 07:20:01 PM »
He finally packed on the kilos
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2012, 07:16:28 PM »
No.4: Paul Broderick

Part of the famous trade that saw Richmond captain Jeff Hogg head to Fitzroy in late 1993.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/150133/default.aspx

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2012, 07:28:51 PM »

Part of the famous trade that saw Richmond captain Jeff Hogg head to Fitzroy in late 1993.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/150133/default.aspx

My personal fave. He was a champ.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2012, 07:30:16 PM »
Yep.. We bent over the Gorilla's nicely there.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »

Only No. 4 - staggering
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »
Was very upset when he called it quits

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »

Only No. 4 - staggering

I don't think these trades are in order are they?  I thought the final order was part of a competition that will be announced shortly?