Author Topic: Ben Jacobs - Richmond one of three clubs circling ..... (Adelaide Advertiser)  (Read 6238 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Melbourne clubs circle Port Adelaide's Ben Jacobs

Michelangelo Rucci
    October 09, 2012 3:37PM

At least three Melbourne-based clubs - St Kilda, Essendon and Richmond - are chasing Port Adelaide defender Ben Jacobs who wants a go-home trade.

St Kilda head of football Chris Pelchen today confirmed the Saints interest in the first-round draftee - and noted the perfect fit for Jacobs at his club.

"There is interest there - and we have spoken to his management (Paul Connors),'' said Pelchen.

"But we've not moved forward to discuss a trade with Port Adelaide.

"We know Ben wants to return home, as does his girlfriend. He is a Beaumaris boy so St Kilda is the closest club to home.''

Jacobs, 20, met with new Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley on Sunday as the new sales pitch to keep him at Alberton took new dimension.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/department-of-trades/melbourne-clubs-circle-port-adelaides-ben-jacobs/story-fn69a32t-1226492158738?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HeraldSunAfl+%28Herald+Sun+|+AFL%29

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Get it done, Tiges :clapping ™®™®™®™
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Dubstep Dookie

I reported this first  :clapping

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame

I knew last year™®

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers are offering Pick 31 for Ben Jacobs.

Port wanting Pick #29 and #50 for Ben Jacobs and #66

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/free-agent-and-trade-talk.974225/page-86#post-26014172

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

I knew last year™®
I remember seeing this in a dream during the summer of '67, after seeing us get home against the Cats in the GF! I realize now what it all means!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

Tigers are offering Pick 31 for Ben Jacobs.

Port wanting Pick #29 and #50 for Ben Jacobs and #66

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/free-agent-and-trade-talk.974225/page-86#post-26014172

Would.

Good chance we could get the same player at both 29 and 31. 50 is just a token pick and we still got pick 9 + blokes like Arnot and Elton to give a crack.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Coach.
Tell me about Jacobs. You rate him?

Dubstep Dookie

I knew last year™®

I reported it in my previous life.....as Buddy Holly......December 1959

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Coach.

Nope. Was fairly poor when I saw him play but Port got games into him like what we did with Ellis even though he had some games where he went nowhere near hard enough (Ellis that it is...Jacobs has a crack). Port stuck with Jacobs despite horrible kicking errors. Still, they trusted him do a lot of their kick ins so he must have a mighty fine leg at training. bit like Jordy perhaps.

He's only young but I only saw him play a few games where he looked reasonable. Wouldn't give up 31 for him but then again I wouldn't do a lot of the things that go through Craig Cameron's mind. Including the hair cut

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame

I knew last year™®

I reported it in my previous life.....as Buddy Holly......December 1959

2000bc

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Coach.

Nope. Was fairly poor when I saw him play but Port got games into him like what we did with Ellis even though he had some games where he went nowhere near hard enough Ellis that it is...Jacobs has a crack). Port stuck with Jacobs despite horrible kicking errors. Still, they trusted him do a lot of their kick ins so he must have a mighty fine leg at training. bit like Jordy perhaps.

He's only young but I only saw him play a few games where he looked reasonable. Wouldn't give up 31 for him but then again I wouldn't do a lot of the things that go through Craig Cameron's mind. Including the hair cut

ha. Fair enough, bruvva. Good summation. Can anyone else shed any light on this lad? Is he seen as a potential gun? Untapped talent, if you will? Or just a potential B/C grader.
I know SFA about him.

tony_montana

burst onto the scene in 2011, didn't look like a first year player.
2012 he plateaued 2nd year blues. Can play. Pick31 would be a steal, I'd throw in the steak knives and get it done. Would slot straight into our side

Dougeytherichmondfan

I used to work with Ben a few years ago, before he got drafted. Was a little full of himself, but would be a good pickup nonetheless. Went 19 in the draft in 2010 off the top of my head, but went much higher in a few phantom drafts. Kicking an issue, which, given Richmonds awful past with the issue, turns me off, but wouldn't say no!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
burst onto the scene in 2011, didn't look like a first year player.
2012 he plateaued 2nd year blues. Can play. Pick31 would be a steal, I'd throw in the steak knives and get it done. Would slot straight into our side

BJ....log into your own account mate, don't hack Tony's.