Author Topic: Ben Jacobs - Richmond one of three clubs circling ..... (Adelaide Advertiser)  (Read 6257 times)

dwaino

burst onto the scene in 2011, didn't look like a first year player.
2012 he plateaued 2nd year blues. Can play. Pick31 would be a steal, I'd throw in the steak knives and get it done. Would slot straight into our side

BJ....log into your own account mate, don't hack Tony's.

:lol

tony_montana

2012 he plateaued 2nd year blues. Can play. Pick31 would be a steal, I'd throw in the steak knives and get it done. Would slot straight into our side

BJ....log into your own account mate, don't hack Tony's.

:lol
:lol :lol

tony_montana

I used to work with Ben a few years ago, before he got drafted. Was a little full of himself, but would be a good pickup nonetheless. Went 19 in the draft in 2010 off the top of my head, but went much higher in a few phantom drafts. Kicking an issue, which, given Richmonds awful past with the issue, turns me off, but wouldn't say no!

Strikes me as more an inside type player than outside, has he always been a HB or was he a mid in his junior years?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Apparently we have offered pick 31 for Jacobs. Port want 29 & 50 for Jacobs and their 66.

Hellenic Tiger

Personally I have not seen the kid play that much. Saw more of Port in 2011 than this year  and he seemed to be okay in a very poor side.

TM you are quite happy about this.

As I have said I have not seen the kid play that much but TM you seem convinced. :thumbsup

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
forget jacobs

he isnt that good

TigerTimeII

Hack

Ruanaidh

Give them Post.....that's it.

the claw

didnt he have glandular fever this yr or some such thing.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Straight swap for White, one bad kick for another

Dougeytherichmondfan

I used to work with Ben a few years ago, before he got drafted. Was a little full of himself, but would be a good pickup nonetheless. Went 19 in the draft in 2010 off the top of my head, but went much higher in a few phantom drafts. Kicking an issue, which, given Richmonds awful past with the issue, turns me off, but wouldn't say no!

Strikes me as more an inside type player than outside, has he always been a HB or was he a mid in his junior years?
I think both, played genuine mid at TAC but off the HB during the rep games. From memory he picked up 47 touches for VIC metro in one game, so knows how to find the footy. I don't know what his stats have been at senior level though.

tony_montana

Personally I have not seen the kid play that much. Saw more of Port in 2011 than this year  and he seemed to be okay in a very poor side.

TM you are quite happy about this.

As I have said I have not seen the kid play that much but TM you seem convinced. :thumbsup

Yeah pretty much Tb, like his attack on the footy and his run, has good size and knows how to find it. Think he has a bit to offer. 1st round pick whose had 2 years in the system and played 20-30 games, pick 30ish is a good result.  ;)

didnt he have glandular fever this yr or some such thing.

think it was last season claw, and had surgery as well from memory for something else

I think both, played genuine mid at TAC but off the HB during the rep games. From memory he picked up 47 touches for VIC metro in one game, so knows how to find the footy. I don't know what his stats have been at senior level though.

cheers Dougey, doesnt surprise, reckon he could be a candidate to replace Tucky in the guts down the track.

Also I never thought his kicking was bad, made some errors which get magnified in a poor side. Will put my hand up if im wrong though as Im going on about 10-15 games I've seen from him, most last season

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Who would you drop?

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT

Who would you drop?

Jackson........

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
With Chaplin
 Knight's
pick nine.

And good runs injury: grimes. Grifiths. Foley.

I don't think jackson is close to best 22.