Author Topic: Ben Jacobs - Richmond one of three clubs circling ..... (Adelaide Advertiser)  (Read 6237 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
We do need to find a replacement for Tuck. Tuck is a brilliant player and I hope he plays for just as long as his father did but we need to be prepared if he does not.  I do not know anything about Jacobs. What do people think is it better to recruit someone who has been in the system for two years or pick up an untried player in the draft?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
What concerns me most is the reasons he couldn't get a regular game in a poo team like port. He was a rated youngster when drafted.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Yea but get him in a good footy environment and whoa... :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
What concerns me most is the reasons he couldn't get a regular game in a poo team like port. He was a rated youngster when drafted.

Illness and injury, has only been there 2 years and has played 26 games so he's seen a bit of it.

Offline hammo1976

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
id be more interested in taking salopek then jacobs. i know salopek has had his injuries with shoulder etc but if we could get him for a late round pick would be a win.

i keep asking myself  do we really need another player like this jacobs??? id be chasing another tall incase maric or vickery get injured

GO U TIGERS

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yea but get him in a good footy environment and whoa... :shh

Seem to recall many on here thinking the same of one A. Maric about this time last year.   :help

Offline hammo1976

• Future Richmond star
Yeah and look where a maric is know probably talking to a edfl side for next season doubt hell get back on the rookie list

GO U TIGERS

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
id be more interested in taking salopek then jacobs. i know salopek has had his injuries with shoulder etc but if we could get him for a late round pick would be a win.

No need for a pick he's an unrestricted free agent

But I'd pass on Salopek myself
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

there was a time u thought salopek was a gun and u wanted him with us

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Salopek is clapped out hasnt played a good game in 2 years
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Salopek is clapped out hasnt played a good game in 2 years

clapped out? hahah What area are you from i haven't heard that since high school
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

Yep and times change

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Yep that was before 2 shoulder recos and a knee problem
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
Why do we keep poaching from lower clubs ?,  I understand they are more disgruntled and desire better opportunity thus easy to get,   but it would be nice to snag a top 10 Cat , Hawk ,Skunk ,Eagle , Crow or Swan  for a change or am i seeing this wrongly ?
BTW never seen the kid play b4 is he any good ?

tony_montana

Why do we keep poaching from lower clubs ?,  I understand they are more disgruntled and desire better opportunity thus easy to get,   but it would be nice to snag a top 10 Cat , Hawk ,Skunk ,Eagle , Crow or Swan  for a change or am i seeing this wrongly ?
BTW never seen the kid play b4 is he any good ?

You tend to pay overs to get players from top sides, ie wellingham>pick 17, Dawes>picks 21&47.
By the same token players are undervalued playing in a struggling side, errors get magnified and scrutiny is a lot higher, doesn't mean their aren't plenty of decent players plying their trade at a rabble of a club.