Author Topic: Aaron Edwards a Tiger [official]  (Read 82190 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Aaron Edwards a Tiger [official]
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
Just a opportunity that popped up we couldn't let slide I think.  He goes alright, pretty happy with this
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2012, 05:05:39 PM »
yeah, but you were probably stoned at the time, too.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2012, 05:06:47 PM »
yeah, but you were probably stoned at the time, too.

Most likely
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2012, 05:12:15 PM »
 ;D

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
Can he play ruck?

Jesse white would've been a better backup for ruck/forward. He's younger too.

:lol
how tall do you think he is?

backup for ruck/forward  :lol
Cameron stated that Edwards was picked up as insurance for our forward line as this year Vickery was injured.
My point was if Vickery goes down again we have no Vickery type to fill his role.
If Maric goes down and the big X doesn't learn how to mark a footy then we're stuffed.
I'm not saying White is a great player but with his age and size we would've been better served to get him as a backup than Edwards because White can pinch hit in the ruck as well as play forward.
I'm not sure what you think is so funny.
what's funny is people talking about a 6 ft bloke as if he was kpp/ruck.
Cameron never said he was a backup for vickery. he said our goal output dropped when vickery was sidelined, which is also incorrect as vickery had done FA.

Jessie white is a noodle bender...thats Hartley's official rating and thats why we didnt pursue him.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2012, 05:38:04 PM »
This bloke 2 things none of our forwards did consistently well this year - lead and kick straight
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2012, 05:49:31 PM »
For pick 70 odd its fine. Doubt you would find better at that end of the draft. Nice to have another option for the fwd line. We dont have that 3rd mid sized fwd as an option. O'hanlon is still very raw

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »
From r1 2012 it was clear we lacked forward options as we sqwandered an overwhelming I50 surplus on an almost weekly basis. Edwards and knits will mean we dont face up in our front half with nahas king edwards and white EVER again. Wilst we give time for the likes of elton to develop :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »
pick 74 hey.
a pick they reckon they werent going to use.
just had a look at all our picks from pick 50 onwards since 2000. it doesnt make for pretty reading.

the best we have managed with picks after 50 in that time is tuck and mark graham who were both mature recruits, grahams circumstance similar to edwards this yr with age etc.
raines still plays for brisbane and most tiger supporters have no time for him.

all those picks over all those yrs and how many good players have we found after pick 50. seems to me we are better off taking mature players with these types of picks.

Unless someone else is delisted (or Newman is moved outside the list) we won't even use 43.
thats great imo.  we need to cut out the hacks.  reckon most  would be pretty dirty if we did not use pick 43. i know i would be. i was real hopeful of us getting another pick around 45 or god forbid 25. alas it didnt happen. that would have meant two more to go.
you never know we may take someone in the psd heres hoping.

as it is it  looks like one of white mcguane or derickx who else is uncontracted.

have to say you would think mcguane and derickx are very much needed with the dearth of talls and ruckmen on the list.
white well hes now behind knights, edwards, nahas, king, edwards,  reckon hes redundant myself have thought that for the last 4 yrs.

the claw

« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2012, 08:41:24 PM »
Can he play ruck?

Jesse white would've been a better backup for ruck/forward. He's younger too.

:lol
how tall do you think he is?

backup for ruck/forward  :lol
Cameron stated that Edwards was picked up as insurance for our forward line as this year Vickery was injured.
My point was if Vickery goes down again we have no Vickery type to fill his role.
If Maric goes down and the big X doesn't learn how to mark a footy then we're stuffed.
I'm not saying White is a great player but with his age and size we would've been better served to get him as a backup than Edwards because White can pinch hit in the ruck as well as play forward.
I'm not sure what you think is so funny.
we have griffiths  elton and astbury who can all play as a key forward. i assume derickx is there as a ruck forward and is vickerys back up. we need to find a competitive ruckman.
would not be surprised if someone like stephenson or seaby are not rookied or even go in the psd. personally and ive said it a few times id take jack hannath from centrals but i dont think he will last to the rookie draft.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2012, 08:41:46 PM »
Surely we use pick 43. Surely someone gets the arse and we use it? Isn't this meant to be a deep super draft?

Offline Crumden

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2012, 09:17:32 PM »
Not sure how I feel about picking up Edwards. On the plus he plays above his height and is a good kick for goal, and certainly helps fill the gaping mid-sized forward role in the team, at least as a stop gap until if/when O'Hanlon steps up. On the down side he can be inconsistent though certainly has heaps more talent than most players that are going to get drafted in the 70s.  Edwards and Knights both a bit speculative in some respects, with Edwards probably the more known quantity in the short term and knights having more potential upside in the long term. Both came cheap (effectively from picks at the bum end of the draft), fill needs, and more likely than not improve the list. Not quantum leaps forward but that's what the top end of the draft is for.