Author Topic: Aaron Edwards a Tiger [official]  (Read 80876 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Aaron Edwards a Tiger [official]
« on: October 24, 2012, 08:43:26 PM »
RICHMOND is a strongly considering acquiring out-of-contract North Melbourne forward Aaron Edwards.
The Tigers have already purchased free agents Troy Chaplin and Chris Knights and have signalled their interest in taking Edwards, who could be picked up in exchange for a late draft choice before tomorrow's 2pm deadline. Richmond's last pick is No. 74.
If Edwards is delisted, which seems likely if he is not traded, the Tigers can pick him as a free agent prior to the national draft. Edwards, 28, has been supplanted in North's forward line by the improving Robbie Tarrant and Lachie Hansen, the latter having just signed a two-year contract extension.
The Tigers view him as a potential foil for Jack Riewoldt and Tyrone Vickery and also as insurance if either of those players are injured.
Advertisement
Vickery struggled with a shoulder injury this year. Edwards played just nine games in 2012 and has a career tally of 82, having arrived at Arden Street in 2007 as a mature age recruit from VFL club Frankston, where he made his name as a strong-marking spearhead after an earlier unsuccessful stint at West Coast (four games). He booted 17 goals in those nine games this year.
The Tigers opened up a spot on their list and some money by trading ruckman Angus Graham to Adelaide, receiving pick 40 for Graham and their own pick No. 50.
North Melbourne also has been talking to Melbourne about a deal for Cameron Pedersen, who is under contract, the Demons as yet unable to provide the draft pick that the Roos want. North also is trying to acquire Port Adelaide's Ben Jacobs. To date, the Power has been unwilling to sell Jacobs, a Victorian, for North's pick 38 or 39.
The Pedersen deal in turn, could be influenced by whether the Demons can send forward/ruck Stef Martin to Brisbane, with that compensation used by Melbourne and handed on to North for Pedersen.
The Bulldogs yesterday completed the trade of Koby Stevens from West Coast in exchange for draft pick no 44.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-on-prowl-for-north-forward-edwards-20121024-285vk.html#ixzz2ACxnDHNf
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:08:44 AM by one-eyed »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Aaron Edwards a Tiger [official]
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »
RICHMOND is a strongly considering acquiring out-of-contract North Melbourne forward Aaron Edwards.
The Tigers have already purchased free agents Troy Chaplin and Chris Knights and have signalled their interest in taking Edwards, who could be picked up in exchange for a late draft choice before tomorrow's 2pm deadline. Richmond's last pick is No. 74.
If Edwards is delisted, which seems likely if he is not traded, the Tigers can pick him as a free agent prior to the national draft. Edwards, 28, has been supplanted in North's forward line by the improving Robbie Tarrant and Lachie Hansen, the latter having just signed a two-year contract extension.
The Tigers view him as a potential foil for Jack Riewoldt and Tyrone Vickery and also as insurance if either of those players are injured.
Advertisement
Vickery struggled with a shoulder injury this year. Edwards played just nine games in 2012 and has a career tally of 82, having arrived at Arden Street in 2007 as a mature age recruit from VFL club Frankston, where he made his name as a strong-marking spearhead after an earlier unsuccessful stint at West Coast (four games). He booted 17 goals in those nine games this year.
The Tigers opened up a spot on their list and some money by trading ruckman Angus Graham to Adelaide, receiving pick 40 for Graham and their own pick No. 50.
North Melbourne also has been talking to Melbourne about a deal for Cameron Pedersen, who is under contract, the Demons as yet unable to provide the draft pick that the Roos want. North also is trying to acquire Port Adelaide's Ben Jacobs. To date, the Power has been unwilling to sell Jacobs, a Victorian, for North's pick 38 or 39.
The Pedersen deal in turn, could be influenced by whether the Demons can send forward/ruck Stef Martin to Brisbane, with that compensation used by Melbourne and handed on to North for Pedersen.
The Bulldogs yesterday completed the trade of Koby Stevens from West Coast in exchange for draft pick no 44.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-on-prowl-for-north-forward-edwards-20121024-285vk.html#ixzz2ACxnDHNf

Cue the "fantastic pick up. He's free. Let's knight Craig Cameron & Blair Hartley"

gerkin greg

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »
:chuck

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 09:10:54 PM »
I like him.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »
Absolute rubbish player
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 09:18:54 PM »
Hope we get Titch's older brother.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »
Get it done, Sir Hartley  :clapping

gerkin greg

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 09:27:10 PM »

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 09:28:07 PM »
Yeeeesssssss :clapping

dwaino

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 10:04:51 PM »
Inb4 Melbourne swoop in and cut our grass, adding to their star studded forward line bloated with guns.  :shh

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 10:09:54 PM »
I've been well behaved for a while now and this has tipped me over the edge...
Fat lazy player, don't want prefer mcguane
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

tony_montana

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »
 ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 10:32:48 PM »

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 10:47:38 PM »
Advertisement

Solid editors down at The Age.  Makes me read the article like I'm Mario.

the claw

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 10:58:03 PM »
I like him.
would be a decent get exact type we dont have.think about it and look how he plays as a forward compared to king,nahas, edwards and white.
hes totally different.
at pick 74 i would personally rather go with max duffy.  drop a player like white and psd edwards. in fact edwards for white would be a massive upgrade as far as im concerned.