Author Topic: Movies  (Read 55443 times)

Gigantor

Movies
« on: October 28, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »
Went and saw the indie movie(safety not guaranteed) yesterday.I must say it was an odd movie.A comedy about time travel .It had its moments of laughter but mostly it seemed to be running on the spot.Anyone else seen it

Just a few points on movie behaviour....why would you take a baby into the cinema with you? and secondly if you have a real bad case of the flu and are coughing, sneezing,blowing your nose (at concorde levels),why not wait until you are better,before deciding to come, and plant your ass next to mine

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Movies
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
probably due to similar reasons as to why people leave shopping trollies in parking bays, or park their car in one of only three truck/car and trailer parking bays while there are dozens of free spaces available, or why cyclists wearing lycra ride as close to the traffic as possible even though they have shoulder 2-3 m wide to ride in.....

god, i need a becks and lie down i think
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »
Speaking of cyclists Al,i drove into the botanical gardens today to do my sunday walk through the parks and gardens,and was confronted by a flotilla of cyclists who would not budge ,and on more than one occasion forced me out wide .Now dont get me wrong as  I cycle too but only on trails and will take my bike to the location before re assembling it

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »
Haven't seen the movie G but I can sympathise with both you and al re militant cyclists. I'm a rider also but primarily off raod on fire trails around my area. I used to be a road cyclist a number of years ago but things have changed so much since then. I had one turd on a road bike riding in front of our car in the middle of the road on a tricky stretch near my place. We got to a steep hill and the idiot just stayed there. There was plenty of room for him to move over but he chose to do his 15km/h right in front of us. I so wish I had installed a claw at the front of our car which could grab him and just flick him over our roof!  :banghead

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 02:25:52 PM »
 :lol a vital extra for all new cars.

I dont have an issue with cylists as such. i occasionally us a bike to get around myself.

I just cant understand that 95% of cyclists i see wearing civies will ride as far to the left  as possible, the safest and smartest place to be. Yet 95% of cyclists wearing lycra want to ride as close to the traffic as possible, regardless of how big a shoulder they have available. then you get the total ares clowns who want to ride two abreast on narrow roads. The law may say they can, but common sense says GTFO.

All that tight fiiting lycra must cut the blood supply to their brain somehow.
Perhaps their brain is in their arse?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »

All that tight fiiting lycra must cut the blood supply to their brain somehow.
Perhaps their brain is in their arse?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 03:11:06 PM »
 :rollin

Gigantor

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
I guess this aint a movie as such but i noticed the series "56 UP" begins this week.I have followed this throughout the years except the first series as I wasnt on planet earth yet.I have found it to be an amazing series .Anyone else follow this series?

And another winge since this  has also doubled up as a what cheeses me off thread....Please gentlemen(ladies) of all walks of life dont go out in public if you have BO that could sink the titanic,unless of course you just dug the suez canal by shovel,then you can be excused.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 10:30:33 AM »
G, I've followed it on and off. Felt really sorry for the young boy Neil who was wide eyed and full of enthusiasm as a 7 year old and then in his thirties ended up living on the streets and suffering from a mental illness. I do hear now though that he has turned things around for himself which is pleasing to hear.

I'll watch the new one when it comes out.

Gigantor

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »
Although havent seen yet I did hear that Neil has found religion,and has also run for council elections.I guess we will find out when the series starts this Tuesday.
You are right though he was so wide eyed and full of life at 7 and then it was more or less a downhill slide after that.Although one caa never take what we see as the whole story of ones life

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 04:56:15 PM »
Although havent seen yet I did hear that Neil has found religion,and has also run for council elections.I guess we will find out when the series starts this Tuesday.
You are right though he was so wide eyed and full of life at 7 and then it was more or less a downhill slide after that.Although one caa never take what we see as the whole story of ones life

G, I've just watched the first part and you're right. Neil did find religion as a special minister and is a local Councillor but he is still only earning a pittance or just enough to live on. I won't spoil the rest for you.

Gigantor

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 07:14:38 PM »
what struck me was how weather beaten his face looks.I know we all age and change through life but somehow his face seems to carry all the disappointments ,and perceived failures.
maybe thats a lesson for all of us to just plough ahead with life and try not to carry our disappointments with us

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »
Yeah I noticed that too. He looked like a man who has carried the world on his shoulders for most of his life.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 06:10:40 PM »
Argo

Really liked the movie

Great performance by Affleck
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Gigantor

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 06:42:04 PM »
Daniel do you know where the title comes from?...just curious