Author Topic: Movies  (Read 55445 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Movies
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 01:53:29 PM »
I'm like al and get most of my movies via the big "T".

Just watched a movie called "End of Watch". Absolutely brilliant!! Its about two cops (Jake Gyllenhaal & Michael Pena) in south Central LA who personally film their day to day operations on a digital camera.
I won't say any more as it could spoil the film for those of you who haven't seen it. Certainly a refreshing deviation from your regular cop drama's. There is lots of violence and coarse language but it is in context.

My Wife who is usually into chick flicks was not impressed when I put it on, but after the first few minutes surprisingly she was hooked in by it and raved about it afterwards.

I give it 5 Bill Collins out of 5

Gigantor

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »
Hey Tiga...wonder if its out on DVD?
I must admit i'm a bit apprehensive about using the T as we are continually told that its breaking the law etc is that correct?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, 08:04:11 AM »
I'm like al and get most of my movies via the big "T".

Just watched a movie called "End of Watch". Absolutely brilliant!! Its about two cops (Jake Gyllenhaal & Michael Pena) in south Central LA who personally film their day to day operations on a digital camera.
I won't say any more as it could spoil the film for those of you who haven't seen it. Certainly a refreshing deviation from your regular cop drama's. There is lots of violence and coarse language but it is in context.

My Wife who is usually into chick flicks was not impressed when I put it on, but after the first few minutes surprisingly she was hooked in by it and raved about it afterwards.

I give it 5 Bill Collins out of 5

Couldn't agree more Tiga watched it a month ago at the flics
Full marks also really liked it

And yes it's breaking copyright laws but good luck policing it

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Gigantor

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 10:57:47 AM »
well i think tiga has now set the agenda here ..how about we use the Bill collins rating system from now on?..

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 12:49:08 PM »
sounds like a plan  :thumbsup

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 10:41:31 AM »
Off to the rivoli in camberwell last night to see the documentary samsara.Hard to describe this.Not a word is spoken throughout but rather images from around the world set to music.These images consist of whats beautiful in the world and whats bad .Its up to you to make what you will of it.
Now for me if i was searching for a word to describe this movie experience it would be"crap".maybe i was still recovering from the heat the day before ,because i have to admit I nearly fell asleep several times throughout.And for a brief time i even entertained the idea of walking out.
One criticism for me was that i would think 75% of the images are of either asia or the mid east.Now i know i live in the region but my background is definately european so at times it was very hard to realy identify with some of the stuff.

On Tigas Bill collins rating scale i would give this.....one and a half Bill collins's

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 06:15:40 PM »
Off to the rivoli in camberwell last night to see the documentary samsara.Hard to describe this.Not a word is spoken throughout but rather images from around the world set to music.These images consist of whats beautiful in the world and whats bad .Its up to you to make what you will of it.
Now for me if i was searching for a word to describe this movie experience it would be"crap".maybe i was still recovering from the heat the day before ,because i have to admit I nearly fell asleep several times throughout.And for a brief time i even entertained the idea of walking out.
One criticism for me was that i would think 75% of the images are of either asia or the mid east.Now i know i live in the region but my background is definately european so at times it was very hard to realy identify with some of the stuff.

On Tigas Bill collins rating scale i would give this.....one and a half Bill collins's

G, feel free to head into negative territory using the Dolf Lundgren scale for your Samsara review.  :lol  Heres one to use below

Gigantor

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 06:24:23 PM »
LOL..done

Gigantor

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 10:42:28 AM »
Off to the pics again yesterday evening.Once again the classic cinema in Elsternwick was the venue of choice..
I saw the movie Hitchcock last night.,with antony hopkins and helen Mirren.It tells the story of the making of "psycho".Actually it focussed on the relationship between Hitchcock and his wife ,who was a very talented woman,and seemed just as pivotal to his success as he himself was.
As he himself said "we all have a dark side"and he appeared to also.with a strong attraction to all his leading ladies.
Prior to going i had read some not so flattering reviews of this movie,but I was more than pleasantly surprised.

I give this 3 Bill collins's out of 5

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 11:58:28 AM »
G, to add the rating system graphically, All you have to do is copy and paste the codes below into your posts. Paste again for each bill you want to add.

Full Bill

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/o6wwfb.jpg[/img]

Here is a half Bill for you too

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/11jq8i0.gif[/IMG]
And Here is the Code for Dolph

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/33/Lundgren_Ivan_Drago.jpg/170px-Lundgren_Ivan_Drago.jpg[/img]

Gigantor

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 12:09:06 PM »
Much appreciated tiga

Gigantor

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 12:12:20 PM »
practice

Gigantor

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 12:13:08 PM »
yippee it works...ta tiga..I am now a professional move critic..lol