Author Topic: What's our best 22 now?  (Read 95764 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
What's our best 22 now?
« on: October 29, 2012, 10:50:48 AM »
Now that the trade period is over what do you feel is our best 22? Our first draft pick may get a game this year but we seem to be moving away from gifting younger players spots for experience alone.

What's your team and why?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: What's our best 22 now?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »
Bit early seems we haven't had the draft. But here goes:

B: Steven Morris, Troy Chaplin, Dylan Grimes
HB: Bachar Houli, Alex Rance, Jake Batchelor
C: Brett Deledio, Shane Tuck, Shaun Grigg
HF: Shane Edwards, Tyrone Vickery, Chris Newman
F: Jake King, Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin
R: Ivan Maric, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Foley
INT: Matthew Dea, Reece Conca, Brandon Ellis
SUB: Robin Nahas

Left Overs: Ben Griffiths, Chris Knights, Aaron Edwards, Brad Helbig, Todd Elton, David Astbury, Daniel Jackson, Jayden Post.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 12:00:07 PM »
Mine would be slightly different -

HB: Bachar Houli, Alex Rance, Chris Newman
HF: Shane Edwards, Ben Griffiths , Jake King
F: Tyrone Vickery, Jack Riewoldt, , Aaron Edwards
R: Ivan Maric, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Foley
INT: Dustin Martin, Chris Knights , Brandon Ellis, sub: Reece Conca

Left Overs: Robin Nahas, Jake Batchelor, Brad Helbig, Todd Elton, David Astbury, Daniel Jackson, Jayden Post, Matthew Dea

IMHO -  that is a very strong team !  :thumbsup

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »
I think you'll find a number of varying sides in this thread. Was very hard to leave some guys out and where to place others. Then that's excluding any of our draftees doing well and I haven't got Knights or A.Edwards in my team who fair chance that they play round 1 at least.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 12:20:27 PM »
I think you'll find a number of varying sides in this thread. Was very hard to leave some guys out and where to place others. Then that's excluding any of our draftees doing well and I haven't got Knights or A.Edwards in my team who fair chance that they play round 1 at least.

I'm sure your right tigs. There is plenty of options there. I would be happy if you team lined up too which I think is a clear indicators that we have an increasing level of options/competition for spots now.

I noticed you had Newman in your forwardline - was that because you couldn't find room for him in your backline? You didn't have A. Edwards or Knights in the team - is that because you feel they need to earn their spots or aren't as good as other options we already have?

I decided to go tall in the forwardline with Griffiths, Jack and Vickery but I easily see Griffiths making way for a small forward such as Nahas if match ups required.

King is an interesting decision - he is one of the first picked each week based on structure and defensive pressure but does not have the ability of some of our better players. I wonder if he will be forced out of the team later in the year by another small forward such as Edwards, Knights, or a draftee? They would need to lift their defensive game if this was to happen imo.

gerkin greg

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 12:29:45 PM »
Can't see any of this year's draft picks in the starting 22 to begin the season.

Can anyone honestly see Whacko Jacko in the line-up? I'd love to hear your argument.

HB: Jake Batchelor, Alex Rance, Chris Newman
HF: Dustin Martin, Ben Griffiths, Chris Knights
F: Ty Vickery, Jack Riewoldt, Jake King
R: Ivan Maric, Trent Cotchin (c), Nathan Foley
INT: Bachar Houli, Reece Conca, Shane Edwards, Robbie Nahas

EMG/DEPTH:
Brandon Ellis, Brad Helbig, Matt Dea, Dan Jockson, Aaron Edwards, Greg White, Dave Astbury, Jane Post, Tom Derickx, Hot Toddy Elton

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 01:52:59 PM »

I'm sure your right tigs. There is plenty of options there. I would be happy if you team lined up too which I think is a clear indicators that we have an increasing level of options/competition for spots now.

I noticed you had Newman in your forwardline - was that because you couldn't find room for him in your backline? You didn't have A. Edwards or Knights in the team - is that because you feel they need to earn their spots or aren't as good as other options we already have?

I decided to go tall in the forwardline with Griffiths, Jack and Vickery but I easily see Griffiths making way for a small forward such as Nahas if match ups required.

King is an interesting decision - he is one of the first picked each week based on structure and defensive pressure but does not have the ability of some of our better players. I wonder if he will be forced out of the team later in the year by another small forward such as Edwards, Knights, or a draftee? They would need to lift their defensive game if this was to happen imo.

I put Newman forward, half because I couldn't find a spot for him in the back half and half because we need a good user delivering inside 50. I think of the guys vying for HBF he's the best option on a HFF. Better than Houli/Batchelor IMO. Could probably swap Deledio/Newman as well.

Edwards and Knights I think certainly need to prove themselves. I think Edwards will play Round 1 but also think a lot of games we will go with 2 talls in Vickery/Riewoldt only or Griffiths will hopefully go past him during the year. Knights I think has a lot to prove, through either the NAB Cup or Coburg before he walks into the team.

Before I posted I didn't have King but think he's important to the side and will be picked most weeks. Round 1 he's likely to get Yarran and could go a long way to us winning. I had him starting with Nahas as sub as he could be really damaging late in games, coming on half way through 3rd quarter and burning opponents off. Still think he could kick 25 odd playing this role all year.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »

Can anyone honestly see Whacko Jacko in the line-up? I'd love to hear your argument.

Yep, I can. The Coaches love him.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »
Who would go out for him though?

gerkin greg

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »

the drunk guy

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 07:31:41 PM »

the drunk guy

Probably right now. Has a long road back to respectville does Aaron. Just get smashed at home next time  :banghead

Gigantor

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »
this  islike rocking up peeed on the first day of your new job ,,sheeesh

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 07:37:49 PM »
F:- A Edwards, Post......wait hang on

the claw

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 09:24:53 PM »
b/   grimes - chaplin - morris
hb/ conca -  rance - batchelor
c/   grigg  - tuck  - deledio
r/  maric - martin - cotchin
hf/ knights - griffiths - s edwards
f/ a  edwards  - riewoldt - vickery

int/ foley - ellis - helbig - pick 9 stringer.

depth nahas, houli, jackson, newman, king. arnott,

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 09:39:18 PM »
b/   grimes - chaplin - morris
hb/ conca -  rance - batchelor
c/   grigg  - tuck  - deledio
r/  maric - martin - cotchin
hf/ knights - griffiths - s edwards
f/ a  edwards  - riewoldt - vickery

int/ foley - ellis - helbig - pick 9 stringer.

depth nahas, houli, jackson, newman, king. arnott,

Stringer isn't be a Tiger.