Author Topic: Post Gone  (Read 10550 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Post Gone
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2012, 09:42:51 PM »
Why do posters keep saying he had talent? He was extremely ordinary and lacked ticker at AFL level.
Even his form at Coburg was mediocre.

Move on..

I love it when people rewrite history.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2012, 09:44:47 PM »
Did you knw the pyramids were built by generation X ?

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2012, 11:52:25 PM »
Good thread this. I only hope it stays active next year with updates from Altona's answer to Kev Sheedy. :clapping

You are in poor form tonight Coach.
Everyone is entitled to a shocker every now and then I guess.

Why do posters keep saying he had talent? He was extremely ordinary and lacked ticker at AFL level.
Even his form at Coburg was mediocre.

Move on..

I wouldn't say extremely ordinary, but certainly no better than average. That means that you need to have lots of ticker, and agree that, yep, he has none.

I also agree that it's time to move on. Further discussion should be in the 'Old Footballers - Whatever happened to' thread.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2012, 12:05:18 AM »
I have been nothing short of poor tonight. You're correct there, DCrane. Still Ruinadih is having a shocker too so I'm not doing too badly ;D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 01:15:19 AM by Coach Davey »

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2012, 12:16:56 AM »
It's OK you haven't lost me Coach. Bit harsh on Ruanaidh tonight though. You're supposed to be a father figure in here  :bow
But it's all over with Posty. I liked him too, but this career is over and it seems now will be forgotten pretty quickly.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2012, 01:17:59 AM »
Apologies to Ruanaidh for me being a bit of knob tonight ;D Even the best fathers can lose their way at times. Just ask my mate Josef...
Fair enough. The 9th Post certainly caused some activity on this forum. For that he should be applauded :clapping

Ruanaidh

« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2012, 06:32:48 AM »
Apologies to Ruanaidh for me being a bit of knob tonight ;D Even the best fathers can lose their way at times. Just ask my mate Josef...
Fair enough. The 9th Post certainly caused some activity on this forum. For that he should be applauded :clapping
'Water off a ducks back' Coach, don't let it worry you...and yes I do 'carry on' on match day...but you had to dig deep in the kit bag to find that old chestnut :lol. Jayden is a good bloke from a good family who wants to play with his mates.  Good luck to him. My beef is with FJ but hey, pick 27 in the draft is getting to 'roll of the dice' territory. End of transmission.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »
Coachy boy!   :clapping

the claw

« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »

strangely enough, we seem to be saying a similar thing just using different language
are you talking to me al.  seems i speak swahili very poorly mind, when everyone else is talking gibberish  but we are all saying the same thing.

just on post
to get drafted you have to have talent he was good enough to get on a list shame he couldt couldn"t make the grade in the long term.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
just on post
to get drafted you have to have talent he was good enough to get on a list shame he couldt couldn"t make the grade in the long term.

Don't recall you ever being so forgiving to other duds over the years.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2012, 10:30:33 PM »

strangely enough, we seem to be saying a similar thing just using different language
are you talking to me al.  seems i speak swahili very poorly mind, when everyone else is talking gibberish  but we are all saying the same thing.

just on post

unless i quoted you, i was most probably replying to the previous post before mine

anyway, carry on :cheers
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2012, 10:53:11 PM »
Clearly the demands of professional footy wasn't for Postie and that's why he's off to Altona to play with his mates. He's not the first nor will he be that last footballer to do that. He was on the borderline anyway so he made the decision to delist him easier for the Club. We reached for him at pick 26 in the 2008 draft because we had traded away pick 43 for Adam Thomson  :scream and no way was Postie going to slip through to pick 58 which we wasted anyway on Hislop. Just shows again how one recruiting mistake can be compounded to a number of mistakes that result in a poor recruiting effort. Vickery and Nahas are the only ones now left from that 2008 trade/draft period.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2012, 03:26:46 AM »
Saw lucky mcguane tonight.

Bet poor William thursfield spitting chips

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2012, 04:01:05 AM »
Clearly the demands of professional footy wasn't for Postie and that's why he's off to Altona to play with his mates. He's not the first nor will he be that last footballer to do that. He was on the borderline anyway so he made the decision to delist him easier for the Club. We reached for him at pick 26 in the 2008 draft because we had traded away pick 43 for Adam Thomson  :scream and no way was Postie going to slip through to pick 58 which we wasted anyway on Hislop. Just shows again how one recruiting mistake can be compounded to a number of mistakes that result in a poor recruiting effort. Vickery and Nahas are the only ones now left from that 2008 trade/draft period.
Could've had Vickery, Beams, Rockliff, Barlow, and Nahas.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2012, 06:45:31 AM »

Not Jackson & Cameron's best season.