Author Topic: Ricky Petterd [merged]  (Read 25379 times)

tony_montana

Re: Ricky Petterd [merged]
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2013, 09:40:44 PM »
and not running bent over like a cartoon character with his arse sticking out would help too... but back ot

how quickly some forget his terrible footskills and his fumbling when going for easy marks. Dropped a lot of sitters in his games did petts and his 9iron passes are heart in the mouth stuff when coming out of defence. Batch may not be the future, neither is this guy as a defender.

gerkin greg

« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
Geelong are suffering this week from a major dilemma on who to rest from the senior team and whether or not they should bring in the likes of Varcoe, West, Smedts, Vardy, Rivers or Horlin-Smith. 

When we are still having discussions on whether or not Pettard plays we are still a fair way from the better teams.

My Geelong mate reckons watching Geelong rebuild is tough.
Bloody smartarse!

Varcoe is an injury prone turnover merchant, West is about par with Gus, Rivers is a battler, Vardy looks ok when he's not in stasis, and the two kids are glass half fulls

I'd say that's a dilemma

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #257 on: July 17, 2013, 06:32:41 PM »
In praise of Petterd
By richmondfc.com.au
Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin has praised the comeback performance of teammate Ricky Petterd in last Saturday’s vital victory over Gold Coast at Cairns’ Cazalys Stadium.

Petterd, who had been out of AFL action since Round 6 because of a calf injury, was one of the Tigers’ best in his rebounding role across the backline.  He had 24 disposals, including a team-high six rebound-50s, applied a team-high seven tackles, and took a game-high 11 marks.

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-07-17/in-praise-of-petterd

the claw

« Reply #258 on: July 17, 2013, 07:55:02 PM »
i still think this blokes taking games off players like dea will probably take games off the likes of mcintosh if we persevere with him back next yr. i just think coming of the hb line you must be exemplary with footskills and decision making.
one can just see it we are going down the battler path again because they can give just a little more than kids can atm.

id have no problem with petterd playing forward, he takes a good grab and would have to be respected in the air. a edwards is struggling and ohanlon is doing nothing at coburg.  that people is the sum total of our medium sized forwards.

people probably think im bagging petterd but i think he has some ability i just dont think he should be playing in the backline. as a team we really have to add polish if we wish to go to another level. hb is a place where you must have good decision makers who have very good disposal skills.

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #259 on: July 17, 2013, 07:58:07 PM »
Can play. We need to persevere.

tony_montana

« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2013, 08:45:27 PM »
i still think this blokes taking games off players like dea will probably take games off the likes of mcintosh if we persevere with him back next yr. i just think coming of the hb line you must be exemplary with footskills and decision making.
one can just see it we are going down the battler path again because they can give just a little more than kids can atm.

id have no problem with petterd playing forward, he takes a good grab and would have to be respected in the air. a edwards is struggling and ohanlon is doing nothing at coburg.  that people is the sum total of our medium sized forwards.

people probably think im bagging petterd but i think he has some ability i just dont think he should be playing in the backline. as a team we really have to add polish if we wish to go to another level. hb is a place where you must have good decision makers who have very good disposal skills.

agree with this, would like to see him up fwd.. having said that he played a solid game last week and good on him

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2013, 09:54:38 PM »
24 possies, 11 marks..can play a bit the lad :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »
Is playing the best football of his career down back. Keep him there.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »
His not taking games off players when his playing the role better in AFL than they are in VFL.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2013, 07:27:01 AM »
His not taking games off players when his playing the role better in AFL than they are in VFL.

Agree
 Dont know whether its the quality of cattle in the reserves or the state of coburg atm?? Must be a poo place to play for.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

TigerTimeII

« Reply #265 on: July 18, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
when petterd was 1st drafted by melb he was a jet

in juries then took a toll

can assure u when his body is 100% this guy will be a jet again

must persist

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #266 on: July 18, 2013, 09:59:16 AM »
Didn't he lose an internal organ?

Doubt he all get to 100%

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #267 on: July 18, 2013, 10:06:18 AM »
when petterd was 1st drafted by melb he was a jet

in juries then took a toll

can assure u when his body is 100% this guy will be a jet again

must persist

What does a jury have to o with it... :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #268 on: July 18, 2013, 10:31:03 AM »
elite helicopters

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #269 on: July 18, 2013, 10:34:46 AM »