Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013  (Read 149250 times)

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013
« Reply #495 on: March 28, 2013, 10:27:20 PM »
cotchin or deledio ... someone needs to respond.
Still the same old same old.Left to too few and when they are covered we are 2nd rate.
Must admit my man Ivan had a shocking last qtr.
But 4 pts is 4pts i guess.

Rampstar

« Reply #496 on: March 28, 2013, 10:29:45 PM »
I thought we were good for 1 1/2 quarters and we were diabolical for the first 15 minutes of the game and the last half. Every club in the comp will fancy their chances against us even if we are well infront. We still need 1 or 2 superstars to become a decent outfit.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #497 on: March 28, 2013, 10:34:58 PM »
FINALLY!  Geez they are cutting my life short with these hair raising games1
Carlton had nothing to lose in the last, they took all the tags off and went all out attack, they nearly pulled it off but it didn't work.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #498 on: March 28, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »
I thought we were good for 1 1/2 quarters and we were diabolical for the first 15 minutes of the game and the last half. Every club in the comp will fancy their chances against us even if we are well infront. We still need 1 or 2 superstars to become a decent outfit.
We have a few nervous nellies thats for sure.Griffiths i'm afraid just hasn't got it at AFL level as a backman.Time for the coaching staff to send him back to coburg as a foward before his confidence is totally shot.Morris for all is guts has been found out with this new sliding rule and has not much to compensate for it.Rance still attacks the ball at 100mph when at times he should just wait.Conca i'm not sure what he brings to the table to be honest while Ellis is abit in the same boat.Big positive was Vickery,s game and the continued good form of Edwards.Dimma will happy we got away with the 4pts but we still have a way to go really.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #499 on: March 28, 2013, 10:44:44 PM »
Relief ...had to turn the tv off for the final 3minutes.

so happy to see richo interviewing cotch when I finally had the guts to turn the telly back on.

Btw I hate you Brian Taylor....you are there to commentate not barrack .
Unleash the tornado

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #500 on: March 28, 2013, 10:49:15 PM »
I better check the mirror, I think I might be as grey as Mick Malthouse after that.

Our best is breathtaking, but they tired badly. More match fitness and a few hopefully easier games in the next couple weeks will see us turn those half time leads into 15 goal wins.

The forward line was good, it worked well. Griffiths... he's lucky Hampson can't kick. Batch was good, he is a 'real' game performer, he looks ordinary during pre-season but can step it up in the regular season. Nahas, didn't look like he wanted to come on and played like it.

Vickery was a massive positive. Great game.

And McGuane  :bow match winner and played a half decent game.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #501 on: March 28, 2013, 10:49:18 PM »
Go, just got home from the game, we were stuffed in the end, just tired....glad for a win... Great game we loved it!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Rampstar

« Reply #502 on: March 28, 2013, 10:49:26 PM »
We have a few nervous nellies thats for sure.Griffiths i'm afraid just hasn't got it at AFL level as a backman.Time for the coaching staff to send him back to coburg as a foward before his confidence is totally shot.Morris for all is guts has been found out with this new sliding rule and has not much to compensate for it.Rance still attacks the ball at 100mph when at times he should just wait.Conca i'm not sure what he brings to the table to be honest while Ellis is abit in the same boat.Big positive was Vickery,s game and the continued good form of Edwards.Dimma will happy we got away with the 4pts but we still have a way to go really.

the likes of Ellis and Conca and even (Vlastuin who didnt play today) are not superstars but they are important because they provide the substance as foot soldiers. For me, we need to see the likes of Petterd and Vlastuin come into the team.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #503 on: March 28, 2013, 10:51:32 PM »
I don't care what anyone says at the club. The plan that has Cotchin kicking out in clutch situations is BS. He should always be at the foot of a kick-out. Where was Deledio and Newman in that last quarter????? In those final centre bounces we had Eddo and Jacko in the guts?????Well done Dusty and others including Luke and Jacko. Ellis was soft tonight. He had better harden up or Flossy will take his spot.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #504 on: March 28, 2013, 10:53:02 PM »
Yarran, Betts and Garlett sliced us up once we tired badly. I didn't even know Garlett was playing until the 4th quarter.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #505 on: March 28, 2013, 10:53:10 PM »
fmd

Ruanaidh

« Reply #506 on: March 28, 2013, 10:55:10 PM »
Yarran, Betts and Garlett sliced us up once we tired badly. I didn't even know Garlett was playing until the 4th quarter.
We need some indigenous players

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #507 on: March 28, 2013, 11:05:16 PM »
bunnies always whingers. The win was very important - stop whining Sheila bunnies - they will learn and grow in confidence from that win. Go to the ladies, sit down and think about it
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Rampstar

« Reply #508 on: March 28, 2013, 11:09:47 PM »
bunnies always whingers. The win was very important - stop whining Sheila bunnies - they will learn and grow in confidence from that win. Go to the ladies, sit down and think about it

maybe you should take your own advice  :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #509 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:03 PM »
:lol