Author Topic: Nick Vlastuin [merged]  (Read 228935 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Nick Vlastuin [merged]
« Reply #885 on: June 30, 2018, 06:01:21 PM »
Throat is vulnerable, it was deliberate and the edge of your hand is dangerous, we use strikes with it, they call it tegatanu in Japanese, hand blade.  It wasn't a slap or a push.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #886 on: June 30, 2018, 08:30:09 PM »
The more I have looked at the Vlastuin’s incident the more it looks low impact. Imo his tricep hits Parker’s face not his elbow. Big difference.
Not sure if I’m just being “one eyed” as I love Vlastuin but it doesn’t look all that much the more you watch it??
Thoughts??

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #887 on: June 30, 2018, 08:54:52 PM »
The more I have looked at the Vlastuin’s incident the more it looks low impact. Imo his tricep hits Parker’s face not his elbow. Big difference.
Not sure if I’m just being “one eyed” as I love Vlastuin but it doesn’t look all that much the more you watch it??
Thoughts??

Take the week.

The might make an example if we appeal it.

Lebowski

« Reply #888 on: June 30, 2018, 10:19:39 PM »
Thoughts??

It was low impact, wasnt much in it just happened to get him right in the sweet spot - some of the calls that it would be 2-3 weeks were ridiculous.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #889 on: July 01, 2018, 12:25:26 AM »
Thoughts??

It was low impact, wasnt much in it just happened to get him right in the sweet spot - some of the calls that it would be 2-3 weeks were ridiculous.

Im happy to put my hand up and say I thought he’d cop 2-3!
More than happy to take the one match and run!!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #890 on: July 01, 2018, 01:16:16 AM »
It didn't look good . Deserves a week.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #891 on: July 02, 2018, 10:04:48 AM »
take the week, they will get pissy about his eyeball despite the fact he tried to shove him head first into the grass and fell over into Vlastuins elbow that he raised to balance himself
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #892 on: July 18, 2018, 06:27:21 PM »
Richmond assistant coach Ben Rutten provides an insight into the impressive rise of top Tiger defender Nick Vlastuin.

Strong progression

“I think every year he’s got better and better . . . He’s been able to really cement himself and become an integral part of that back six. He’s got a really calm head and he’s strong in the contest, which we love about him. And he’s a really smart ball user as well.”

Midfield move

“We know what he can do down in defence and we thought maybe we could play him a little bit through the midfield and have a bit of a rotation there. But I think we just understood his value down in defence. When he was in the midfield he did a good job there, but we really missed him in defence. He’s happy . . . he understands the role that he plays in the team there.”

Elite intercept ability

“He’s such a good ball-winner back off the opposition, which is really important, especially when you’re able to take the ball from a mark . . . He’s got the ability to win genuine one-on-ones. And he’s also got the ability to read (the play) and work off his man and help his teammates. He balances out ‘Rancey’ (Alex Rance), Dave (David Astbury) and ‘Grimesy’ (Dylan Grimes) and also our running half-backs. He’s a good intermediate player between those two lines.”

Good leadership qualities
“He’s pretty calm, composed and considered about what he does. He knows all the answers to everything and he’s a real leader, especially for that younger group, connecting him with some of the more experienced players.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-07-18/coaches-corner-nick-vlastuin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Is Nick Vlastuin the new Hodge? (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #893 on: August 03, 2018, 11:00:24 AM »

IS VLASTUIN THE NEW HODGE?

“He is the most prolific intercept marker across the half-back flank this season”

Richmond defender Nick Vlastuin is quickly becoming a “Luke Hodge clone”, according to leading football analyst David King.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-friday-august-3-2018/news-story/c18720bab8ebfdc40959dd7eb8e04416

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #894 on: December 11, 2018, 05:01:03 PM »
Looks like Floss is doing extra running to up his endurance base for a run in the midfield next year.

https://twitter.com/KiwiTiger12/status/1072287732813058048

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #895 on: December 11, 2018, 05:02:12 PM »
Looks like Floss is doing extra running to up his endurance base for a run in the midfield next year.

https://twitter.com/KiwiTiger12/status/1072287732813058048

Didn't we try that before?  He is a defender and a bloody good one.  We just need to embrace that.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #896 on: December 11, 2018, 06:24:24 PM »
Probably just for cameos in the guts....need him down back but the more versatile players we have the better....Total Football..... actually think he has far more potential as a forward than a mid though.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #897 on: December 11, 2018, 06:37:05 PM »
On SEN, he mentioned that he hadn’t done much training at all due to the extended break and missing training to go to the AFLPA conference last week.
Maybe he’s catching up
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #898 on: December 11, 2018, 07:07:42 PM »
Yeah I don’t think running laps necessarily equates to midfield time. Pretty sure defenders need to be relatively fit these days too...

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #899 on: December 11, 2018, 08:17:29 PM »
The guy could play anyway if given half a chance. Absolute star I reckon.
Definitely one of my favs