Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 188511 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
sheesh! 
when will the club learn that where someone plays as a kid is their position for life? :banghead

:lol :lol

Yep so true

I would think there's absolutely no hope that any 18 soon to be 19yo could possbily play anywhere else but where they did in the U10s or U12s

:rollin :rollin

BTW realise this but Kamdyn and I share a birthday :clapping :clapping  Knew there was a reason I was massive rap for this kid  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2014, 12:32:38 PM »
Well, I know a lot of Italian and Greek that had beards and were 5'10 at under 12s and played in the ruck =  They stopped growing at 11 and stayed 5'10. I would love to see them in the ruck against a 6'11 player. :scream :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »
Well, I know a lot of Italian and Greek that had beards and were 5'10 at under 12s and played in the ruck =  They stopped growing at 11 and stayed 5'10. I would love to see them in the ruck against a 6'11 player. :scream :lol

:lol  :cheers

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »
pretty sure he was around 188cm when we drafted him. Oh and yeah highly doubt he'll ever be a "wingman" or "midfielder"
Lol love how claw counters the clubs claims of 4cm, like he has gone and measured him up himself,  :lol what do you think the club is some kinda propaganda machine  :o

Pretty simple, go to opening posts.

Pick 31 ~ Kamdyn Mcintosh
Player statistics
    DOB:03/04/1994
    Height:192cm
    Position:Defender
    Weight:85kg

Player assessment

Tall defender with a very good combination of pace and endurance. Versatile defender capable of playing on medium and talls. Played four matches for WA at the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships closing down dangerous opponents and providing good run from defence. Acquitted himself well in four matches at senior level for Peel, averaging 17.5 disposals, five marks and three tackles.

Claw the accurate one. :cheers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2014, 07:39:41 PM »
He grew a for bit in the led up to the draft day, no?

the claw

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2014, 08:23:31 PM »
Grown to an impressive 194cm :o

Heard that in Rance's video. No wonder it seems they have no idea where to play him. Drafted as a wing and grown 6cm since mid last year.  :shh
we recruited him at 192cm so hes grown a whopping 2cm. mate he played a few games at wafl level on the wing and suddenly hes a wingman.
but where is his best position.

He will likely get a crack at wing this year.
lets see
mcbean as ar uck have we played him at anytime in the role at coburg. we did draft hin as a ruckman.
vickery as a ruck well thats a failed cause isnt it. why wasnt vickery developed in the ruck role at coburg. i have to ask will he be good enough as a forward.
post a tall forward puled so often from pillar to post pardon the pun that he didnt know if he was arthur or martha.
elton a tall forward is being developed where.
griffiths another tall forward is playing where.
derickx yes even derickx drafted as a ruckman and played mainly where again.
astbury - geez as a junior a genuine hit up forward where have we played him. its not as if we havent been screaming out for a hit up forward.
mcguane - was drafted as a tall forward . we knew best though and played him as a defender it took how many yrs to realise the error.
mcintosh a tall defender and hes playing where.

yep we have been real successful playing players away from where they played best as juniors..

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:50:47 PM by WilliamPowell »

dwaino

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2014, 08:39:14 PM »
Déjà vu

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2014, 08:58:52 PM »
Screw the wing. Some size in the back line can't be a bad thing

the claw

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2014, 09:00:04 PM »
Grown to an impressive 194cm :o

Heard that in Rance's video. No wonder it seems they have no idea where to play him. Drafted as a wing and grown 6cm since mid last year.  :shh
we recruited him at 192cm so hes grown a whopping 2cm. mate he played a few games at wafl level on the wing and suddenly hes a wingman.  what waffle.he was always a tall defender and spent nearly all of his formative yrs there.
his best position is clearly as a tall defender. if we recruited him on the off chance he could adapt to a mid role we should have went out and drafted a genuine mid instead. we need to play these kids to their real strengths.
 mcintosh is a genuinely accountable tall defender who can provide run and carry. there is absolutely no mystery about where to play him its smacking them in the face.

ive had this debate.  at times they really look like amateurs. when they come out and say before trade and draft periods that we need genuine mids and then proceed to in the main ignore them has me pull my hair out.
they took a tall defender and on the back of 3 wafl games i think proceeded to justify what they had said by calling him a mid. i still ask why dont we recruit mids when we need em.  defenders when we need em rucks when we need em and forwards when we need em rather than constantly hedging our bets.

iirc u had him in your best 22
and i would really like to see him playing off hb in the 22. atm ive picked him on nothing but potential.
im one of few who has regularly said we must give games to some of the younger blokes still.

what i would like to see and what we get dished up is two different things. in the back half i really think this is the way to go.

b/ morris - chaplin - grimes.  i really believe grimes must add to his game in several areas. morris also.
hb/ mcintosh/dea - rance - vlastuin. have stuck with dea over the journey i think he has the talent but he needs to transform that talent to afl level.both mcintosh and dea need to play but it would be very optimistic to expect both to play most games. make one of the hbf theirs and develop them alternately.
the back half changes would go.
no newman give mcintosh/dea  his role.  we had better start getting used to life without him.
 no houli play vlastuin in his place. great reader of the play bloody accountable and he uses the ball real well always making the right decisions.
drop the sheep dog grigg and replace him with the better kicking sheepdog in houli on a wing. also move newman forward or make him a part of midfield rotations.

i also firmly believe we should have in our system a  GENUINE 195cm 95-100kg kpd  whos main strength is being   good one v one.  in fact we should have had one developing for the last 3 or 4 yrs. NONE OF THIS rubbish DRAFTING FORWARDS AND HOPING TO TURN EM INTO A DEFENDER.

the claw

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
pretty sure he was around 188cm when we drafted him. Oh and yeah highly doubt he'll ever be a "wingman" or "midfielder"
Lol love how claw counters the clubs claims of 4cm, like he has gone and measured him up himself,  :lol what do you think the club is some kinda propaganda machine  :o

Pretty simple, go to opening posts.

Pick 31 ~ Kamdyn Mcintosh
Player statistics
    DOB:03/04/1994
    Height:192cm
    Position:Defender
    Weight:85kg

Player assessment

Tall defender with a very good combination of pace and endurance. Versatile defender capable of playing on medium and talls. Played four matches for WA at the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships closing down dangerous opponents and providing good run from defence. Acquitted himself well in four matches at senior level for Peel, averaging 17.5 disposals, five marks and three tackles.

Claw the accurate one. :cheers
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
CLAW

Concise Literature Always Welcomed.  ;D

tony_montana