Author Topic: How did we rate Richmond's draft?  (Read 7628 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How did we rate Richmond's draft?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 08:20:11 AM »
Very happy

Can't believed we snared McIntosh  ;D
do you  realise they took mcintosh as a mid  not a tall defender. way too cute as usual for me. if we want a bloody mid why dont we draft a kid whos bloody played as one, but no that would be too easy for those smucks with the fantastic record not.

Maybe this will help Claw:

Pick 31: Camdyn McIntosh, Peel Thunder
Jackson says: He's a 192cm player who played a key defensive role during the national carnival, but he has the ability to play a midfield role because he has elite endurance. He was in the top three per cent at the Draft Combine for the beep test and 3km time trial. After the carnival, he came back and played senior WAFL footy for Peel Thunder as an outside midfielder.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 08:33:30 AM »
No, no, no no. Just no!

played as a backman in the champs, listed as a backman in his bio on the AFL website, so therefor he is, and can never be anything but, a backman.

Nothing else matters.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »
Im pinching myself we were able to do what we did, ....again :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 08:44:11 AM »
Im pinching myself we were able to do what we did, ....again :clapping

Bloody hell, it's that time of the year again. Everyone is a prodigy and Richmond are going to the promise land. Time for Ramps to bring out his BJ thread again

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »
I'm hearing alot of angry house wifes on the forum lol.Pies had 3 picks in the top 20 offcourse they were going to do well.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »
Very happy

Can't believed we snared McIntosh  ;D
do you  realise they took mcintosh as a mid  not a tall defender. way too cute as usual for me. if we want a bloody mid why dont we draft a kid whos bloody played as one, but no that would be too easy for those smucks with the fantastic record not.

Maybe this will help Claw:

Pick 31: Camdyn McIntosh, Peel Thunder
Jackson says: He's a 192cm player who played a key defensive role during the national carnival, but he has the ability to play a midfield role because he has elite endurance. He was in the top three per cent at the Draft Combine for the beep test and 3km time trial. After the carnival, he came back and played senior WAFL footy for Peel Thunder as an outside midfielder.

Or this:

McDonough is noted as a clever half forward/inside midfielder who represented South Australia at the 2011 and 2012 National Championships.

He was named in the All-Australian team for his performance in the 2012 championships.

He was a dominant member with his U18 team in the SANFL with two 38-possession games through the midfield, then was instrumental in is side’s premiership win with a 28 possession, four-goal grand final performance.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=151562

So as I see it - 3 versatile mids that have a mix of height, some that can play back and one that can play forward, plus a young ruckman who shows an above average level of skills.  And we didn't draft well or address structural needs in the draft?

Rampstar

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »
Gee they're writing some crap on the RFC website these days. They taking the pee even out of themselves.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »
Happens every year.People not happy with some/most of our selections.Why should this year be any different

gerkin greg

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »
Terrific, just terrific  :thumbsup

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 10:27:40 AM »
i find weve recruited for needs but it seems alot of our picks have been outdone by other clubs.

vlastuin went before a number of guns, McBean went alot earlier than expected, and someone tell me why we didnt draft a mid ahead of key back McIntosh?

for this reason seems like the most dissapointing draft in a few years. hmmmmmm

suppose we will find out in time.

Ummm Vlastuin is a gun in his own right. He's better than Grundy. Been hoping for him since last years draft. Over the moon with that pick. Many clubs rated him top 5 just not the crappy clubs that picked before us.  :lol

McIntosh is a winger which last time I checked is part of the midfield. Coach should know whether wing is a midfield position? Where's Coach when you need him? If Simpson/Towers hadn't slid McIntosh would have gone at 17 or 22. He was a slider.

McBean was touted all year as a first rounder. Again he's a slider.

McDonough is a gun. Dual AA forward. Stepped in for Menzel at Champs and was just as effective as Carlton's pick 11. 15 goals in 3 games playing FF.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 10:31:24 AM »
The AFL site's take:

RICHMOND

It seems like even if Lachie Whitfield had somehow fallen to pick nine, the Tigers still would have drafted Nick Vlastuin. That's how much they loved him and his aggressive, tough streak. After that the Tigers went big, clearly on the lookout for some back up in defence and attack. Kamdyn McIntosh rose up the ranks towards the end of the year and would have been snapped up by West Coast if he got through to its first pick, while Liam McBean will be a project player: he has talent but needs time to develop his wiry frame. Matthew Mcdonough's solid frame should see him get a few games next year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151600/default.aspx
wce had pick 46 we had 42 why did we not take mcintosh here if we were worried about the eagles. besides jackson said he took mcintosh as a big bodied mid me i dont think  he knows a mid from  a tall defender.

Ummm lol. Freo wanted him at 17. Then Simpson didn't go to GC as expected. Sydney were going to take him if Pies took Towers. Would have thought being from Perth you would have seen him play midfield. Too busy talking up Tom Lee to watch him?

In your defence I wouldn't want to watch Peel play either.  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 01:02:34 PM »

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
Grundy looks like a 70s DJ.
FFS who wanted him LMAO?

We got a hard nut instead.

Offline Phil Mrakov