Author Topic: How did we rate Richmond's draft?  (Read 7520 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
How did we rate Richmond's draft?
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:25:24 PM »
As the thread title says - How did we all rate our draft effort tonight?

DOB             Hgt       Wgt       Position        Club

9. Nick Vlastuin                  19/04/1994    186cm    85kg     Defender     Northern Knights

31. Kamdyn McIntosh        03/04/1994    192cm    85kg     Defender     Peel Thunder

33. Liam McBean                25/08/1994    203cm    86kg     Ruckman      Calder Cannons

42. Matthew McDonough   26/01/1994    179cm    83kg     Forward      Woodville West Torrens

87. Pass

100. Pass

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: How did we rate Richmond's draft?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »
Very happy

Can't believed we snared McIntosh  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 08:35:44 PM »
Dorothy Mantooth is not happy

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 08:50:24 PM »
Very happy

Can't believed we snared McIntosh  ;D

Seriously? I don't about him. Was he tipped to go earlier?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »
McStoked.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »
Confused.

Really thought we needed to target true mids rather than a defender and a forward who may have potential to be midfielders. Didn't see these as areas that needed attention,  at least not with national draft picks.

Happy enough with McBean as a project ruck - versatility will be important. Happy enough with Vlastuin - very much another Conca selection.

Be interested to see what else we do and how we address our lack of midfield depth.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 09:32:04 PM »
Since 2009 when we drafted Dusty at pick 3, we have only drafted 1 genuine mid in the 4 drafts since, and that was Matthew Arnot at pick 50 odd. (which is only a 20% chance of making it IMO)
Would have thought that this year we would have gone an out and out mid with our first pick after drafting two small type back flankers (safe picks IMO) the last two years with our first pick. (and IMO neither will play midfield in the future as much as we all hope they do)

Also not sure why we need another medium/tall defenders in Kamden Mcintosh? Considering we have Grimes, Rance and now Chaplin in the trade period. Also having Astbury, Batchelor, Griffiths, Dea and even McGaune that play that position. IMO we are either saying Astbury was a mistake, Griffiths is still a 50-50 and McGuane is now a forward.... And Post was a massive mistake at pick 26.

IMO we needed a couple of genuine mids and an old fashion CHF. We have Todd Elton from last year that looks like he is 2to3 years away from being able to compete at the level, Griffiths if they ever decide to play him there, and Tyrone who is a bit of a ruck/pocket type, and Derickx who is only a 20% chance of being any good. Jack needs a fair bit of help down there with somebody else that can take a contested grab.

Anyway just my take!  :gotigers

tony_montana

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »
Purely face value as we dont know how good these guys will be.

I find McBean a bit of a strange pick, were we reaching getting him there or was he tipped around the mark? Looks a very long term type, would we have been better served picking up a project ruckman in the rookie draft rather than wasting a 2nd rounder on him?

McDonut, the SEN guys were surprised we took him, "can play but lazy" were the words used to describe him and since when has a 179cm fwd been a medium fwd?  :huh He may have been able to clunk marks against boys but in the AFL they are bigger, faster stronger, does he have other tricks bc one of his major weapons will likely be non existant at afl level.

Our 1st and 2nd picks look pretty good (at face value)

Rampstar

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 09:43:09 PM »
Purely face value as we dont know how good these guys will be.

I find McBean a bit of a strange pick, were we reaching getting him there or was he tipped around the mark? Looks a very long term type, would we have been better served picking up a project ruckman in the rookie draft rather than wasting a 2nd rounder on him?

McDonut, the SEN guys were surprised we took him, "can play but lazy" were the words used to describe him and since when has a 179cm fwd been a medium fwd?  :huh He may have been able to clunk marks against boys but in the AFL they are bigger, faster stronger, does he have other tricks bc one of his major weapons will likely be non existant at afl level.

Our 1st and 2nd picks look pretty good (at face value)

Agree with alot of this summary except I think we can accept that the McBean selection has been made with a long term plan in mind.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
i find weve recruited for needs but it seems alot of our picks have been outdone by other clubs.

vlastuin went before a number of guns, McBean went alot earlier than expected, and someone tell me why we didnt draft a mid ahead of key back McIntosh?

for this reason seems like the most dissapointing draft in a few years. hmmmmmm

suppose we will find out in time.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 09:49:22 PM »
Does Blair McHartley get a hard on for Mc's ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »
i dont log on here to read we drafted 3 more Scots, when i CLEARLY said i wanted more wogs in the team.

>:(

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 09:54:24 PM »
Does Blair McHartley get a hard on for Mc's ?

Only Mc Dubstep.....

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 09:55:16 PM »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 10:01:06 PM »
Since 2009 when we drafted Dusty at pick 3, we have only drafted 1 genuine mid in the 4 drafts since, and that was Matthew Arnot at pick 50 odd. (which is only a 20% chance of making it IMO)
Would have thought that this year we would have gone an out and out mid with our first pick after drafting two small type back flankers (safe picks IMO) the last two years with our first pick. (and IMO neither will play midfield in the future as much as we all hope they do)

Also not sure why we need another medium/tall defenders in Kamden Mcintosh? Considering we have Grimes, Rance and now Chaplin in the trade period. Also having Astbury, Batchelor, Griffiths, Dea and even McGaune that play that position. IMO we are either saying Astbury was a mistake, Griffiths is still a 50-50 and McGuane is now a forward.... And Post was a massive mistake at pick 26.

IMO we needed a couple of genuine mids and an old fashion CHF. We have Todd Elton from last year that looks like he is 2to3 years away from being able to compete at the level, Griffiths if they ever decide to play him there, and Tyrone who is a bit of a ruck/pocket type, and Derickx who is only a 20% chance of being any good. Jack needs a fair bit of help down there with somebody else that can take a contested grab.

Anyway just my take!  :gotigers

Reece Conca is a midfiedler?
We picked up Shaun Grigg as well..
Go Tigers!