Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 547371 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Former Bomber sees 'direct link' between supplements and depression (Age)
« Reply #3900 on: March 21, 2016, 01:21:41 AM »
Former Essendon Bomber sees 'direct link' between supplements and depression

Jake Niall
The Age
March 21, 2016

Hal Hunter, the former Essendon player who has taken legal action against the club and AFL, says his diagnosis of anxiety and depression stem from concern about what he was given during the club's 2012 injection program.

Speaking at length for the first time about his ordeal and his decision to take legal action, Hunter, 22, told Fairfax Media a psychological assessment had found there was a "direct link" between concern about what he was injected with and his condition.

"Well, I had a psychological analysis and that's what they told me, that there was a direct link between the two," he said, in an in-depth interview in February.

"From what I was told from my psychological analysis and the psychologist that I see regularly, and I know myself, the anxiety comes from all the unanswered questions, all the possibilities that arise from the supplements program that I was involved in and that day to unanswered questions, the anxiety around that, obviously has huge impacts on my life. It's not something there I can switch off, go to work, go 'I'm not going to think about that.' It's always there."

Hunter and his family have provided Fairfax Media with a summary of the psychologist's assessment, which says a "psychological sword of Damocles" will hang over him all his life.

"It is a recipe for life-long anxiety and depression," Professor Ian Coyle said in his statement.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/exbomber-sees-direct-link-between-supplements-and-depression-20160320-gnmnqg.html

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3901 on: March 21, 2016, 05:42:11 AM »
Funny, my counselor told me the exact same thing. :whistle

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Former Bomber sees 'direct link' between supplements and depression (Age)
« Reply #3902 on: March 21, 2016, 10:03:36 AM »
Former Essendon Bomber sees 'direct link' between supplements and depression

Jake Niall
The Age
March 21, 2016

Hal Hunter, the former Essendon player who has taken legal action against the club and AFL, says his diagnosis of anxiety and depression stem from concern about what he was given during the club's 2012 injection program.

Speaking at length for the first time about his ordeal and his decision to take legal action, Hunter, 22, told Fairfax Media a psychological assessment had found there was a "direct link" between concern about what he was injected with and his condition.

"Well, I had a psychological analysis and that's what they told me, that there was a direct link between the two," he said, in an in-depth interview in February.

"From what I was told from my psychological analysis and the psychologist that I see regularly, and I know myself, the anxiety comes from all the unanswered questions, all the possibilities that arise from the supplements program that I was involved in and that day to unanswered questions, the anxiety around that, obviously has huge impacts on my life. It's not something there I can switch off, go to work, go 'I'm not going to think about that.' It's always there."

Hunter and his family have provided Fairfax Media with a summary of the psychologist's assessment, which says a "psychological sword of Damocles" will hang over him all his life.

"It is a recipe for life-long anxiety and depression," Professor Ian Coyle said in his statement.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/exbomber-sees-direct-link-between-supplements-and-depression-20160320-gnmnqg.html

he needs a human rights lawyer
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3903 on: March 21, 2016, 09:16:31 PM »
Very interesting 4 corners episode just screened....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3904 on: March 21, 2016, 09:33:05 PM »
Lawyers behind suspended former Bomber Jake Carlisle have linked the player's off-season drug use with the trauma of his last three years at Essendon.

Carlisle's looming compensation claim comes amidst an avalanche of various legal actions facing the club from the 34 banned past and present players who have now split into various groups.

Fairfax Media has found divisions emerging between various factions, with many players and their managers becoming increasingly disenchanted with the AFL Players Association and the league itself.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...endon-supplements-trauma-20160321-gnn574.html
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3905 on: March 21, 2016, 09:43:41 PM »

Pricks should be in jail

---

"If I don't get this information and I don't get the answers to the questions I'm asking, it's never going to go away." Hal Hunter, Former Essendon Football Club Player

This week Four Corners takes you inside one former Essendon player's battle to find out just what was in the supplements he was directed to take.

"They're not even willing to tell him what (the supplement) is, they're not even willing to tell him that they don't know." Lawyer

As a rookie with the club, Hal Hunter joined the other more senior players in the supplements program. He gives an eye witness account of what it was like to be part of the regime and what went on once the scandal broke.

"Now (they're) trying to make him pay for the privilege of finding out." Lawyer

He describes how the Club has stonewalled his attempts to obtain his medical records prompting him to take action in court, the first Essendon player to do so.

Hal Hunter's case gives an insight into the oversight of the club and its approach to the duty of care it owed all its players.

"I don't understand how an employer can treat an employee in that way." Player Agent

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3907 on: March 21, 2016, 10:14:59 PM »
[BOT] The Age - Drug Policy Central
drugpolicycentral.com › bot › article › th...
9 hours ago - Heppell, the 2015 acting captain at Essendon, has a series of different issues having lost his sponsorship with Adidas ...

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3908 on: March 21, 2016, 11:55:45 PM »
EFC has been campaigning against bullying whilst bullying Hal Hunter!

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-03-18/make-a-stand-against-bullying

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3909 on: March 22, 2016, 04:29:01 AM »
Back to the "it was only vitamins" excuse :facepalm.

Stephen Dank: Former Bomber Hal Hunter has nothing to fear

Jon Pierik
The Age
March 22, 2016

Stephen Dank, the man at the centre of the Essendon drugs saga, says former Bomber Hal Hunter should not be in fear of his health.

And Dank insists he never arranged for biochemist Shane Charter, a convicted drug importer, to go to China to source peptides for his program.

Hunter has revealed his diagnosis of anxiety and depression stems from what he was administered during the Bombers' 2012 supplements program.

Hunter says he was among the group of players injected at the Hypermed clinic when an unknown substance, believed to have been sourced from Mexico, was administered.

Dank said on Monday that the substance was a preparation of 21 amino acids and vitamins which can be bought over the counter at a chemist in Australia.

"Every player was told exactly what the mix was. Everyone was told," he said.

"It was a complete mix of amino acids, both essential and non-essential, plus vitamin C and the complete B group. When has WADA banned amino acids and vitamins?"

Dank also insists the drug was from New Mexico.

Hunter, who has also been interviewed by the ABC's Four Corners program, said he regretted not asking more questions about the injection program. Dank maintains the players had ample opportunity to question him and former high-performance boss, Dean Robinson.

"For the first six weeks before any player was injected or given anything, Dean Robinson would often sit in the room with me," he said.

"If any player couldn't answer what the substance was, what they were given or injected, if they couldn't answer what it was or what its biological effect is, we made him sit down and go through it all again."

Dank, the self-styled sports scientist, would not comment when asked specifically what other drugs Hunter may have been given. Dank maintains the players were not given the banned drug thymosin beta-4, of which 34 past and present players, excluding Hunter, are now serving a year-long ban for being administered. Dank insists he only gave players the legal drug, thymomodulin.

"What has he (Hunter) got to worry about - if it was thymomodulin or thymosin-beta 4? Guess what? Those are registered therapeutic products. Where is the issue?" he said.

Dank gave sworn evidence to the Australian Crime Commission that he administered thymomodulin, an immunity booster safely given to infants, and not thymosin beta-4.

It is not listed by name, but thymosin beta-4 is a peptide that falls under WADA's S2 category for performance-enhancing drugs.

Hunter said he had considered contacting Dank since the scandal erupted in February 2013 but doubted whether he would be given any substantial information.

"Do you really think I would say, 'hop up on the table, we are going to give you an injection', without explaining it?" Dank said.

One of the major chains of evidence through the saga has been whether Dank, through his role at Essendon or through his private business, had Charter source thymosin beta-4 from China, with this then given to compounding pharmacist, Nima Alavi.

Dank insists the timeline of events endorses his claim that he had nothing to do with Charter on this issue. He claimed Charter spent from November 17-24 in 2011 in China. Dank said at that point, having started at Essendon, he had yet to even link with Alavi.

"There was no way I sent Charter on that trip. Our decision [through his private business] to go with Alavi wasn't until December 11. It was on December 2 that our pharmacist said he was winding down," he said.

"There was no evidence that I sent him. There wasn't even an email to say 'go do it'. Wouldn't I have paid for his airfare, accommodation, expenses, cab? Guess what? Not one single expense I covered. If I sent him to China, wouldn't I be paying him?"

Other reports said Charter had left for China on November 26. Charter originally told authorities he had sourced thymosin beta-4 but later recanted and said he had only taken the legal immunity booster, thymosin alpha.

Charter said he had discussed a range of WADA-approved substances with Dank and former Essendon coach James Hird at a chance encounter by the pool of a Gold Coast hotel in December 2011.

While the AFL anti-doping tribunal found in March 2015 it was not "comfortably satisfied" that the players had been given thymosin beta-4, the tribunal was comfortably satisfied that Charter had bought thymosin beta-4 in his first shipment of peptides from GL Biochem in China and that those peptides were passed on to Alavi. But the tribunal was not sure that Dank had received the drug in his capacity as an Essendon representative.

But the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled that it was comfortably satisfied the players had been given a banned substance.

Dank last week lost a defamation case over a series of articles about his administering banned peptides to Cronulla Sharks' NRL players which may have accelerated Jon Mannah's death from cancer.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stephen-dank-former-bomber-hal-hunter-has-nothing-to-fear-20160321-gnn798.html

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3910 on: March 22, 2016, 12:22:38 PM »
Hahahaha!

Just amino acids! Isn't that what he told the weapon to call all the illegal peptides they were about to use? After all, they are just a combination of amino acids!

The guy just confessed under oath that he gave the Cronulla players GHRP 6 and CJC1295! Aren't they amino acids too?

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3911 on: March 22, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »
Further to this....

Counsel for News Corp Tom Blackburn SC told the court he planned to call 17 players from the Cronulla first-grade team of 201l to testify. He also revealed to the jury a text-message exchange that took place between Robinson and Dank in October 2011 — five months after Dank left Cronulla.

Dank wrote: “Hi mate, peptides don’t make the WADA list for next year.”

Robinson replied: “I know, check out section S0 it may fall there.”

“I have, a little grey but CJC-1295 probably doesn’t.”

“Is it approved by any government agency for human therapeutic use?”

Dank texted: “No but never submitted for therapeutic use.”

The conversation continued with Robinson asking: “Can we just call them amino acids or something of the kind?”

Dank replied: “Yes that’s all they are an amino acid blend.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/stephen-dank-case-essendon-pulled-into-defamation-action/news-story/c679097c67c8207098bf78953867d6d7

Can't he just say    :booboo ?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3912 on: March 22, 2016, 04:56:15 PM »
SUSPENDED Bomber Dyson Heppell says he feels “let down” by Essendon after seeing a year of his career taken away from him by a WADA suspension.

In the first wideranging interview with a suspended current Essendon player, Heppell denied that he and the other players deserved blame for their role in the so-called supplements saga.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/suspended-bomber-dyson-heppell-says-he-feels-let-down-by-essendon-for-drugs-saga-that-saw-suspension/news-story/c392044bf72996af9080362162dadc20

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3913 on: March 24, 2016, 04:01:36 PM »
Ve
Injected
Thymosin
And other
Meds
In
Notorious
Secrecy

I watched the replay of this the other night. Every time you revisit this, it just reminds you what an absolute disgrace what went on at Essendon. Injecting players with equine medication as well as an imported substance left behind by a muscular dystrophy patient at Hypermed. God knows what else was used to experiment as the Bombers still can't/won't tell anyone. But hey James, Dank and co. say it was all alright and still try to claim they are the "victims" and that they care for the players' welfare  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3914 on: April 14, 2016, 09:29:43 PM »
Heppell to sue Essendon for $1 million according to Barrett tonight.