Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561633 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #630 on: June 24, 2013, 11:48:23 AM »
Essen Don finish first

Stripped points / picks

2 yr bans

Come on as ad  :cheers

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #631 on: June 24, 2013, 10:47:35 PM »
Jobe was a guest on the coch tonight and admitted taking AOD but still thinks he did nothing wrong.

That whole club are seriously dilluded. They have to be gawn seriously.

Robbo's has sent out a tweet saying Jobe will regret admitting that on live tv
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #632 on: June 24, 2013, 11:08:35 PM »
chimp = brownlow winner

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #633 on: June 24, 2013, 11:36:27 PM »
Credit to him for admitting it, even though he probably knew he was goneski

dwaino

« Reply #634 on: June 24, 2013, 11:37:39 PM »
Jobe was a guest on the coch tonight and admitted taking AOD but still thinks he did nothing wrong.

That whole club are seriously dilluded. They have to be gawn seriously.

Robbo's has sent out a tweet saying Jobe will regret admitting that on live tv

I actually had to rewind that bit as I didn't think I heard it right. It has been written ad nauseum that this AOD is not permitted, just go back through this thread. Instead I just googled "is aod9604 legal in Australia" and found this one

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-anti-obesity-drug-is-banned-in-a-blow-to-essendons-defence/story-e6frf9l6-1226638953414

Take your pick:

The World Anti-Doping Agency and Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority yesterday declared the anti-obesity substance off limits for athletes in any circumstances.

how about

"It is prohibited in all circumstances," WADA communications director Julie Masse said. "AOD-9604 is a prohibited substance that falls under the S0 category of the Prohibited List."

"Substances falling under the S0 category are prohibited at all times (in and out of competition)," it stated. "Given substances under S0 do not have current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use, no TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) would be granted under any circumstances."

Rooted.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #635 on: June 25, 2013, 12:05:21 AM »
 :police:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #636 on: June 25, 2013, 12:32:46 AM »
Essendon captain Jobe Watson admits he took banned drug but remains adamant he did nothing wrong

By Roger Vaughan
    AAP
    June 24, 2013 11:00PM

Essendon captain Jobe Watson has made the stunning admission he took the banned substance AOD-9604, but the AFL's reigning Brownlow Medallist remains adamant he did nothing wrong.

The star onballer said on Fox Footy's On The Couch he took the anti-obesity drug after signing a consent form.

"I signed that consent form and my understanding, after it being given through (club doctor) Bruce Reid and the club, that I was receiving AOD,'' he said on Monday night.

Asked if he thought the substance was legal when he was taking it, Watson replied: "that it was legal at the time and that was actually what I was told I was being given.''

Essendon are under Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) and AFL investigations for last year's supplement program.

The AFL hope ASADA will announce its findings in early August.

AOD-9604 has emerged as a major factor in the controversy.

The World Anti-Doping Authority issued a statement early last month, saying the drug was a banned substance.

Watson admitted that clarification surprised him.

"It did, because the understanding we had through the advice we got and through the medical doctor at the football club, that it was a legal substance,'' he said.

Watson and other players have fronted investigators to answer questions about the supplements program.

Despite the potential for ASADA to hand down severe sanctions, Watson is confident about his fate.

"I don't have a feeling of guilt and I don't believe I've done anything wrong,'' he said.

"So all I want is the truth to come out.

It's not impacting on me, because ... it's not a cloud having over me. I don't care how long it takes.''

Watson also admitted he was surprised by the number of injections he received in the supplements program.

"I don't know it was that vast, in terms of the numbers being reported,'' he said.

"As a player myself, it was a new frontier for us. Having that many injections was something I had not experienced in AFL football before.''

Watson was interviewed before former player Mark McVeigh, who expressed concern after his interview about possible health effects of the supplements they were given.

"I wasn't surprised - I certainly had a different take to Mark,'' Watson said.

"There was a mention about fertility and things like that. That was news to me.''

Watson admitted the anti-doping interviews had affected the players' on-field form at times, but overall they were sticking together.

Essendon have coped remarkably well with the stress of the investigations and are fourth after 12 rounds.

"There were some flat patches, probably around the investigation when players' interviews were being conducted.

"We could only lean on each other and we spoke on numerous occasions that the only people who knew what we were going through were the other people sitting next to you. That solidarity has held us in good stead so far.''

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/essendon-captain-jobe-watson-admits-he-took-banned-drug-but-remains-adamant-he-did-nothing-wrong/story-e6frf3e3-1226669049128#ixzz2X90CFTF5

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #637 on: June 25, 2013, 05:51:41 AM »
Should not play another game this year (and beyond) and hand back his brownlow.

Cheat.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #638 on: June 25, 2013, 06:47:26 AM »
I reckon the players will take this to court.

He stated very carefully that he signed the form that clearly stated what they were receiving but that it was given the ok by "the club and the club doctor".
To me he seemed to be very specific in that he signed off on something that both the club and doctor had signed off on so in his mind they are blameless in this regard.

If my son was recruited to the bombers and was embroiled in this whole scandal there would be no chance in hell that after signing that form my son would be responsible for taking a substance that was banned when the club doctor and the club signed off on it that it wasn't banned.
I'm not sure what a player was supposed to do in this scenario after they had already effectively arranged a form that basically exonerates them from that responsibility?

The club and the club doctor however are stuffed.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #639 on: June 25, 2013, 07:12:11 AM »

He stated very carefully that he signed the form that clearly stated what they were receiving but that it was given the ok by "the club and the club doctor".
To me he seemed to be very specific in that he signed off on something that both the club and doctor had signed off on so in his mind they are blameless in this regard.

If my son was recruited to the bombers and was embroiled in this whole scandal there would be no chance in hell that after signing that form my son would be responsible for taking a substance that was banned when the club doctor and the club signed off on it that it wasn't banned.
I'm not sure what a player was supposed to do in this scenario after they had already effectively arranged a form that basically exonerates them from that responsibility?

Ignorance is not a defence under WADA/ASADA rules, And ignorance appears to be what the players arguing

WADA will say that it is up to each individual to check for themselves and clarify.

Whatever happens it was a very foolish thing for Jobe to say on live TV
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #640 on: June 25, 2013, 07:25:11 AM »
Spot on WP tiges your wrong

Consent form??? Guess what they can't find it

It's lost as they conveniently tell us.

Players are on big money to check and then double check. Ignorance when your a professional is unacceptable

They should face a year out as a minimum

Bendigo to fill the void for TV rights

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #641 on: June 25, 2013, 07:55:03 AM »
bendigo to fill the void. LMAO they get flogged every week at VFL and you think they can fill the void at AFL level. That would surely take the AFL to a new level of being a total joke.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #642 on: June 25, 2013, 08:24:08 AM »

If u read rules this is no excuse  :police:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #643 on: June 25, 2013, 08:33:15 AM »
Bendigo to fill the void for TV rights

Essendon are no longer aligned with Bendigo so that's not an option  ;D

Bumbling Bombers have there own stand alone VFL side these days, perhaps they will need to use the 15 odd blokes VFL listed blokes they have to fill the void  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #644 on: June 25, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »
Tim Watson talking poo