Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561666 times)

dwaino

Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #810 on: July 05, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »
This is boring. I wish they they would hurry up and get probed.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #811 on: July 05, 2013, 01:33:14 PM »
This is boring. I wish they they would hurry up and get probed.

As long as it's not by an alien or we may never find out

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #812 on: July 05, 2013, 02:04:35 PM »
They had team,
I heard they died,
On a needle they were crucified,
Baby that was 2012,
Now they been left behind.....

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #813 on: July 05, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
I thought Essendon fans were a delusional bunch but stuff me that club has lost the plot. They are so rooted and they just refuse to believe it.  :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #814 on: July 05, 2013, 02:41:19 PM »
I just threw King in cause he talks rubbish. Kings position is the player are faultless due to following orders. The WADA rules state the players must be responsible for what drugs they take. Is it not an arrogant wrong position for him to be taking?

Tim Watson is clearly delusional and has too many 'hats' on.
There is provision for extenuating circumstances and some in the know believe this may be the case. I believe the players were told to seek their own legal representation for just this.

This does not preclude them from guilt though, just a leaner sentence.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #815 on: July 05, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »
I just threw King in cause he talks rubbish. Kings position is the player are faultless due to following orders. The WADA rules state the players must be responsible for what drugs they take. Is it not an arrogant wrong position for him to be taking?

There is provision for extenuating circumstances and some in the know believe this may be the case. I believe the players were told to seek their own legal representation for just this.

True al.

If the players get off the Club must be punished severely

Even on SEN this morning David King while defending the players bascially said he and most in the industry expect the Bumbling Bombers to be stripped of their points this season. King said everyone is expecting that the Bombers wont be able to win the premeirship this season not because they aren't a genuine contender but because of the AFL
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #816 on: July 05, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »

True al.

If the players get off the Club must be punished severely

Even on SEN this morning David King while defending the players bascially said he and most in the industry expect the Bumbling Bombers to be stripped of their points this season. King said everyone is expecting that the Bombers wont be able to win the premeirship this season not because they aren't a genuine contender but because of the AFL

define severely?

points this year
draft this year
big fine

big deal.

if no player sanctions then IMO must be no points and draft next year also.

what did the blues  cop again? Thats right 2 years with no draft selections.

lets not forget its not the first time these guys haven't cheated.

2 Year penalties IMO across the board.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #817 on: July 05, 2013, 06:39:25 PM »

define severely?

points this year
draft this year
big fine

That's a start

If it was up to me

Lose all points from this season

$4mil fine, with that money going to all the other clubs. Payable by 31 October this year.

Banned from the first 3 rounds of the next 2 drafts (2013 & 2014)

Unable to sign players under free agency

Cannot trade for early draft picks

12 month ban for Hird

6 month ban for Corcoran and the doctors.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:14:13 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #818 on: July 05, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »
This comment from an age reader on the current state of play nails it:-

The cover-up and damage control job that seems to be going on, just doesn't wash with common sense. Bombers have to own this problem, be accountable and be punished for any wrong doings and tarnishing of the game and their own brand. Claiming ignorance is no excuse and accepting ignorance as a defence, will do even more damage to the game and it would be out of step with near all other sports.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/asada-set-to-act-with-coercive-powers-farrell-20130705-2pgie.html

Its bad enough not fessing up when you are a drug cheat, its a whole new level of disgraceful and dishonest behaviour to consciously choose to embark on a PR campaign costing HUGE dollars to try to confuse the debate. By doing so, Essendon aren't choosing to take responsibility for the problem and for mine says just as much about the ethics of the club as the actual drug cheating that has occurred.

The clear message Is they not sorry for what has happened and they do not care about the damage it has done to the integrity of the game.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #819 on: July 05, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »
I just threw King in cause he talks rubbish. Kings position is the player are faultless due to following orders.

True that
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #820 on: July 05, 2013, 07:44:52 PM »
This comment from an age reader on the current state of play nails it:-

The cover-up and damage control job that seems to be going on, just doesn't wash with common sense. Bombers have to own this problem, be accountable and be punished for any wrong doings and tarnishing of the game and their own brand. Claiming ignorance is no excuse and accepting ignorance as a defence, will do even more damage to the game and it would be out of step with near all other sports.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/asada-set-to-act-with-coercive-powers-farrell-20130705-2pgie.html

Its bad enough not fessing up when you are a drug cheat, its a whole new level of disgraceful and dishonest behaviour to consciously choose to embark on a PR campaign costing HUGE dollars to try to confuse the debate. By doing so, Essendon aren't choosing to take responsibility for the problem and for mine says just as much about the ethics of the club as the actual drug cheating that has occurred.

The clear message Is they not sorry for what has happened and they do not care about the damage it has done to the integrity of the game.

I concur
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #821 on: July 05, 2013, 11:14:24 PM »
Lose all points from this season
The AFL aren't exactly hosing down this idea. Actually they are the one's that 'leaked' it aren't they?

$4mil fine, with that money going to all the other clubs. Payable by 31 October this year.
:lol Nice one about the money going to the clubs. It will be going to Channel 7 as compensation for the substandard Bendigo Bombers vs Collingwood Anzac Day game.

Banned from the first 3 rounds of the next 2 drafts (2013 & 2014)
Wow. Just imagine that. The club could save a fair bit of money out of all this by not needing to have a recruitment dept for 2 years!

Can trade for early draft picks
Disagree, should say can trade for late draft picks. They should be forced to sell off their players at firesale prices.

There was one thing you forgot WP, the players. Don't you think they are responsible too?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #822 on: July 06, 2013, 12:00:29 AM »
How about they forgo premiership points next year too depending on how many players get banned.

If its Bendigo playing then scrap the above they won't be getting premiership points anyway.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #823 on: July 06, 2013, 03:25:40 AM »
Bombers new theme song  ;)

"Ashes To Ashes"

Do you remember a sports scientist that's been
In such an early song
I've heard a rumour from WADA Control
Oh no, don't say it's true

Hirdy got a text message from the Dank Man
"I'm happy, hope IV injections make you happy too
"IV start next week. And Thymosin and Ubiquinone.
Effects details following"

The shrieking of media and opposition fans is killing
Just pictures of supplements in synthesis and I
Ain't got no medal and I ain't got no heir
But I'm hoping to kick but the footy it's glow... glow... glowing!

[CHORUS]
Ashes to ashes, funk to funky
We know Thymosin's for gym junkies
Strung out on a peptide high
About to hit an all-time low

Time and again I tell myself
I'll be cleared and alright
But the little ASADA wheels are following me
Oh no, not again

I'm stuck with a $100k valuable friend
"I'm AOD-9604, losing weight makes you happy too"
Evans says we'll be alright
but The Age says a smoking pistol

I never done good things
I never done bad things
I never did anything out of the blue,
Signed a drug consent form on advice
WADA taking me down right now

[CHORUS]
Ashes to ashes, funk to funky
We know Thymosin's for gym junkies
Strung out on a peptide high
About to hit an all-time low

My Hirdy said to get things done
Whatever it takes at Ess-en-don

;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Essendon report may be delayed as four more drugs probed (H-Sun)
« Reply #824 on: July 06, 2013, 04:25:53 AM »
Essendon report may be delayed as four more drugs probed

Carly Crawford
    July 05, 2013 11:00PM

THE Essendon footy club probe has dramatically expanded, with the world anti-doping watchdog now considering whether four additional drugs allegedly given to players should be retrospectively banned.

The World Anti-Doping Agency has confirmed it was assessing the status of the drugs.

The move casts further doubt on whether the Bombers probe can be thoroughly completed by the August deadline.

The four drugs - TA65, Melatonan II, Interleukin 6 and Cerebrolysin - are suspected of having been administered to Bombers players.

WADA said in a statement: "In relation to (these) substances, we can confirm that information in respect of these substances is being gathered, and appropriate consideration will be given as to their status under Section S0 of the list or elsewhere in due course."

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority yesterday said it was consulting with WADA on the outcome.

The Herald Sun has established that clinical records and correspondence handed to ASADA for investigation include evidence that:

* A BOMBERS star was given the anti-ageing drug TA65 early in last year's competition season.

* A SMALL number of players had been injected with Interleukin 6 at least once.

* PLAYERS were injected with an unspecified type of Melatonan.

* PLAYERS were given Cerebrolysin as part of a schedule of injections complemented by hyperbaric treatment.

The Herald Sun has confirmed that Bombers coach James Hird had attended hyperbaric clinic Hypermed with former sports scientist Stephen Dank and other staff in 2012.

TA65, Melatonan II and Cerebrolysin, along with anti-obesity drug AOD-9604, were identified in the Australian Crime Commission's February report as having been given to players but were said not to be prohibited by WADA.

But WADA has told the Herald Sun the status of all these substances is now under review and they may yet be declared prohibited.

"Every year there are many new or modified substances released onto the market or black market.

"There are also people willing to use experimental substances and methods not yet clinically tested or approved for human use. It can take considerable time and analysis before we are aware of the status of these substances,

"In relation to (these) substances, WADA can confirm that information in respect of these substances is being gathered, and appropriate consideration will be given as to their status under Section S0 of the list or elsewhere in due course."

ASADA yesterday said it was consulting with WADA on the outcome of that analysis. It could not say if it would be completed before August when the authority is due to deliver its report on the Bombers' supplements.

In April, WADA declared that AOD-9604 had been prohibited since January 2011 under the S0 category, which bans any drug that has not been approved for human use by government health regulators.

Essendon is trying to defend that drug by obtaining "independent advice" from unnamed experts that it does not enhance performance. Consent forms before ASADA indicate that players were told they were to receive it.

The Herald Sun reported in May that the anti-ageing drug TA65 had formed part of the ASADA probe.

Anti-ageing medic Dr Robin Willcourt, who is pushing to have TA65 approved for use here, said he had been told an Essendon player had tried it but that he was unaware of its widespread use among athletes.

"I do not know what happened, I heard he had it but I don't think he continued on it," Dr Willcourt said, adding that in his opinion it should not be WADA-banned.

Dr Willcourt has previously told the Herald Sun he had given a small amount of TA65 to Dank.

A source familiar with Essendon's attendance at Hypermed confirmed Hird had been present with Dank, sacked high-performance coach Dean Robinson, players and other staff last year.

However, Hird is believed not to have played a role in overseeing the treatment regime.

Hypermed owner Dr Mal Hooper would not comment on the Essendon matter but said hyperbaric treatment was common for athletes.

"It is commonplace for athletes, and most international clubs including soccer, NRL and basketball use hyperbaric," he said.

Dr Hooper is considering challenging a charge of professional misconduct levelled at him in a tribunal last month.

The charge does not relate to his work with Essendon and he has co-operated with ASADA investigators, answering questions and turning over documents.

The Herald Sun revealed in May that ASADA is building a strong circumstantial case that Essendon players may have been given banned drug Thymosin beta 4, which commonly used in racehorses.

AFL deputy chief executive Gillon McLachlan said the AFL had not pressured ASADA to hurry probe, despite earlier this week declaring the AFL was resolved to having it completed next month.

On Wednesday, Mr McLachlan said the league was "committed to bringing this investigation to an end with ASADA in August, prior to the finals series" but yesterday said the AFL was a junior partner in the investigation and that ASADA would decide the timeline.

"ASADA will finish this investigation when they get it done ... I don't think we would have the ability to influence them to get things completed ahead of time."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-report-may-be-delayed-as-four-more-drugs-probed/story-fndv8gad-1226675061758