Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 558987 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1020 on: July 27, 2013, 01:06:30 PM »
Dean 'the weapon' Robinson set to sue Dons

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/robinson-set-to-sue-dons-20130726-2qq0x.html#ixzz2aCDZfgVC

Demetriou on 3aw kept saying "he didn't/doesn't know/not privy to" regarding the ASADA findings so he can't comment on if there will or won't be penalties. The AFL will have to wait until they see the final report from ASADA.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1021 on: July 27, 2013, 02:13:32 PM »
Is it affecting lives in the way that drugs untested on human beings affects lives?

Is it affecting lives in the way a leader of a sporting entity does by showing zero responsibility for events that lead to long term health disorders?

Is it affecting lives in the way that this same person is, to thousands, a role model but is currently selling nothing but bare faced lies ?

Your best post  :clapping

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1022 on: July 27, 2013, 06:05:08 PM »
Essendon fans on suicide watch.
For sucks sake. ::)

And to think, I actually came around to the belief that Hird was somewhat of a champion by the end of his career.

Goes to prove, you should always stick with your initial opinion.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1023 on: July 27, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »
Richmond fans have been on suicide watch for 30 years
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1024 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »
Essendon fans on suicide watch.
For sucks sake. ::)

And to think, I actually came around to the belief that Hird was somewhat of a champion by the end of his career.

Goes to prove, you should always stick with your initial opinion.
nah, dont confuse playing ability with the person that holds the abilty

Gary ablett senior was a champion footballer despite his personal faults.

Hird may be showing himself to be a toe rag, but he could play.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
David Evans quits as Essendon president
« Reply #1025 on: July 27, 2013, 06:57:13 PM »
David Evans has resigned as Essendon president.

Another one bites the dust at Windy Hill.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: David Evans quits as Essendon president
« Reply #1026 on: July 27, 2013, 06:59:03 PM »
David Evans has resigned as Essendon president.

Another one bites the dust at Windy Hill.

Should issue a formal apology as well

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1027 on: July 27, 2013, 07:01:19 PM »
Richmond fans have been on suicide watch for 30 years

lol

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1028 on: July 27, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.

Rampstar

« Reply #1029 on: July 27, 2013, 07:45:41 PM »

Hellenic Tiger

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1031 on: July 27, 2013, 08:20:02 PM »
Official Statement From David Evans:

I am announcing tonight my resignation from the Essendon Football Club board, effective immediately.

I appreciate very much that this will cause some consternation amongst the Essendon family.

However, I strongly believe that the best thing for the Club at this stage is for a new Chairperson in order to see through the next phase of this challenging and difficult time for our club.

The ASADA report is close to finalisation, and I believe that I have put the interests of the players and their families first in this process, and I have been guided by my duty of care to them and to the Club throughout the last 5 months. I remain extremely hopeful that our players will be treated with fairness and dignity through the next stage, and I do trust the process that we have been subject to.

Leadership is tough at times and I have tried to lead with fairness and integrity and at the same time acknowledging responsibility to make the right decisions. I am confident that this decision is one of those.

My involvement, and indeed my family’s involvement over many years at both Essendon and the AFL have given me great strength during the last 5 months, because many of the people that I deal with are close friends.  This has given me great insight and assisted in making tough decisions, but those decisions now may be seen to be clouded by those relationships or be seen as a conflict, and I am not prepared to have my decisions reflect poorly on the Club either now or in future. 

It is also for slightlyselfish but important reasons. I have significant responsibilities to the 100 people who work at my firm.  They have stepped up to the plate admirably and very capably and the business is thriving but it is important that I return, and this means I cannot give to Essendon what it needs over the coming months.   My business is 6 years old, and I have a clear vision of its future, and I need to get back to the business to prosecute that vision.

What is happening at our club right now is a tragedy, but I know that it will survive. I believe in the Essendon Football club and it's people and it will get through this crisis with people like Paul Little, James Hird and Ray Gunston as its leaders.

The Essendon Football Club is a great institution that is bigger than all of us, and survives and thrives because of the passion of our members and supporters, and the commitment of our players and our staff. Those of us lucky enough to serve the club must always keep in mind that we owe the club our best, not the other way around.

I would like to acknowledge the players who have been my inspiration over the last few months.  They have displayed much integrity, honesty and passion for their club. They have such a desire to play for each other.   I would also like to acknowledge the players parents.  I have come to know these people and understand they have been through a lot. I thank them for their trust in me and I promise I will continue to watch over their boys in the coming months.  I urge all involved in the next stage of this process to put the interest of the players first and foremost.

I will remain a loyal servant to this great club and will be available to help the club through the final stages of the investigation. 

This decision is also, finally, about my family, whose support has been unwavering, but who have also had to bear much of the stress of the last 5 months.  This process has taken its toll on me, and on those around me, and I owe it to them to hand over now for the next phase. 

I will make no further comment until further notice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFL STATEMENT - DAVID EVANS

The AFL tonight said it wished to acknowledge the service of Essendon Chairman David Evans, who this evening announced his resignation from his role.

AFL Chief Executive Andrew Demetriou said that Mr Evans had shown outstanding leadership and tremendous personal courage through a confronting, difficult period for his club and the wider game and had made a significant contribution to the Essendon Football Club.

“Essendon has been faced with one of the great challenges in the history of a proud establishment club in our competition and David has led the way over the last six months to guide the welfare of his player group and the wider club," Mr Demetriou said.

"These are difficult and complex matters that have been investigated, through the ASADA enquiry, and at all times David has sought to discover the facts, act in the best interests of all those under him at the club and to provide leadership on a challenging issue."

Mr Demetriou said members and supporters of Essendon, as well as the wider football family, should acknowledge his wider work in expanding the club's base to its new home at Tullamarine and guiding the rebuild of the club to its current position entrenched in the top four.

"David has paid a heavy personal toll with the interruption to his family and business life, with his commitment and love for his club, and the AFL applauds his efforts to make the welfare of Essendon's players his absolute priority throughout this difficult time and the AFL wishes him the very best as he steps back into private life," he said.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2013/7/essendon-chairman-david-evans-resigns/

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1032 on: July 27, 2013, 08:25:09 PM »
"It is also for slightly selfish but important reasons. I have significant responsibilities to the 100 people who work at my firm."

Yes, Yes. David, of course.......
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1033 on: July 27, 2013, 08:25:45 PM »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1034 on: July 27, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »
On Thursday night he wasn't resigning he was going to dinner

Must have been are really crap meal  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)