Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561797 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2310 on: December 19, 2013, 06:15:55 PM »
Nothing but lemmings following the club off the cliff.

When their members donate to the club do they have to nominate if it's for Tullamarine or Turd's holiday?

I would like proof no efc. Training money has gone tird, spin doctors, human rights lawyers.

Very suss

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2311 on: December 19, 2013, 09:23:24 PM »
Damian Barrett ‏@barrettdamian twitter:

"4 people in past 3 hours tell me Essendon considering appointing Paul Little as club CEO. People delving into the constitution"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2312 on: December 19, 2013, 09:27:58 PM »

Edit: reduce image size.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:33:29 PM by one-eyed »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2313 on: December 19, 2013, 11:43:27 PM »
its clearly time the media began focusing on the essendone fans who are sick of Hird.........#nobrainer
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2314 on: December 20, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »
‏@FOXSportsNews twitter:

"Essendon General Manager of Football Danny Corcoran decides NOT to return to the Club on a full time basis following his suspension #AFL"

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2315 on: December 20, 2013, 12:37:33 PM »

saw this nut job near chady this morning

what a tosser

yeah lets standby a needle loving sissy
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

gerkin greg

« Reply #2316 on: December 20, 2013, 01:54:56 PM »
i hope you rammed him out into the traffic Daniel

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2317 on: December 20, 2013, 02:46:32 PM »
It was probably Hird himself driving around. He's all about himself :yep.

The new Essendon CEO multiple choice test:

http://www.titusoreily.com/post/70541157177/new-essendon-ceo-multiple-choice-test

;D

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2318 on: December 21, 2013, 03:58:32 PM »
Bill says he noticed Essendon start to change three or four years ago. He particularly recalls receiving in the post an ad for a gambling organisation the club had partnered with.

''Now I'm no wowser, but it was the sloppy wording that got me. It said 'Bombers Bet - You Can't Lose'.'' His point is - gamblers can lose.

Bill says the supplements saga came as no surprise to the Essendon supporters he sits with at the footy. He cited ''shifty letters in the shadows of 2011 squeezing Bronze members to become Silver. Inducements of petrol vouchers if they changed in 2012, but by this year, if they didn't change, they would be moving to an inferior seat''.

''My mate from Bendigo who sits next to me has a son who is on the autism spectrum. He runs a small business and he didn't need to be shelling out more money, but he wanted to stick with the club.

''Consider the recent donation procured from members for the 'Flight Plan' - members had to 'opt out' if they didn't want to donate.

''Consider the statements this month about James Hird's pay arrangements - our suspended coach is being paid $750,000 for a year in which he is not doing his job. How do you reckon that news was received last week by Essendon members who work at Holden?''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/when-the-bombers-were-great-20131220-2zqrg.html#ixzz2o5AMn3pC

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2319 on: December 22, 2013, 06:29:16 PM »
It's people like Bill who make football clubs what they are.
It's people like James Hird whose sense of entitlement loses people like Bill.
Good luck Bombers, you're walking a fine line ATM.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2320 on: December 22, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »
its clearly time the media began focusing on the essendone fans who are sick of Hird.........#nobrainer

* Massive bumpage*
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2321 on: December 22, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »
Mainstream media ate by and large idiotic ; sun, Sen etc.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2322 on: December 27, 2013, 03:17:09 PM »
ASADA relied on 'vague' accounts

Chip Le Grand
The Australian
December 27, 2013

ANTI-DOPING authorities are treating as "admissions" vague recollections from Essendon footballers about being injected with a peptide that may or may not be banned for use in sport.

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority claims 11 Essendon players admitted to using a form of Thymosin throughout the 2012 season.

The previously unpublished details of those admissions, contained within tiny print at the end of ASADA's 400-page interim report, reveal the weakness of the case against the club.

All Essendon players interviewed by ASADA were asked whether they were given Thymosin, a substance ASADA suspects was Thymosin Beta-4 but which Essendon and its former sports scientist Stephen Dank maintain was Thymomodulin.

Thymosin Beta 4 and Thymomodulin are both peptides extracted from the thymus gland of cows and referred to as Thymosin. Thymosin Beta 4 is banned by the World Anti-Doping Authority, Thymomodulin is not.

While a handful of Essendon players recalled being given a substance referred to as Thymosin by Dank, others were more vague. One senior player listed under an appendix of the report titled "admitted use of substances by players and officials" told investigators: "Thymosin is ringing a bell."

Another said: "Like, I've definitely heard the word but, you know, I wouldn't be able to tell you if I was injected with it or not."

A third player included in the appendix said: "I'm not sure but it is just a familiar name to me. I'm not sure if I did or not but."

According to the ASADA report, 11 Essendon players admitted to being injected with Thymosin and seven with the contentious peptide AOD9604.

A further 12 players admitted to being treated with a topical cream containing AOD9604.

ASADA assured Essendon and its players during its joint investigation with the AFL that players would not face doping charges as a result of taking AOD9604, a substance not included on the WADA's list of banned substances.

Since making available its interim report to the AFL on August 2, ASADA has conducted further interviews in a bid to clarify what form of Thymosin Essendon players were given. ASADA's case that Essendon players were given Thymosin Beta 4 is based on business dealings and communications between Dank, pharmacist Nima Alavi and Shane Charter, an importer and supplier of peptides.

It is understood that ASADA investigators have used their newly acquired coercive powers to compel evidence from Alavi, a Toorak-based compounding pharmacist who supplied Dank with peptides while he worked at Essendon. Alavi previously declined to testify before ASADA.

Charter, previously convicted of importing pseudoephedrine, a precursor to methamphetamine production, has been described as ASADA's star witness after providing detailed testimony to the anti-doping body. Charter admitted to ASADA he had no direct knowledge of Essendon's use of supplements in 2012.

"Although Mr Charter admitted procuring WADA prohibited substances from China on behalf of Mr Dank he could not positively say whether Mr Dank had administered those substances to Essendon players."

Essendon's defence -- that the form of Thymosin given to players in 2012 was Thymomodulin, an immunity booster given to infants -- is based on a spread sheet obtained from Dank's computer at Essendon. The spreadsheet, titled "2012 THYMODULIN" lists a schedule of injections given to players.

The spreadsheet, along with a picture of a bottle of Thymomodulin found in Dank's fridge at Essendon, were provided to the ASADA probe by the club. ASADA has made no attempt to interview Dank since acquiring coercive powers six months ago.

Outgoing WADA president John Fahey earlier this month said it was "only a matter of time" before Essendon players received infraction notices for doping offences. He subsequently admitted he had not read ASADA's interim report and had not been briefed on the strength of the evidence against Essendon.

Essendon president Paul Little told club members at this month's AGM that Fahey's comments were irresponsible.

http://www.news.com.au/national/asada-relied-on-vague-accounts/story-e6frfkp9-1226790306856#mm-premium

Gigantor

« Reply #2323 on: December 27, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »
The warren commission into the Kennedy assassination took 10 months...How long is this going to take?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2324 on: December 27, 2013, 07:17:39 PM »
According to the ASADA report, 11 Essendon players admitted to being injected with Thymosin and seven with the contentious peptide AOD9604.

A further 12 players admitted to being treated with a topical cream containing AOD9604.

ASADA assured Essendon and its players during its joint investigation with the AFL that players would not face doping charges as a result of taking AOD9604, a substance not included on the WADA's list of banned substances.
That's not actually true. While not specifically listed by its name, the default S0 clause in the WADA code covers substances not tested on humans such as AOD9604. It's more that it's harder to prosecute users compared to users of substances explicitly listed as banned under the S2 clause such as Thymosin beta-4.

In any case, a sportsperson should know what is going into their bodies. Ignorance or a hazy memory isn't an excuse as others who have copped 12-24 month bans have found out. On top of that, if Essendon hadn't conveniently not recorded what was going on inside their club then ASADA wouldn't have to rely on Bomber players' memories to find out what exact substances were injected.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd