Author Topic: Footy Classified Special - Thurs 9.30pm  (Read 7788 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified Special - Thurs 9.30pm
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 11:20:22 AM »
He stated when asked the question that he did not want to talk about it and if they kept persisting ( KB and Dave Colbert) he would up and leave the sudio"

Fwiw whether he is contracted or on staff at geelong he has an obligation to protect confidential matters and an obligation currently to geelong. Whether he considered an offer from another club he is currently with geelong and it does not look good to be talking or even joking about it with another prospective club.

Imo it would look poorly on his behalf, I think he has done the right thing by declining to comment.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »
He stated when asked the question that he did not want to talk about it and if they kept persisting ( KB and Dave Colbert) he would up and leave the sudio"

Fwiw whether he is contracted or on staff at geelong he has an obligation to protect confidential matters and an obligation currently to geelong. Whether he considered an offer from another club he is currently with geelong and it does not look good to be talking or even joking about it with another prospective club.

Imo it would look poorly on his behalf, I think he has done the right thing by declining to comment.
He's a vault our Balmey. Just what we need @ Punt rd.

Vote 1 Neil Balme
 :gotigers
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 12:23:28 PM »
Didn't watch but Love Lloyd. Tells it how it is.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

gerkin greg

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 12:29:04 PM »
No he doesn't. He's also a massive sook. And a wanker.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 12:37:49 PM »
Lordo not hitting hard enough and a bit too defensive of Essendon. Still early days but will never replace Thomo. He did have a point when he said we got all those players for free because no one else wanted to trade for them or waste of a pick in the ND

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 12:42:33 PM »
No he doesn't. He's also a massive sook. And a wanker.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 01:08:08 PM »
The velvet sledgehammer is a massive flog.

Caro made him look stupid.

Rampstar

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »
Lloyd made good points whether we like it or not we could have taken some kids instead and added to our depth of kids.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 02:17:04 PM »

did he mention anything about dying for our sins, coz if hes got that planned again then we should look at someone with a long term future instead.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 03:40:43 PM »
Lloyd made good points whether we like it or not we could have taken some kids instead and added to our depth of kids.
We added 4 more kids to our depth or kids. Problem last season was when we had players go down with injury, we only had untried kids to call up to AFL level, and it cost us games.

With these players who have all played and in some games impacted at AFL level (Pettard, Lonergan, Edwards), at least we can call them into the side if someone goes down.

Put it this way, when Vickery went down in 2012, we had O'Hanlon to call up who had been in the AFL system all of 4 months. Still growing into his own body and inexperienced.

If the same was to happen again, we call in Edwards. No not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, but in terms of getting a result, Edwards is a much much better option than O'Hanlon at this stage. O'Hanlon is for the future hopefully, Edwards can be the player so we dont go so far backwards in the scenario of injuries.

Same thing with when Foley went down, absolutely no one to call on. Lonergan would have been a god send as a replacement for him last season. Once again, I am not trying to say these guys are 'Cotchinesque', simply that when you need to win games, they are better options then 18yo kids who you just drafted.

People can mask the truth, and the fact is we took another 4 18 year olds at the draft table this off season. That is more than 60% of the other clubs. So what, our rookie spots our filled now with experienced players. In my opinion it is probably the smartest move the club has made in a long long while.

Rookie list is in my view the emergency/reserve list. Put guys on there that we have, that we now can compete against the bigger bodies if required.

My only problem with it, and I am sure we'll do this in future anyway is they could have got more mature bodies from state leagues, not just other AFL clubs.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2013, 03:50:52 PM »
O'Hanlon was never a replacement for Vickery. Miller & McGuane played the support role, O'Hanlon is a half forward. Fact is you will only beat poo teams if you need to rely on blokes like Picky.R, Lonergan and Stephenson. Somehow they might help us to finals but she'll be ugly if we travel interstate for a final with those blokes strutting around

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2013, 04:02:04 PM »
O'Hanlon was never a replacement for Vickery. Miller & McGuane played the support role, O'Hanlon is a half forward. Fact is you will only beat poo teams if you need to rely on blokes like Picky.R, Lonergan and Stephenson. Somehow they might help us to finals but she'll be ugly if we travel interstate for a final with those blokes strutting around
He was a replacement for someone, should never have got game last season. McGuane is worse than O'Hanlon anyway, so moot argument.

Can look at Sydney as a perfect example. Everyone asked why they took Morton from us if he couldn't get a game here. Sydney and we know that Morton could impact at AFL level, despite his cons. They had an injury to McGlynn, and some others, and instead of calling on an 18yo to play in the GF, they had someone who cost them nothing, with AFL experience who was able to impact at the top level. Once again, not a world beater, but definitely did exactly what was expected, and in a GF.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2013, 04:11:15 PM »
If O'Hanlon is better than McGuane then why didn't he kick more goals and play more games? So instead of playing O'Hanlon, Ricky Petterd might be the difference? ;D

Also, Morton poos on any of our players outside our best 22. He's still better than a number inside our 22

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2013, 06:27:11 PM »
If O'Hanlon is better than McGuane then why didn't he kick more goals and play more games? So instead of playing O'Hanlon, Ricky Petterd might be the difference? ;D

Also, Morton poos on any of our players outside our best 22. He's still better than a number inside our 22

can you explain why you think that  :huh

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »

They're depth players..  not in the best 22 unless they pull their finger out Petterd does have talent though..

Why do you so critical of everything.. do you actually say anything positive